Author Thread: Guard Your Heart Always...Your Life And Soul Depends On It.
Admin

Guard Your Heart Always...Your Life And Soul Depends On It.
Posted : 3 Mar, 2010 09:45 AM

Recently I thought that I had found and met the man of my dreams. He was everything I could have prayed and hoped for, but little did I know he was a sheep in wolf's clothing.

I wanted to start off as friends and he was cool with that. I told him I was a virgin, and he was really cool about that. A little too cool if I may say so myself. Then he dropped the L word on me. I told him that I could not say it because I want to make sure I mean it when I say it. Love is a word that is used so loosely and is only a word when there is NO action behind it. Plus, I was being caution with my heart.

Finally, even though I know God was showing me things about this person and throwing everything but the kitchen sink at the back of my head, I told this guy "I love you". Needless to say, he was estatic and so was I because I thought he loved me for me. We continued talking and was finding myself falling deeper and deeper in love (what "I" thought was love) with this person while having my suspicions on his true agenda and motives.

Anyway, he all the sudden wanted to marry me. I was like wow! This is moving a little fast, but I knew people who had fallen in love and gotten married 5 months after meeting and still have strong loving marriages today. I thought maybe it was happening for me too. HA! It was all but a lie.

A few months past by and were engaged. Then all of a sudden, just as quickly as he told me he love me, he just as quickly stop emailing, calling and texting and seeing me. I tried calling him but his phone was always shut off or he just wouldn't answer his phone or his messages. He even took me off his facebook page WHILE I was on facebook. The next couple of days he had a new woman and was so in love with her. How can you stop loving someone all the sudden? Had he told me that he wanted to do something else, I would have greatly moved aside and let him do whatever he felt he needed to do.

Anyway, it was hard letting go because this was the first man I had EVER said the words "I love you" to. But I thank God for leading me to fast for a week and really dig deeper than I have ever dug into his word before, because it prepared me for the heartbreak that I knew, in the back of my mind, was coming the following week. It happened so fast.

When he did what he did, it stung a bit I must admit, and I cried for like a day and was over it just like that. This all happened this past week.

But my advice is to GUARD YOUR HEART and allow God to PROTECT your mind. Your mind can be a very dangerous tool to pull you down. And remember,ALWAYS in ANY relationship, keep God in the center. Pray to God about your relationship and see if it is one of Him because the devil can and will sneek in anyway he can and try to destroy you or cause you to stumble and fall. Had I NOT been talking to God the whole time to guard me, I think I would be a total hot mess right about now (and there is much more to my story).

Remember, when it's true love it will be one built on first, the foundations of God and His Word. If the guy is taking a stand or being the leader, it's not really worth it. If the guy/girl isn't displaying the signs of 1 Corinthians 13 love, then maybe you should rethink your relationship. And finally, if someone is overly eagared for you to say you love them or tell you they love you super fast without KNOWING you as well as wanting to marry you, PLEASE whatever you do, RUN because something isn't right and I think that's what God was trying to tell me.

Anyway, God bless you all in your search for your soulmate! Because believe me, what God has for you is for you and it is well worth the wait for what God has.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2010 10:04 AM

God protected you ;)

We always need to pay attention to the little thing God shows us, you know...the things we dont want to be made aware of, lol

God Bless You!!!

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2010 08:17 PM

God bless you Olivia. Thanks for sharing your experience and wisdom! ~ GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Mar, 2010 10:29 AM

Anything to alert the masses. Not all people are who they say they are. That's why it's so important to stay prayed up, alert and watchful. As well as to listen to His voice because his sheep know his voice. The small still voice really does work if we would only just listen to what it's telling us.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Mar, 2010 11:01 AM

Olivia,

My dad told me when I was a kid that just because a dog wags it's tail doesn't mean it won't bite.

Thunder

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Mar, 2010 11:51 AM

Thunder,

Very true. Trust, I've LEARNED my lesson. Sometimes God allows us to bump our heads. I know that it drew me closer than I have EVER been to Him in my life.

It's so nice to know God is always providing a way out for us, even when we set our own traps. But yeah, needless to say, we all, as true followers of Christ, have to be on our guard.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2010 10:09 AM

Yeah, I've met men like this. They are addicted to the idea of being in love --- and those first feelings you get. The excitement! Can't stop thinking them! Can't wait to talk to them! So fresh, so new, so terrific!

But that is all they are good for. After that is over --- they move on to the next one. And men (and women) who keep doing this and don't break this cycle in themselves become very, very good at saying just the right thing to reel the opposite sex in and get them hooked.

You dodged a real bad one there. I know it hurts, but God and time will heal that. If you ever run into anyone else who is that fast and forward and gung-ho to say "I love you" right away ----- now you know. Time, several months at least, will ferret those kind of people out. God bless, sister.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2010 09:18 PM

dear thunder, thats usually when a friendly dog will bite ya is when hes waggin his tail.. from nervousness.. hehe

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Mar, 2010 05:11 AM

Next time be on your guard. Now you know the tactics men use.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Mar, 2010 03:14 PM

Some men will say and do anything in the world to get some sex. Not saying that is what he wanted from you, but I have heard it all. That they wlll marry me anything and everything, in the hopes I will have sex with them. Some men are not thinking with their heads at all.

Good luck and thank you for sharing your story.

melbantolio

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Mar, 2010 11:06 PM

Wow Olivia its helping me a lot now cause i was felt heart broken now. Its help me to awake of what you said Guard your heart. You are absolutely right. From now on i felt pain during our borke of my boyfriend actually God permitted it because he is not a christian. I ask God for guidance and his answer we broke up. Its hurt actually but i trust God thats his perfect way for me that i may go in the right path.

God bless you always and I will pray for God's gift on you. A loving and christian Husband.:angel:

Page : 1 2