Okay, what about age limits?
Posted : 31 Dec, 2009 10:52 AM

hahaha well you're outside the age range too! lol

Hmmm maybe the chat rooms....

liv2luvudeeply

View Profile
Posted : 31 Dec, 2009 10:30 AM

Ah well thanks...that would make it easy if the person were a poster, or even knew these forums existed.

Wonder how it would go over if I asked someone within her age limits to forward a message for me?

liv2luvudeeply

View Profile
Long distance relationships
Posted : 31 Dec, 2009 05:33 AM

"Ahem. If you are a woman from Wyoming and you can't hope for a long distance relationship, would someone kindly tell me what I CAN hope for? Cause there's WAY more antelope than folks out here, and most of THEM is married, kids, babies, and the elderly."

The antelope are married??? :-)

"If relocation is what a praying Godly man needs from the woman he chooses to love as God loves the church, it certainly seems reasonable that she would WANT to be willing to relocate for such a man as this. My mother and father relocated many times in the course of their 55 years (and counting); and my mother saw each move as a new opportunity to stand by her man."

Well it's one thing if you're already married to that man for many years, but for single ladies, I think the age of Tammy Wynette has passed. Most women have (many by necessity) careers of their own that they're not willing (and in most cases rightfully so) to give up for a man that could divorce her a few years down the road. I think it's more a practical attitude than a spiritual one. Obviously God can speak and guide us in every situation.

In many cases, it's the children of a previous marriage that make things WAY more complicated. This girl I was dating had no family of her own in her city or in her state even, so the only extended family her kids had was with her ex...his parents were the only grandparents and they were GREAT. How could I expect her to uproot those boys from everything they know, and move 100 miles away from their dad, stepmom, step siblings, and two awesome grandparents that love them to death? She would have done it, but I couldn't see it as being right, and I couldn't move there because of my son.

These are just some of the reasons God did not ordain divorce.

liv2luvudeeply

View Profile
Posted : 31 Dec, 2009 05:20 AM

So where did you post this message? I think if they contact you first, the age restriction is lifted. I was outside the initial age restriction of the girl I was just dating but she contacted me first so I could e-mail her back.

liv2luvudeeply

View Profile
Posted : 30 Dec, 2009 07:49 PM

Yeah not everyone is into the father figure thing. I have a friend who is 17 years younger and she asked me to her corporate Christmas party instead of the guys she was dating. We had a blast and her friends all wanted to know when we were going out again. I just ended a short relationship of 14 years younger, and I was seriously looking at marrying her. I have dated ladies in their early 20's, and I had a little more trouble relating to someone that much younger...I have a daughter who is 20! I'm also kinda casually dating someone 8 years older than me but she's a VERY young 50 something. So that's the reasoning behind my generous age limits.

The problem with the gal that's older than me is that although she LOOKS 10 years younger, she's not nearly as active as I am, whereas, the younger gals are. I think that matching levels of interest and activity play a huge role in whether or not it could work.

liv2luvudeeply

View Profile
Posted : 30 Dec, 2009 07:18 PM

Okay so there are NOT a lot of folks from Northeast Ohio on this site, whether you're looking for a relationship or just a friendship.

So I just found someone close that I would like to at least become friends with. Problem is, her age limits prohibit me from contacting her.

Now I'm not preaching about age limits because I have them too. But I'm a very young forty something, and I've dated girls a lot younger than this girl.

So for those of you who have imposed age restrictions, are you really certain that your age restrictions are God's? Not being condemning, just want to open a discussion. It cracks me up to see a lady say something in her profile like "I messed up on the first choice so I'm totally leaving it up to God this time..." then place an age restriction range of about 5 years, plus other filters. :)

Ain't this online dating thing COOL? lol

Anthony

liv2luvudeeply

View Profile
How long has it been??!
Posted : 30 Dec, 2009 05:34 AM

I would like to see something about how long it's been since the user logged on last. I think Yahoo and other sites have this feature so you know if the person is really active or not. When you view that profile, it says "active in the last two weeks" or "active in the last 30 days", etc.

And I realize it's not to the site's benefits to delete dormant profiles because it decreases the number of profiles to look at, but I can't help wondering if some of these people are even still alive!

Shouldn't there some kind of mechanism to auto-deactivate a profile after some period of inactivity, like a year?

I hate leaving messages that don't ever get read.

liv2luvudeeply

View Profile
Long distance relationships
Posted : 29 Dec, 2009 07:54 PM

Okay but therein lies the next challenge. Because you live so far away, and you don't get to see each other very often, you spend weekends together. Then you have to worry about staying celibate and not letting it get physical while you're staying the night under the same roof. It's a slippery slope... :)

liv2luvudeeply

View Profile
Too much of a dude??
Posted : 29 Dec, 2009 07:31 PM

I have to agree with Piano dude's experience. Almost every close friendship I have had with a woman, single or married, has been a struggle to keep just friends. I've been successful in most, and have a few close female friends. But I too, have had to end friendships because of constant pressure to be more.

That article he posted is a really great treatise of the subject and I highly recommend it. Very interesting observation of how close opposite sex friendships can actually be de-motivating us from pursuing marriage a little harder. Thanks piano dude for introducing us to a great website!

Anthony

liv2luvudeeply

View Profile
Is it me??
Posted : 29 Dec, 2009 07:06 PM

Dude,

I've seen plenty of guys your size and bigger in serious relationships and married. What kind of ladies are you going after? If you're chasing aerobics instructors, chances are fitness is high on her list of things she's lookin for in a guy.

The story that comes to my mind is of a very big dude who was a worship leader at a church in Toronto. There was a very large gal that was also a worship leader there. They met there, worked together in music ministry, fell in love, and now they're happily and largely married.

My advice is not to pursue a serious relationship. Pursue your passion in life (seek ye first...) and He will bring her to you.

Anthony

Page : 1 2 3 4 5