Author Thread
WaitingForJesus

View Profile
Sabbath 12/27/14 Daytona Beach SDB Church Minister Terri sermon He’s The Know It All
Posted : 28 Dec, 2020 09:22 AM

Sabbath 12/27/14 Daytona Beach SDB Church Minister Terri sermon He’s The Know It All Psalms 37:18

=============================================================

Psalm 37:18 = The Lord knoweth the days of the upright and their inheritance shall be forever.

The title of my sermon is missing a word. It should say” He’s the Real Know It all”! I remember my mother and sister always saying “don’t be such a know it all”. When we were kids, 8, 9 or 10 yrs. old, we thought we knew it all and our parents didn’t know anything. They couldn’t tell us anything because we thought we knew it all. Back then they still could tell us something but today children will call 911 on their parents. Back then the 911 call was the belt that was hanging on the bedroom door. The belt was the 911 call!

I talk about our parents because God is a parent. God is a parent to all of us. He knows us like the back of His hand, just like our parents did. Our parents knew every last one of us. They knew what we were capable of doing, they knew what we were thinking about doing. They knew it before we did it! Sounds familiar to me! God is the same way. He knew you the moment you were conceived. It was Him that allowed you to be here and allowed you to have the parents that you had. He knew how it was going to turn out. God knew exactly how. He said alright, I’m going to send this one to this set of parents because I know how they are going to do this with them. I’m going to send this other one to this set of parents, even though it may be a hardship because I know they are going to teach my child something. Every lesson we have learned coming up as children was to bring us to the point that He has us at right now. A point to where we know Him. A point to where we appreciate Him and what He had done in our lives.

Take a look back at the things that we have done. For instance, I can’t speak for anybody else but can only speak for me. People ask me how old I am and I don’t have a problem telling them this. They say “Oh….a woman is not supposed to tell her age. That’s supposed to be a secret”. No not to me. I’m 63 years old and there are three times I should have left here in my life. One by my own, one by a car accident-the car I was in was run over by a tractor trailer and one where I was almost beaten to death by a “boyfriend”. God has plan for every last one of us and that’s the reason why we are still here. I wasn’t preaching at that time. I wasn’t even thinking about being a preacher. Who knew I would be standing here before you today. Take a look back. My sister can tell you I was a horrible little girl that was spoiled rotten! Who knew? God knew. God knew where I would be today.

God is the Real know it all. He is that know-it-all person at work. The one that knows exactly what file to go to for finding the right piece of paper. The one who knows the right doughnuts to bring. The one who knows the right words to say when you are having a bad day. God brings that person to you. Every one of us can name some one that God has brought to us when times were tough, when times were hard and when we didn’t have what we needed. God always puts somebody there for us. God knew what we needed and He provided it. I thank God for that.

God is the Real know it all! Moses brought the children of Israel out of Egypt and they acted up. They were doing everything that they were big enough to do and even talked Aaron into making the golden calf. They gathered up everybody’s gold jewelry and told Aaron to make the calf so they could worship it. Did they forget who brought them out? Did they forget who provided for them? I think they did. If they had done the same things to Pharaoh that they did to God, Pharaoh would have unleashed ungodly atrocities on them. But what did God do? God forgave them. God said “they don’t know any better yet so I will cover them.” Even though it was many years that they were out in the wilderness wandering around before they got a clue, some of us are still running around looking for a clue. And God knows this! And God covers us! None of us is perfect. I’m not going to stand here and tell you that I’m perfect because I’m not. Far from it! I’ve fallen so many times that it is probably why I have a new me. But I know that God loves me and I know that He forgives me.

Sometimes because we know that God loves us and forgives us, we do things we have no business doing. This happens because we know God will forgive us if we ask Him with a sincere heart. This is what we have been taught, but God knows already. God is the Real know it all man! God brings us through things that we thought we would never make it thru. He allows us to not go thru so others can see Him bring us through. I think about our Food Pantry Ministry and the people’s lives that it touches on Wednesdays. Every Wednesday when I pray to God, I say, “there before God go I”. This is because at one time I was the one standing on the outside and someone helped me. God put someone in the position to help me. I thank God for putting people in my path to bring me out of living in the streets. Some people get into bad situations like living in the streets and stay in the bad situation because that’s all they think they are good for. God knows this is not the truth. God know that sometimes you have to put pride aside and ask. God is right there to answer you. God is the Real Know It All!

