Author Thread
bushfire^

View Profile
A little discernment here please
Posted : 7 Mar, 2018 12:05 PM

Discernment is the only spiritual gift that I've found in the Bible that can also be practiced (learn it by learning). God states that meditating on scripture results in person becoming wise and well seasoned (Psalm 1:1-5) . If you're unable to tell a scammer from a potential suitor, meditate on Proverbs 17:4. Only liars listen to deceiving lips. Meditate on it as you go about your day, as you watch news, social media, convesations with neighbors, etc... and see if you don't develop discernment and recognize an email from a scammer the moment you see it.

bushfire^

View Profile
Affirmation
Posted : 7 Mar, 2018 11:46 AM

What is affirmation? Are you referring to being thanked for completing a task or complimented on our character strengths, talents and skills? In being thanked for being kind to another when someone else might have become angry? If its on being thanked, we're to do that all the time according to Paul. We are to give thanks for bad situations and good ones, thus everyone should be thanking everyone else, which requires taking notice that someone did something and not brushing it off (dismiss it).

bushfire^

View Profile
turn off and turn off
Posted : 7 Mar, 2018 11:41 AM

From initial attraction to where it builds interest to where the man loses interest can be any number of things. My guess is there was physical attraction and a nice smile then conversation ensued. If the woman states contradictory beliefs, that would be immediate turn off. If the relationship goes for some time before ending, it may be the man did not develop deep enough emotional attachment to keep him interested and motivated to continue the relationship.

It does take awhile to be around someone to see if they're mentally health (God gives a sound mind of self discipline 2 Tim 1:7). Many tend to put their best foot forward and treat you nice and then over time can take you for granted and be dimissive. That would turn a man off and cause him to leave.

To sum it up, lost interest because of lack of emotional development or red flags caused him to run.

bushfire^

View Profile
Approaching ladies in person
Posted : 7 Mar, 2018 11:37 AM

"Every man responded by saying that he would be too nervous to do that because of fear of rejection. Does this mean men can only approach women from the safety of being behind a computer screen? "

There are more options than that. It means those who stated such won't approach an attractive woman unless there is conversation and she shows interest in him. It does not mean men only hide out on the computer. It can also mean the attractive woman already has tons of men pursuing her.

Asking a lady out you don't know can result in bad outcomes, especially with today's accusational mindset, even in church. For instance, I said hello to an elderly woman in passing at church one day, one I've done outreach with. She told her husband I hit on her. He then called one of the ministers. I don't know if it spread thru the whole church or not, but it went from bad to worse, the more than husband talked. It caused me to leave the church.

The one thing not considered in approaching an unknown woman in public is the faith issue. There is no way of knowing whether the person is Christian or church goer, atheist, spiritual, muslim, or believes in everything and nothing at the same time.

Page : 1 2 3 4