Author Thread: CDFF members???
ian777

View Profile
History
CDFF members???
Posted : 31 May, 2009 06:47 PM

I didn't know where else to post this, and it seems the ladies here have all the answers anyway

It seems part of the problem I've run into in trying to contact ladies of interest is that....they're gawn! They haven't been on line, sometimes in YEARS.

So with the exception of those who show up in searches as having been on line within the past two days, how do we know if someone's been online recently? And how many active members do we have currently?

I made the suggestion of adding a "last time logged on" date to a user's profile or thumbnail profile in the "suggestions" section, but is it already there and I'm missing it?

The only reason I even figured some of this out was by looking at posts said users made - and some literally from two years ago. All too often, emails I send simply aren't even getting read.

Gee, no wonder I'm not getting much response... they're dead!

Ian

View Profile
History
CDFF members???
Posted : 31 May, 2009 06:52 PM

hehe...Ian, it's a free site! Stick to the forums and you will do better.

YSIC, Lydia

ian777

View Profile
History
CDFF members???
Posted : 31 May, 2009 07:29 PM

Yes, indeed it is a free site - and yet, still one of the better ones. I couldn't stand eharmony! Christian mingle I like, but it's got its issues too. The searches and matches at CM are better, but communication there is a problem. There's a lot of things here I really like, namely being able to communicate....even if there's noone to communicate with.

Thanks for the input,

Ian

Linnie41

View Profile
History
CDFF members???
Posted : 31 May, 2009 11:30 PM

I agree with Lydia - I love the forums here. They've given me insight, strengthened my faith, and many times made me really dive into the Bible and find everything God has to say on a topic. My witness has become stronger, my understanding greater, and although I attend an awesome church, it's wonderful to have another body of believers to communicate with. I know there are many here that I can count on if I'm in a rut or just wanting to shout God's goodness from the rooftops.

I'm still single, but I feel much more complete since joining this site. I was looking for "the one" but God had another purpose in mind.

Blessings!

Lynn

ian777

View Profile
History
CDFF members???
Posted : 1 Jun, 2009 06:30 AM

Excellent testimony Linnie; I came here with different intentions too - intentions that I suspect will be fufilled, but I have to admit,I've been pleasantly surprised by the fellowship found here.

That was an aspect of these "dating" sites I didn't even know existed. It's been a real blessing, and it's been a blessing to get to know everyone here.

Ian

tristan07

View Profile
History
CDFF members???
Posted : 1 Jun, 2009 12:12 PM

Yep I joined here a long time ago to just test the waters and see what was what, and I met a sweet lady on an off chance and we are together now, but I stick around to talk to the nice people I have met on here and see how things are going and who has met someone and whatnot. For a free site that anyone can join, I am suprised this is as nice a place as it is.

God bless you all!

ian777

View Profile
History
CDFF members???
Posted : 1 Jun, 2009 01:51 PM

Well it's good to hear a success story Tristan, Thanks for sharing, and I'm glad you still come around.

God bless,

Ian

View Profile
History
CDFF members???
Posted : 2 Jun, 2009 01:04 PM

dear linnie, hey lady when you stop lookin thats prolly when theyll run right smack into ya.. hehe

ole cattle

1LovelyItaliana

View Profile
History
CDFF members???
Posted : 1 Jul, 2009 09:46 AM

Well try searching the online profiles list! :) Also, when people are active, it'll say "Online now," or "Online today" so you know they're catching up with their emails and stuff. Yeah, don't be discouraged-- people lose interest in dating sites in themselves sometimes... I did that with this site for a while and came back to it. It's normal. OR people find someone and don't deactivate :)