Author Thread
Linnie41

View Profile
The age of the earth - who cares???
Posted : 30 May, 2009 01:39 PM

EXCELLENT post, Ian! I never caught the correlation with the dove's return - awesome!

I'm guessing you've read into the truth about carbon dating. That should be enough to make anyone rethink the idea of the earth being billions of years old.

God provides so much proof that He is who He says He is and is allowing things to surface now that prove the "stories" in the Bible. I read something a few years back that told of massive pockets of water that had been found under the earth (I'll have to look for the article again - I think it was in BAR magazine). They found these pockets using some type of sonar - the article stated that the amount of water found, along with the amount of water still on the face of the earth, was enough to - yep, you guessed it - cover the face of the earth.

Some of the other things that you mentioned I would love to read about if you feel the urge to make a post - very interesting!!

Blessings,

Lynn

Linnie41

View Profile
Why is it...
Posted : 30 May, 2009 11:45 AM

Ha Ha Ha Ian - too funny!

Linnie41

View Profile
Why is it...
Posted : 30 May, 2009 02:07 AM

THANK YOU.

I have read many inquiries as to why people don't have enough "Christian morals" (my paraphrasing) to send a reply when someone writes them. You hit the nail on the head. Some just flat out don't deserve a reply. I have said it before and I'll say it again: My profile lists things that you can question me about - don't send me "So - how are you?" and expect me to answer. Show me that you have actually read my profile. To me, a generic question says you are pumping out as many emails to as many pictures that you find appealing as you can in a short amount of time. Take a few moments to actually read what is written, formulate something to say, then say it. You'll get many more responses that way.

Nice to see it from this point of view.

Linnie41

View Profile
Justus trying to get here early.
Posted : 29 May, 2009 08:08 PM

Oh, Maria - I can't imagine what that was like - I have twins and praise God they were born perfectly healthy.

Do they have her on bed rest? How far along is she?

Of course she and Justus will be in my prayers!!

Please keep us updated!

Linnie41

View Profile
We Are Not Alone
Posted : 25 May, 2009 11:12 PM

Walter and I have had our disagreements, but he has a great knowledge and understanding of the Bible that I have an appreciation for. Don't underestimate his opinions or beliefs.

Linnie41

View Profile
Unborn Babies Don't Have Souls
Posted : 25 May, 2009 08:04 PM

I said I wouldn't post here again. I was wrong.

You are so convinced that giving the breath of life is something that God does to each of us upon birth. This is where you aren't understanding.

When God created the FIRST man, He gave him the breath of life. This breath of life was carried on to ALL other people. Did you notice that when God caused Adam to fall into a deep sleep and took one of his ribs to make woman, God did NOT breath the breath of life into the woman? The breath of life was carried on from Adam, because she came FROM Adam. Adam came from dust, with no human connections. He was the FIRST man, therefore when God breathed the "breath of life" into him, He was in fact breathing the breath of life into all mankind from that point onward. We are ALL descendants of Adam, and because we are all descendants of the first man, we also all have the breath of life. The way you're interpreting it would only make sense if God took a handful of dust and created each of us individually from scratch. And before God "breathed the breath of life" into him, Adam was not a complete creation. God sparked life into him - Adam was in the form of a human, but had NO life processes going on. No blood flow, no brain waves, no heartbeat, nothing. He was a lump in the form of a human and God completed his creation of man when he placed life into him. This continued with each human after Adam. And it begins AT CONCEPTION.

Linnie41

View Profile
We Are Not Alone
Posted : 25 May, 2009 12:39 AM

It's not that we don't agree. It's that your post on abortion was flat out dangerous. There is a chance that a young person new in the faith might actually believe you.

As for this one? "God never allows humanity to become technologically advanced enough to discover the truth. He always destroys his creation so they'll never find out. I however have figured it out." You got one over on God, huh? God fooled everyone but you, and you figured it out because you were smarter than God? Is that how it works? Believe me, if God doesn't want you to know something - you will be clueless your entire life.

I will continue to comment on your posts. I will continue to counter whatever it is that you come up with to help protect and guide my brothers and sisters in Christ.

"Fight the good fight for the faith. Keep holding on to eternal life, to which you were called and about which you gave a good testimony in front of many witnesses." 1Timothy 6:12

Linnie41

View Profile
We Are Not Alone
Posted : 25 May, 2009 12:14 AM

I like cake. Does anyone else like cake?

Again, I'm praying that God will reveal Himself to you.

Linnie41

View Profile
Unborn Babies Don't Have Souls
Posted : 25 May, 2009 12:07 AM

I just read your other post about having a conversation with talking dolphins on another planet.

I now understand where you're coming from and have nothing further to say to you on this subject.

I'll continue to pray that God will reveal Himself to you and you will fully understand His nature.

Lynn.

Linnie41

View Profile
Long Term Relationship?
Posted : 24 May, 2009 11:13 PM

I never really thought about it. I have "LTR" listed, and I guess I did it because I have kids at home. I didn't list "marriage partner" because I didn't want to appear like I was looking for a dad for the kids and would jump at the first person that showed any interest. Lol

I think people also list LTR instead of marriage partner because they want to date for quite awhile before marriage. Marriage partner to me means that the person is wanting to move things along so to speak.

That's the way I see it - totally my opinion. But I do understand what you mean. All dating is for the purpose of finding the person you will spend your life with.

Page : 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32