Author Thread
gamerman293

View Profile
Theistic Evolution Survey
Posted : 1 Jul, 2014 06:24 PM

O boy! I love these questions!

To answer it short and sweet, no. Evolution and Creation are not hand in hand nor could they ever be.

Everyone that has issues with the 6 literal days seems to be because of the wording. This is called the "gap" theory.

They believe large amounts of time passed, but this is impossible as we know that the plants are created before the sun.

Day 3 plants are created.

Day 4 the Sun was created.

I seriously doubt plants would survive millions of years while the sun was "forming".

It also says that evening and morning are on the first day.

That doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of the argument.

Take at the evolutionary theory.

Basically, animals need to mutate over and over to turn into other animals or that is how the theory goes. Evolution = Mutation over millions of years. The problem with this and creation is the simplest.

Everything that didn't get the mutation HAS to die. Why? Because the mutation will get swallowed up by the other non-mutated creatures.

Why is this an issue?

Well, we know from scripture that Death was not around in the Garden. Death entered in through Sin, that is what the scripture says.

This is a pure theistic view.

I can get into all the evidence science points to for a young Earth if anyone wants to hear it :)

The Bible is axiomatic, there are no contradictions.

You can believe it from Genesis 1:1.

gamerman293

View Profile
Do animals go to Heaven?
Posted : 1 Jul, 2014 05:51 PM

That scripture doesn't mean animals go to heaven.

If you read the next verse it talks about taking care of the land.

At a cursory glance I would say at best this means "If you take care of your animals they will bless you" which is what the verse after Proverbs 12:10 is talking about.

gamerman293

View Profile
Where is Yeshua / Jesus in the Old Covenant
Posted : 27 Jun, 2014 04:10 PM

There really isn't a old or new testament. Just thee testament.

For from early Genesis do you see early shadowpictures of the stuff that would happen on the cross.

The old testament (for sake of argument) leads to to the cross and the new testament points back at the cross.

Cool little thing a lot of people don't know.

When you look at the story of Moses after the exile from Egypt, when they camp out look at how it is worded.

Draw out how it is worded and you may be surprised as to what you will find :)

gamerman293

View Profile
Help, need someone to talk to..
Posted : 27 Jun, 2014 04:04 PM

Feeling bad is not always a bad thing.

It means that you have a genuine repentive heart.

People think that because you are saved your will just instantly stop sinning. This is impossible.

How is that statement true? Look at the 10 commandments.

To hate someone is murder.

To lust after someone is adultery.

There is only one person that has ever walked this planet and lived up to these ideals, that person was the Son of the Living God.

When you repent of your sins with a genuine heart, you are justified in the eyes of the Lord. He said that he will remember your sin no more. This does not mean we have a license to sin, because as Christians we "fall" into sin where as non-believers "Dive" into it.

You are "Justified" but are still being "Sanctified".

I know your feels though, trust me when I say we all fall into the same temptations. You can tell you still have a repentive heart as you feel guilt when you fall into sin. This is key as some people get a callused heart to sin and it effects them no more.

Know, that the Lord never walks away from you but that you have to walk away from him. That feeling like he is gone means that he is much closer than you realize and that he wants you to reach out to him. Kind of like a father walking his son, as he holds his hand and they walk together he will let go so the child reaches back to grab his hand.

You are NEVER alone, scripture tells us this. The Lord is our strength and our hope.

gamerman293

View Profile
New functions
Posted : 25 Jun, 2014 07:14 PM

I would like to see more sorting in the search options.

I would like to be able to search by who was on recently, being able to toggle people near me on the "Online Now" section as well as the "Online Today" section.

I find it irritating when I can't see when the last time someone was online, make it almost not worth sending a message.

gamerman293

View Profile
Where is Yeshua / Jesus in the Old Covenant
Posted : 25 Jun, 2014 07:11 PM

Seen a great video explaining the relationship between The father, son and holy spirit. Thought I cannot post links I can try to explain it.

Some try to refer to the trinity using the states of matter method but this is a false examination as water cannot be present when it is ice or water vapor.

Though we do see all 3 present during the baptism with John.

When Jesus was in the water, a voice echo'd out and said "This is my beloved son and whom I am well pleased". It was then that the Holy Spirit descended down like a dove.

This means that all 3 are present at the same time.

All 3 are God, but Jesus is not the Father or the Holy Spirit.

The Father is not the Holy Spirit or Jesus.

The Holy Spirit is not the Father or Jesus.

Hurts your brain when you try to understand it but then we would be like God if we could fully understand it right?

gamerman293

View Profile
ALL things work together for good...WHY?
Posted : 25 Jun, 2014 07:04 PM

The problem is that there seems to be a lot of "prosperity preachers" out today.

The problem is that their message is false.

No where does it say your life will be filled with sunshine and rainbows, but to the contrary you will be hated and killed in most cases.

Take a look at the disciples of Christ, every one of them was murdered in a horrible way.

If anything, the scripture teaches us that we should lean on him for he supports us.

Trials and tribulations will always rise up against us, even if we are not in Christ for it rains on the righteous and the unrighteous. The difference is that no matter what happens in our life good or bad we have a saving faith that we are in the hands of the Lord and that no one is big enough to take you from him.

We look at God as the author of Life, but he is also the author of death. Today, he will send 125,000 people to their death as 125,000 people die every day. If he killed me right now I could bare no grudge as it his right as my creator to do so.

This also why it is so important to share the gospel with people.

That we are all wretched sinners and none do good, no not one. That it is not within our ability to save ourselves but a free gift from God.

gamerman293

View Profile
Submission........
Posted : 20 Jun, 2014 03:55 PM

Now lets not forget the entirety least we end up like the secular crowed.

It says to submit to your husband.

Man is head of household as Adam was created first.

What the secular crowed seems to forget is the next bit, about how I am to DIE for YOU.

To throw my life down to protect you.

So who really got the bad deal in that statement? :)

Either or, I would do it anyway :D

gamerman293

View Profile
Do animals go to Heaven?
Posted : 19 Jun, 2014 05:58 PM

There is no real evidence in the Bible to back this up that I am currently aware of.

Interesting fact.

When a human dies, they lose weight. I believe around 21 grams which is not a liquid leaving the body either. They have no idea why we lose this weight or what is even being lost.

This for some reason does not happen with any other animals they have done this test on.

gamerman293

View Profile
Did Scientists Create Life?
Posted : 19 Jun, 2014 05:50 PM

The closest they have ever gotten is a few proteins, and you need hundreds to form even one cell. They also created tar and other dangerous chemicals to life that the proteins would bound to first.

What would I say if a bunch of super smart people got together and created life?

I've been saying that for YEARS! Intelligent design....HELLO PEOPLE!!

Page : 1 2