AMEN

WaitingForJesus

View Profile
Titus 3;1-11
Posted : 27 Dec, 2020 12:01 PM

Titus 3;1-11

==========

Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work. To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men. For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.

But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared; Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which He shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by His grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of Eternal Life.

This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men. But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain. A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

Amen

WaitingForJesus

View Profile
Psalm 35;1-3, Psalm 130;6-8, Romans 3;22-26, Ephesians 1;7, Hebrews 9;11-12
Posted : 24 Dec, 2020 08:33 AM

Psalm 35;1-3, Psalm 130;6-8, Romans 3;22-26, Ephesians 1;7, Hebrews 9;11-12

========================================================

Psalm 35:1-3

===========

Plead my cause, O LORD, with them that strive with me: fight against them that fight against me. Take hold of shield and buckler, and stand up for mine help. Draw out also the spear, and stop the way against them that persecute me: say unto my soul, I am thy Salvation.

Psalm 130:6-8

============

My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning. Let Israel hope in the LORD: for with the LORD there is mercy, and with Him is plenteous redemption. And He shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.

Romans 3:22-26

==============

For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; Him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever He shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people. Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days. Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed. Unto you first God, having raised up His Son Jesus, sent Him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Ephesian 1:7

===========

In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His Grace.

Hebrews 9:11-12

==============

But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building; Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by His own blood He entered in once into the Holy place, having obtained Eternal Redemption for us.

AMEN

WaitingForJesus

View Profile
Romans 1;24-27, Romans 1;29-32, Romans 2;1-6
Posted : 20 Dec, 2020 08:53 AM

Romans 1;24-27, Romans 1;29-32, Romans 2;1-6

===========================

Romans 1:24-27

==============

Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Romans 1:29-32

==============

Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Romans 2:1-6

============

Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things. But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things. And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God? Or despisest thou the riches of His goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance? But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God; who will render to every man according to his deeds.

Amen

WaitingForJesus

View Profile
Ecclesiastes 12;13-14, Romans 1;21-23
Posted : 20 Dec, 2020 08:51 AM

Ecclesiastes 12;13-14, Romans 1;21-23

==========================

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14

==================

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Romans 1:21-23

==============

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified Him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools; And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

**Christmas: Santa Clause>>>Corruptible Man

**Thanksgiving: Turkey>>>Birds

**Easter: Bunny Rabbit>>>Fourfooted Beasts

**Halloween: Bats/Witches>>>Creeping Things

Amen

WaitingForJesus

View Profile
12/19/2020 Seventh Day Baptist Edgewater, FL Pastor Keith “Joy to the World, the Lord Has Come!”
Posted : 19 Dec, 2020 09:47 AM

12/19/2020 Seventh Day Baptist Edgewater, FL Pastor Keith “Joy to the World, the Lord Has Come!” Luke 2:1-20

========================================================

In this scripture we are told of the birth of Jesus Christ. At Christmas time, people are wanting to be friendlier. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if we the people were friendly to each other every day? Let the right prevail through people on earth every day. If everyone who talks about good will to men actually did it, think how good our world would be. Christmas has the excitement of sky diving but then you must land with a plop on the ground, facing reality once again. Is this what happens at Christmas time? People singing carols and praise songs and then when it’s over, its plop to reality.

With Mary and Joseph things changed with the birth of Jesus and things didn’t go back to the way it was before. They were responsible for raising God’s child. Mary and Joseph raised the child with the help of the Holy Spirit and God. Christmas should be more to us than eating too much food and opening presents. We should learn in the home what it is to have peace and love. Our children must learn peace and love from their home otherwise they will approach the world with hate and anger.

The world says one thing but we should do another. We must not put our religion in a box. We must talk about Jesus at work, at school, in the public and take Jesus Christ wherever we go. We must realize that being a Christian does not mean we get everything we want. We, as Christians, will have troubles in our lives but God will protect us. Period!

Mary and Joseph had to run to Egypt to get away from Herod, who wanted to kill baby Jesus. After Herod died, the angel told Joseph to go back to Israel and they lived in Nazareth. When the family finally got to Nazareth, they worked and paid bills. God never promised a rose garden. Then at one point, Joseph dropped out of the story and Mary was a single parent raising her children. Life was tough for Mary but having Jesus made her life easier. This is just like us having Jesus in our life makes things easier. Jesus brings peace to the hearts of the believers. Joy to the World, the Lord Has Come!

