Author Thread
bushfire^

View Profile
desperate
Posted : 14 Jun, 2018 10:05 AM

It sounds desperate. There are better ways to express yourself. You're part of the mate finding, not merely a bird in a tree waiting to be found. State what you're looking for. Endeavor yourself in that search. If men and women are equals because Eve came from Adam's side, then being equal in the search is good.

bushfire^

View Profile
Hi. Im Shirley from Mauritius
Posted : 14 Jun, 2018 09:58 AM

Greetings from the US, half a world away.

bushfire^

View Profile
True or not.
Posted : 14 Jun, 2018 09:57 AM

What he ^^^^^ said. I know of the worse men who are married, are middle aged, and have been married since their early 20s. They fight with their wives like cats and dogs.

Then there are those who are married and divorced multiple times and who state it was their spouses fault, all 3, 4 times.

There are those who wait and let the low fruit marry themselves off thinking they got a great deal. Downside, you do lose some good ones that way. Their unhappiness in marriage is their own choosing though. They could have waited instead of marrying the man who wooed them the strongest. My neighbor did that and is now unhappily married. She did not look at the whole person, only that he pursued her with great passion. Then they married and he treated her like dirt, demanding she do everything for him.

Then there are those God calls from the world and who give their lives to Him. In turn they become wise, compassionate, and focused on Christ with a transformed mind and a second birth testimony that involves changed worldviews, not (just) speaking in tongues. They're a different person even though the personality is the same. They move from immaturity and falseness into humbleness and Truth. They put others first.

bushfire^

View Profile
Love and long distance
Posted : 14 Jun, 2018 09:52 AM

Possibly but not probably. It has happened, but rarely. You really need to spend time with a person to see who they are in how they handle life and how you interact with them.

bushfire^

View Profile
Hi everyone
Posted : 14 Jun, 2018 09:50 AM

Welcome aboard!

bushfire^

View Profile
Suggestion on how to make this website better
Posted : 7 Mar, 2018 12:30 PM

Discernment is the best vetting process.

bushfire^

View Profile
Not Able To Relate to Most People - Feel Removed and Detached
Posted : 7 Mar, 2018 12:24 PM

Read Isaiah 61:1-3 and see if it helps overcome your depression.

The Year of the Lord�s Favor

61 The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,

because the Lord has anointed me

to proclaim good news to the poor.

He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,

to proclaim freedom for the captives

and release from darkness for the prisoners,[a]

2 to proclaim the year of the Lord�s favor

and the day of vengeance of our God,

to comfort all who mourn,

3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion�

to bestow on them a crown of beauty

instead of ashes,

the oil of joy

instead of mourning,

and a garment of praise

instead of a spirit of despair.

They will be called oaks of righteousness,

a planting of the Lord

for the display of his splendor.

bushfire^

View Profile
When was the last time you....
Posted : 7 Mar, 2018 12:22 PM

Last fall. I don't know about everyone else, but I seldom meet others in the little bit I get out and about into society. I don't meet ladies when I take the boat out fishing. I don't meet ladies when I go to the shooting range. I don't meet ladies at church. I did have a great conversation with one of the managers at the grocery store recently. Great conversation that lasted 10-15 minutes. I did not ask her out. I don't know her faith and secondly, I don't view kindness/friendliness as an indicator of asking someone out. I've been friendly to women and noticed it is usually viewed as flirtation with one of 2 results: They like it and ask when we're going out or don't like it because they think I'm flirting with them. I ask, what happened to the day when you could speak to someone and it NOT be viewed as flirtatious?

bushfire^

View Profile
Courting
Posted : 7 Mar, 2018 12:16 PM

You have to date before you can decide to court. Dating does not infer romantic intentions. For instance, you may have gone on a date with your female friends for pizza and a movie. No romance, just freindship or what Christians might call fellowship. Do that with people you know from church. Eventually you may meet someone you want to date with the hope of getting to know better such that romantic feelings develop and which may lead to marriage.

bushfire^

View Profile
Winks and Favorites
Posted : 7 Mar, 2018 12:07 PM

It's probably the best way, akin to the old dropped hanky. There's nothing wrong with it. It's not the same as pursuing a man, if you're concerned with that aspect.

Page : 1 2 3 4