View Profile
Love and long distance
Posted : 19 Jun, 2018 04:55 PM

Jealousy takes over? explain.

bushfire^

View Profile
True or not.
Posted : 19 Jun, 2018 04:52 PM

One thing I changed in my dating life years ago was to stop dating and just make friends. That turns most women off because they want a relationship. They say it in a way that tells me they're looking for anyone to slide in next to them and call it a relationship, whether they truly like the person or not. I want to eventually marry my best friend. I want friendship first, romance second.

As to fear holding back, I have not seen that in men. I have seen it in many women. They had a bad marriage or several bad relationships because they kept choosing the same thing over and over while hoping for something different (Pr 26:11). They keep choosing abusive men and then believe all men are abusive. What they didn't change was their blindness. I have to wonder if they approach relationships passively. If a man chases them, they go along with and hope for the best. They get the worse of men time after time. They trust men instead of being wise. God says not to place trust in men. That does not mean to inspect by asking if someone is mean. Spend time dating in non-romantic ways and observe how they handle being told no. No is a perfectly good answer most hate to hear. They're quick to say it, but hate receiving it. Read Mt 5:37. Yes and No are perfect answers.

bushfire^

View Profile
AGE GAP.. DOES IT MATTER?
Posted : 19 Jun, 2018 04:43 PM

It can. In others, not at all. Relationships are personality dependent. I have known couples where men were older and also where the men were younger. In each situation the marriage was great and age difference had no effect.

bushfire^

View Profile
GUYS ANSWER HONESTLY
Posted : 19 Jun, 2018 04:38 PM

In her response, she was not referring to you. She was referring to herself or anyone else when they try and meet others high expectations. In fact, we cannot meet out own if we're honest.

bushfire^

View Profile
What would you say to this person?
Posted : 14 Jun, 2018 10:38 AM

I'm reminded of Sara mocking the angels when she overheard she would be a mother at her old age. She was reprimanded (correct descriptor?) for not having faith/not believing what God's messenger(s) stated. Look at what happened to John the Baptist's father.

If this is about you and something someone said to you. Ignore it. The adversary is always lurking. I forget which book its in, but not all adversaries are Satan or from Satan. Some are from God. As to why God places adversaries in our path we don't know. Good assumptions are that they are to mature us ( to learn how to deal with difficult people and how to eat an elephant one bite at a time), for us to see our faith or lack of it, etc...

You're a beautiful woman. I'd rest in being a Child of God and let it go at that, even though your heart burns for a husband just as many others do. Read Matthew 19. It's quite an eye-opener.

bushfire^

View Profile
What is a lively topic or discussion?
Posted : 14 Jun, 2018 10:32 AM

There's a lot of worldliness out there for people to jump on. Medical science changes so fast doctors and dieticians cannot keep up. They base data on studies which are nothing more than interviewing people in the hospital and looking for commonalities. That's not exactly scientific, but the best they have. There is a study of science, I think its called scientology or something similar. It has found that within 50 years everything claimed to be scientific and true is proven false.

Is it any wonder God says not to put truth in man? Yet many do and take it as if it were the word of God. How many women get burned online for trusting man instead of being wise as a Godly woman would be? Proverbs 17:4 states only liars listen to deceiving lips.

God gave us a whole book on wisdom called Proverbs. At its conclusion is the description of Lady Wisdom. Too many look at it as a description of Christian women instead of what a life filled with wisdom looks like.

How was that for interesting conversation in that I followed a train of thought to its conclusion?

bushfire^

View Profile
Deal breaker
Posted : 14 Jun, 2018 10:24 AM

People who push themselves/their beliefs instead of doing what Christ said - better to be loving and friendly than right. Another is someone who is religious and without testimony who is a church goer but never submitted. God says they honor Him with their lips, but their hearts are far from Him.

Someone who is judgmental instead of having a testimony of Truth. Someone who holds people to Christian ideals instead of loving them. One of the major things about Christianity from Satanism (the Pharisees were the sons of Satan according to Christ) is they bear with one another, while the religious (wolf in sheeps clothing) measures people against ideals then judges (condemns) them on where they fall short. Ravi Zaccharius had this to say about such people. They stand tippy toe on a island with thier head barely out of water of sin and claim to be righteous. Meanwhile the righteous person admits to God how awful he is and without God, will never be able to approach God. Refer to the parable of the Pharisee and Publican. Only one went away justified before God and it wasn't the Pharisee who patted himself on the back for being good because he wasn't evil like the sinner. Who people compares or holds others to standards of perfection? Satanists.

bushfire^

View Profile
An age question
Posted : 14 Jun, 2018 10:19 AM

Apparently, those who do it are not replying so you won't get an answer. If you want to know, ask them. The rest of us can only provide guesses. It has long been said youth is attractive. It's not unknown to God who tells husbands to not forsake the wives of their youth. Some women fall apart at 40 others at 50, others at 60, and some go on remaining attractive like you.

I really don't think men in their 70s are looking to make more babies as some have suggested.

Your post does have a presumption in it. Women DO look for younger men. From what I see on dating sites, this one and one others, women my age are looking for someone in their 40s. What cracks me up is the women will profess to be attractive and athletic thus wanting a younger man. I'm thankful I haven't been drinking coffee when I've read that as I'd blow it out my nose from . They need to see an eye doctor or turn to God and learn humbleness.

There are great women and men out there of equal age, but distance keeps us/them separated. This does not catch God unaware who ensured we were born at this exact moment and place in time as the best in all of human history that we would be so discontent with creation, we would seek Him out. That is in Acts 17. V25-27 maybe. Forget exact location, but a web search should turn it up.

bushfire^

View Profile
brother's and sister's
Posted : 14 Jun, 2018 10:13 AM

You're correct. Ignore them. They weeded themselves out. Give God thanks for that. Be wise. Not everyone who calls Lord, Lord, shall be saved. Many go to church or self-knight themselves as a Christian yet are wolves in sheeps clothing. " Though they worship me with their lips, their hearts are far from."- God.

bushfire^

View Profile
what's make you stop communicating?
Posted : 14 Jun, 2018 10:11 AM

The conversation has gotten off track with people explaining why they break conversation after some period of exchange. To the OP, it is weird for someone to send a message and then not respond to your reply. Apparently, it happens to all of us. Don't spend time focused on it as none of us on here apparently have done it so cannot give you insight. Drop it from your mind and enjoy your time with God. Man is sin-filled and does all sorts of goofy, crazy stuff.

Page : 1 2 3 4