Author Thread
deblives4him

View Profile
My Story
Posted : 23 Oct, 2014 07:26 AM

One of my favorite Bible teachers, J Vernon McGee, gives a great talk about young love that is very encouraging. He reminds young people that though 99 pass you by, God has that one person set aside for you who will get to know you & think you're awesome.

I suggest you pray for your future wife often & ask God to give you peace as you trust Him to bring the two of you together in His time & in His way.

In the meantime, occupy! Even if only to chat online with women in an attempt to understand them better.

May God richly bless you, my brother in Christ,

Deborah

deblives4him

View Profile
What is the right response to wink?
Posted : 6 Oct, 2014 06:26 AM

LOL! Love your answer Flyby! Funny, I was a card carrying NOW member is the 70's, but as I mature & God has renewed my mind, I see that we should celebrate the external differences between men & women. I love it that men have that hunter-gatherer thing going on! I had been damaged in childhood, & didn't get the nesting thing until I was nearly 30. Now I see that feminism has done more to hurt women than to help them!

deblives4him

View Profile
�A woman shall seed�
Posted : 6 Oct, 2014 12:59 AM

It's because women give birth to sinful man that they are unclean. And if they give birth to a daughter, she will grow up & give birth to more sinful men, therefore the mother is separated a month longer.

The Bible is full of interesting stuff, isn't it? If we could truly live by the grace shown in the NT, with an understanding of what the OT pictures for us, our world would be transformed! As it will be in the Millennium, praise God!

deblives4him

View Profile
What is the right response to wink?
Posted : 5 Oct, 2014 05:28 PM

Interesting topic. Equally interesting replies. I noticed right away the dislike many have about winks. However, as an older gal, I'm still accustomed to men making the first move & it seems perfectly alright with me if they show interest with a wink. I like all the guys' answers. I think we need to stop judging winks & the people who send them. Let's approach all things with a positive perspective. We can open a door to conversation by replying to a wink. In no way does a wink have to be looked at as being shy (what's wrong with that?) or lazy. Consider it polite. Like the man said, a friendly smile. Would you like a healthy grab at first meeting? I wouldn't. Just another perspective & certainly not the only one! Personally, I prefer a guy to make the first move, but it seems that online friendships are primarily initiated by women.

Is that a true statement, guys?

deblives4him

View Profile
Dating Breakthrough
Posted : 4 Oct, 2014 08:32 PM

Thanks for the feedback, people! I guess I have to remember that we are in the world no matter where we are, even in church, but that we are not of the world!

Blessings in Jesus!

deblives4him

View Profile
1-Hr Dating Breakthrough?
Posted : 2 Oct, 2014 10:41 PM

Does anyone else find it offensive that CDFF is promoting & hosting an Oprah endorsed dating guru? Oprah & her co-horts are not Christian! Do not introduce bad seeds into your being! Make your disapproval known to the staff at CDFF!

We cannot dance with the Lord & Satan at the same time, folks! Take a stand for Jesus!

deblives4him

View Profile
Dating Breakthrough
Posted : 2 Oct, 2014 10:32 PM

Did anyone else receiving the Administrator email about a Dating Breakthrough find it TOTALLY inappropriate for a Christian site to utilize anything connected to Oprah?

What can we do to voice our displeasure?

deblives4him

View Profile
The best news ever..
Posted : 20 Sep, 2014 11:32 AM

That is good news, indeed, sister!

And we love Him, because He 1st loved us. When we love someone, we want to please them. Let's pray people not only fall madly in love with Jesus, but that it makes them want to please Him!

That alone is a lifetime of discovery!

Blessings in Christ

deblives4him

View Profile
From Sacramento,CA
Posted : 20 Sep, 2014 11:28 AM

Cute pic Wills!

One gets the impression from your profile that you've had some experience with scammers, LOL!

Ah, one of the benefits of being a senior citizen... Less trouble with jerks pretending to be Godly men!

Blocking any correspondence from guys from another country will eliminate most of the scammers. It does prevent possible true friendships outside of America, but if you get loads of abuse, it's well worth it.

Blessings in Jesus

deblives4him

View Profile
What does it mean when someone says they are God fearing?
Posted : 20 Sep, 2014 11:20 AM

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction. Pro 1:7

The word "fear" occurs 400 times in the KJV. "Love" occurs 310 times.

Fear in the Biblical sense isn't quite the same as in the worldly sense. Biblically it includes awe & reverence.

The following is taken from Commentaries on blueletterbible.org., by David Hocking:

What is the fear of God? I am going to use the Bible alone to tell you. Number one, I read in Proverbs 1:7 that it is the key to knowledge and wisdom. Turn to Proverbs 15:33 and you will also find the same thing in Psalm 111:10, that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom and knowledge. If you want to be smart, really smart, really understand life and what it is all about- the meaning and purpose of it and how everything functions and works-if you want wisdom and knowledge, the Bible says, "you need the fear of the Lord." You might ask me, "What is the fear of God?" It is the key to wisdom and knowledge. Whatever it is, we desperately need it.

So you see, you have not asked a simple question, but one worthy of deep study & contemplation.

But to try to bring it down to a mere human level... Did you love your parents? Did you trust them? Did you fear their anger?

Something to think about.

Blessings in Christ,

Deb

Page : 1 2 3