Author Thread
Angie89

View Profile
Friends and such...
Posted : 9 Mar, 2009 10:26 AM

Hello, I'm Angela!

I have seen that people will post what they are looking for on this site such as "Long term relationship", "Anything" and "Marriage Partner"-

I just don't think these headings are clear, in that what one person sees the heading to mean, another might not share the same concept.

The site is called "christian DATING" yet there is a heading labeled "Looking for Friends". Now, I am a christian gal, I am attracted to the opposite gender, but I would like to meet some gals with similar beliefs to "fellowship" with and learn more about God in a casual environment. Sometimes it helps to have a friend whom you can bet doesn't have ulterior motives, someone with whom you can speak openly. When I say that, I don't mean all guys on here have ulterior motives, and I have had a lot of great conversations with these awesome Godly men, but I want some friends too!

So, when I chose the heading "anything", I meant a chatting/email buddy, whether a guy or gal, but I am certainly open to meeting a man that I could spend the rest of my life with! I am here for both reasons, of course more so to meet men, but also to meet a few friends in Christ.

So, if you would be interested in chatting, I would love to talk with you, whoever you are, wherever you be! I am not a judgmental person by nature, and I don't bite people- at least I haven't yet! :goofball:

Anyways, take care!

Angie

Angie89

View Profile
Is anyone else concerned this...
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 06:11 PM

I wanna address the elephant in the room: online dating and scamming- how do I know I am safe disclosing things about myself to people via the internet? I mean, not just me, but anyone on the internet?

This site is meant to meet people, make friends, and maybe meet someone you might want to have a long-term relationship with- but it may not be safe to meet someone in person, even if the meeting is set in a public place...this is a christian site, and that is certainly a significant reason why I am here. But that doesn't exempt the fact that there are people out there who would be dishonest about themselves- maybe going as far as putting another person's picture for their profile pic. I hope that I don't sound paranoid, I just would rather err on the safe side.

So the question is, what is the best way to go about ensuring one's safety on an internet dating site?

So far I have met some pretty great people, and I have a had a lot of fun messaging back and forth with these guys! So what if when I get to know them better, and one of them is a good match- and we'd like to meet?

What do you think? Are you concerned as I am?

~Angie