Author Thread
gamerman293

View Profile
What are the **9** UNPARDONABLE SINS in the New Testament Covenant?? John 12:48: Jesus says, "There is a Judge for the one who rejects Me and does not accept My words, that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the Last Day!"
Posted : 21 Jul, 2014 06:33 PM

Really the only unforgivable sin is to deny the holy ghost.

When you accept the mark of the beast this is what you do basically.

gamerman293

View Profile
Freedom;How much freedom does a believer have In Messiah Yeshua
Posted : 21 Jul, 2014 03:54 PM

So where is the definition for drunkered?

How do I know when enough is too much?

Again, this looks like someone trying to justify something because they enjoy it.

In the end it doesn't really matter to me because I do not judge sin, the Lord does.

"The next time you here of a wedding in your neighborhood,go there when they are celebrating,about to drink the wine,and tell them the Word of GOD says they should drink 'grape juice'."

This made me laugh because it falls dangerously close to "I want to be part of the world". Trust me, if you are in Christ they already hate you regardless of what I say about alcohol.

"Gamer,if you and i cannot trust Yeshua with others as they drink wine or other types of alcoholic drinks;"

This is really a strawman, you are trying to call my faith in salvation into question here.

This is beside the point, none of us have an assurance of salvation in the sense of a document. What we do have is faith is his word that we are saved.

It says that there is no way to please the Lord without faith, it is faith in what Jesus did that assures me that I am saved along with his word written in the Bible.

He has been shown to be faithful and truthful at all times that if I trust in Jesus and repent I will be saved.

But like Paul said, we should not continue on sinning our hearts out because we are saved from it through Jesus but turn from those things as a showing that we are repentive.

I mean, if you repent for sin and continue going back to it are you truly repenting?

gamerman293

View Profile
Posted : 17 Jul, 2014 04:43 PM

And....

Boom goes the dynamite!

"for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born." - Luke 1:15

In this scripture that Lord is talking to Zechariah about the birth of John.

Now this doesn't seem like much, it looks to me like the Lord seems to frown upon strong drink, IE fermented wine.

Though I seen what you did with the "There is no such thing as un-fermented wine".

You have to understand the same word meaning then are not the same as they are now.

You cannot take current definitions and apply them to the context of something 2000+ years old or you get issues such as what Atheists like to bring up as a contradiction in the Bible.

In Deuteronomy 14:18 they like to bring up the dietary laws and point out that God calls Bats "Fowl" or in other words "Birds". They cry out "Bats aren't birds!", but that is because we recently changed the definition of what a "Bird" is.

This can also be seen with the reference to insects having 2 arms and 4 legs. They say they have 6 legs and no arms but this again goes back to definitions then and now.

I notice that most of the defense comes from OT. ( though I hate using that term as it is just (the testament) I will use it for the sake of argument)

In the old testament, God said "Thou shalt not commit adultery!". For a long time from Moses to just before Jesus they thought it was only adultery when you slept with someone.

Jesus said that "If a man looks at a women with lust in his heart that he has already committed adultery in his heart".

He also pointed out that "Hatred in your heart is the same as murder".

Here is a great article that is well thought out though warning it is very long on this subject.

http://www.biblicalperspectives.com/books/wine_in_the_bible/2.html

Shalom :)

gamerman293

View Profile
Posted : 16 Jul, 2014 06:51 PM

While I agree to some extent this sound more like trying to justify sin.

In the Bible is talks about resisting strong drink.

Though it says you are allowed to drink "wine" you should not drink it when it "ferments".

Grape juice is un-fermented wine while wine is fermented grape juice.

It talks about "pharmacia" in the Bible as being a sin.

Pharmacia was also known as alchemy or witchcraft. This was the use of mind-altering drugs such as cocaine, pot, etc, etc.

Though you could make an argument that "he gave us the plants of the field to use", nightshade is also a plant. You should use that too.

Alcohol is a mind-altering substance like drugs which take you away from the Lord which should always be the center of your thoughts.

Just some food for thought :)

gamerman293

View Profile
Posted : 15 Jul, 2014 05:09 PM

"What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?" - Romans 6:1

"God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?" - Romans 6:2

We are saved from the punishment of sin, in other words the wrath that was to be poured out on us on judgement day will be removed because Jesus payed our fine.

But to continue on sinning as if nothing happened is like saying "Thanks for the free pass Jesus" then spitting in his face.

gamerman293

View Profile
Why????
Posted : 11 Jul, 2014 06:57 PM

If the above as true.

For me, at least on the online seen I don't mind making the first move.

I can start a conversation and keep it going.....I start to get bored when I feel like it is only a one way street and start losing interest. To me it feels like I am talking to a computer with automated responses.

I understand that sometimes online a women replying to you means she is interested in you but at the same time if you can't start and carry on a conversation why should I keep trying?

gamerman293

View Profile
Apostacy in the Church- last time events
Posted : 9 Jul, 2014 06:51 PM

This strikes me as "devils advocate" but I will bite.

What was the fall of man?

What did Jesus come to do?

The answer to both these questions at their root is sin.