Amen

WaitingForJesus

View Profile
Isaiah 44;13-19, Jeremiah 10;1-5
Posted : 18 Dec, 2020 09:10 AM

Isaiah 44;13-19, Jeremiah 10;1-5

Isaiah 44:13-19

=============

The carpenter stretcheth out his rule; he marketh it out with a line; he fitteth it with planes, and he marketh it out with the compass, and maketh it after the figure of a man, according to the beauty of a man; that it may remain in the house. He heweth him down cedars, and taketh the cypress and the oak, which he strengtheneth for himself among the trees of the forest: he planteth an ash, and the rain doth nourish it. Then shall it be for a man to burn: for he will take thereof, and warm himself; yea, he kindleth it, and baketh bread; yea, he maketh a god, and worshippeth it; he maketh it a graven image, and falleth down thereto. He burneth part thereof in the fire; with part thereof he eateth flesh; he roasteth roast, and is satisfied: yea, he warmeth himself, and saith, Aha, I am warm, I have seen the fire.

And the residue thereof he maketh a god, even his graven image: he falleth down unto it, and worshippeth it, and prayeth unto it, and saith, Deliver me; for thou art my god. They have not known nor understood: for he hath shut their eyes, that they cannot see; and their hearts, that they cannot understand. And none considereth in his heart, neither is there knowledge nor understanding to say, I have burned part of it in the fire; yea, also I have baked bread upon the coals thereof; I have roasted flesh, and eaten it: and shall I make the residue thereof an abomination? Shall I fall down to the stock of a tree?

Jeremiah 10;1-5

==============

Hear ye the word which the LORD speaketh unto you, O house of Israel. Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them. For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not. They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.

Amen

WaitingForJesus

View Profile
Malachi 3;5-7, Matthew 13;37-43
Posted : 16 Dec, 2020 06:29 AM

Malachi 3;5-7, Matthew 13;37-43

==========================

Malachi 3:5-7

============

And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts. For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed. Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the LORD of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return?

Matthew 13:37-43

===============

He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels. As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Amen

WaitingForJesus

View Profile
Isaiah 28;14-18, I Corinthians 6;9-11, 14
Posted : 14 Dec, 2020 08:53 AM

Isaiah 28;14-18, I Corinthians 6;9-11, 14

Isaiah 28:14-18

=============

Wherefore hear the word of the LORD, ye scornful men, that rule this people which is in Jerusalem. Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with Death, and with Hell are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves: Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste. Judgment also will I lay to the line, and righteousness to the plummet: and the hail shall sweep away the refuge of lies, and the waters shall overflow the hiding place. And your covenant with Death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with Hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it.

I Corinthians 6:9-11, 14

===================

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortions, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by His own power.

Amen

WaitingForJesus

View Profile
12/12/2020 Seventh Day BAPTIST Edgewater, FL Pastor Keith “Show the Love of Jesus”
Posted : 12 Dec, 2020 09:43 AM

12/12/2020 Seventh Day BAPTIST Edgewater, FL Pastor Keith “Show the Love of Jesus” I Corinthians 13:1-3

=========================================================

Jessie James, the notorious bank robber and killer, went to church on a regular basis. He appeared to be a good person in church but behaved as a criminal in true life. We call this being a “Hypocrite”. Some people don’t go to church because they say church is full of hypocrites. In Jesus’s day, the Pharisees were called hypocrites by John the Baptist and by Jesus. Christian hypocrites know how to do and say the right things in front of church folk. In the church at Corinth, they had all the right Christian moves but had issues among themselves and argued a lot. They also overlooked sexual mishaps, didn’t offer food to certain people and they had a great sense of pride. They all said they were greater than the other person.

Paul told them to have Love, Charity among themselves. All the good things they did without love meant nothing. They were comparing their spiritual gifts to each other and saying this one was greater than the other. Paul says tongues, prophesying and the other gifts of the spirit means nothing to God without Love. Without love, charity, their speaking in tongues sounded like cymbals clashing loudly to God. Paul says even if you know all things about the Bible, if you feel that you are above others, then you are wrong.

Love binds the church together and having charity for others is needed. You could give all your money to the poor but if you don’t love others, don’t care about God’s people, it means nothing. We must love someone as Jesus loves us. Let us be Jesus’s hands and feet. Let Jesus’s love be instruments in our life. Let us love others in Jesus’s name. Let us ask God to show us what we can do and how to show the love of Jesus.

Amen

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10