Author Thread
Linnie41

View Profile
My most embarassing moment
Posted : 28 Mar, 2009 12:27 PM

That is funny! I managed a restaurant years ago, and one of the servers could remember an 8-top table (he would take their order, not write anything down, but remember the steak temp, the choice of potato, drinks, etc - it was amazing). One night he had a table of businessmen in, did a great job waiting on them and after they left he looked at their credit card receipt to see what they had left him for a tip. He sat down on the floor and put his head down - I was sure they had stiffed him and I felt horrible for him. He handed me the receipt and under "tip" was written $450.00!! He was shocked, not disappointed! I was soooo happy for him!! (Btw - their total bill without the tip came to around $600 - they were drinkers and this was a hotel restaurant - not cheap at all. Lol)

Linnie41

View Profile
Posted : 27 Mar, 2009 05:06 PM

I think everyone should have to wait tables at one point or another in their lives - it would make for much better customers because the compassion would be there! Lol

Linnie41

View Profile
Posted : 27 Mar, 2009 12:51 PM

I love to laugh and have no problems at myself or sharing things that I've done that have been rather embarassing. This one tops all.

I was 17 and my best friend set me up with a friend of her boyfriends. We were all at her house and her parents were sleeping downstairs, so we were trying to be very quiet as not to wake them.

After awhile, this guy and I decided we wanted to talk alone for a bit, so we went into the bathroom which was directly above the parents bedroom, so now we were being VERY quiet and only speaking in hushed whispers.

After a few minutes of talking, he suddenly said, "I love you." I had no idea what to do - I had known this guy for, what - an hour? I sat there for a moment, and in my childish ignorance, finally decided to just say it back whether I meant it or not. So, I whispered, "I love you, too."

A few moments of silence followed, then he stammered, "Um, no..I said how OLD are you."

Clarification is the key to understanding.

Linnie41

View Profile
adivice on how to let my kids know why there fqather is not in there life
Posted : 27 Mar, 2009 12:34 PM

I've been tapping my feet for three days, waiting for my time in the "box" to be up so I could comment on this. Lol

Please, please, please, seek the advice of a counselor on this one. Kids are SO impressionable and you don't want to take the risk of damaging your child's self esteem by saying the wrong thing or phrasing it in the wrong manner. This is a BIG one - I've read that a persons view of God is often directely in correlation of the view they have of their earthly father. I don't know what your financial situation is, but even calling social services in your area or talking to your pastor for a recommendation on a counselor would be a good start. Really, sister - don't do this one alone.

God bless you and I'll keep this in my prayers!

Lynn

Page : 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36