The fall of man was because of Sin, through which death entered in.

Jesus came to pay the fine for OUR sins.

So to answer you must repent of your sin.

Repentance by definition means to regret, to turn away.

Jesus said that sin was so serious this it if our eye offend us we should pluck it out and cast it from us for it was better to enter into the kingdom maimed than for your whole body to be cast into hellfire.

Cast, that is an interesting word don't you think? Cast means to throw. You should throw it from you so you can pick it back up again. He doesn't mean seriously pluck your eye out but is illustrating the severity of sins nature.

Why it is important to speak it out and confess it is also reflected by what Jesus said.

Jesus said that what goes into the mouth does not defile a man. (He is talking about food and more to the point the dietary laws.) But that what comes out of a mans mouth, that defiles a man for what comes from the mouth comes from the heart. (He is talking about speech)

Words are very powerful and important, I mean what was the first thing the Lord did?

He spoke :)

gamerman293

View Profile
Not as Strong as Once was
Posted : 8 Jul, 2014 06:02 PM

Hello Dela,

The post is kind of old so I am not sure if you will see this but I will put it here for anyone else that maybe going through something similar.

First I would like to start off and say that while some of this maybe consider "coarse" understand that this is done with love.

I read your statement and I noticed some very interesting things.

The first one is "I was raise in a Christian home".

Being raise in a Christian home does not make you a Christian, nor does going to church. There are many right now that I would wager are on the wrong path right now as we speak that think this way.

It is only when you find genuine repentance and accept Christ that you are considered a "Christian".

The second thing I noticed or at least this is how I read it is that God is being blamed a lot. It seems to be that you are angry with him that you have a deformity and feel that you have been wronged by God for this.

How do I come to this conclusion? It is the way you told the story. "I was this devoted and then this happened and now not so much if at all", this is how I see it.

This is something that I see a lot of Atheists use against the argument for God. "If God is just, why do bad things happen to good people?".

The problem is that there are none that a good, no not one. Not you, not me, nor any of the people posting on this forum or in the Church.

When we finally realize that God owes us nothing accept for his wrath and he decided to die for you and I so that we would be spared of this it should humble us all.

Every moment you take a breath, every day that you wake up is a gift. It is the Lord's grace that allows this, but he doesn't do it just for you and I but for Atheists, Muslims, etc, etc.

He does this because he does not wish to see any of us perish but to come into a saving faith in Christ and repent of our sins.

I understand that this may come over as harsh but it is truth, I am also not trying to come off as higher than thou either as I am a lying, adulterer, blasphemer, thieving sinner that deserves Gods wrath but was spared through the blood of Jesus who was without sin.

With all that said, I would read Matthew 6:19-34.

It is scripture that I try to live by daily.

Some food for thought:

How many of us "Christians" thank the Lord every time we wake up in the mourning?

How many of us "Christians" thank the Lord for the air we breath every day?

How many of us "Christians" take for granted the very grace that is not only given to us but to everyone around us? Truly, none of us give him the praise he deserves!

gamerman293

View Profile
Apostacy in the Church- last time events
Posted : 8 Jul, 2014 05:35 PM

Kind of a loaded question.

The real question I would ask is "Are they a true Christian?".

Jesus said in Luke:

"And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." - Luke 9:62

If they fell away which does happen I question if they had genuine repentance. It seems more and more in today's church that you say this quick little sentence, all your sins are forgiven and that is the end of the story. GG

I do not believe this, and the reason why is that it didn't come from the heart. Jesus disliked the long-winded prayers the pharisees did because they honored him with their mouth and not their heart.

Repentance comes from the heart, when we realize we are horrible and wretched sinners that DESERVE damnation but through grace we are saved.

It is only then do I believe you find true repentance.

gamerman293

View Profile
Theistic Evolution Survey
Posted : 3 Jul, 2014 05:28 PM

Carbon Dating isn't against Creation.

Neither is Radiometric Dating.

The problem with them is interpretations and assumed constants.

Take Radiometric Dating for instance.

Radiometric Dating is broad term so for this I will just use Uranium to Lead.

So I take an object and measure the ratio of Uranium to Lead. Once I have it then what?

Well, that is where the problems start. The problem is that you have to assume 1 very crucial thing.

The assumption is that the decay rate has remained constant. This means that no contaminants are been introduced. This is a huge problem because Uranium as well as Potassium is water soluble. You can distill about 80% of the Argon out of an object in about 4 hours using water.

If you walk into a room and see a candle burning you can observe and make judgement calls.

You can measure how fast it is burning and that it is consuming the candle as it burns.

The things you have to assume as that it has always been burning at a constant rate. You also cannot tell when it was lite or how tall the candle was at the start.

There is this huge dogmatic statement that Science and God do not mix, this is a false statement. The problem is that secular science has hijacked the title and basically put a "no creation allowed" sign up.

If you are seriously interested in defending your faith using science as I love to do you can check out some great websites such as:

ICR

CMI

AiG

These people have PHD Scientists that can back up their research. Science testifies to the glory of God, don't let anyone tell you different.

Page : 1 2