Author Thread: King James
Deborahe

View Profile
History
King James
Posted : 15 Jul, 2008 06:18 AM

I heard a Preacher say Satan was "stealing" The Word of God

from right under our noses; through all the different "versions" of the Bible. What do you think?

Love in Christ,

Deborah :angel:

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
King James
Posted : 26 Jul, 2008 03:16 AM

lets see if I can butcher this funny song a friend of mine wrote years ago.....

Theres the NLT,,, and the NIV,,, and a paraphrase or two,,,

Theres just about any kind you want,,,,,

To fit your point of view. Doo, doo, doo, doo.

I'm not madd,,,,

I'm just trying to say,,,,,

Is that people cannot seeeeeee.

If John the baptist,, used the King James version,, it's good enough for me...

Give me that old king james version,,,,

It's good enough for me.

If Paul and Silas used the King James version,,,

It's goooooooood,,,,

enoughhhhhhhhh,,,,

For meeeeeeeeee,,,,, eeeeeee !!!

Deborahe

View Profile
History
King James
Posted : 26 Jul, 2008 12:04 PM

The reason so many people can quote the King James and the Spirit brings to remembrance verses from KJV is evident. I'm not going to "eat" something I don't like, just to please someone else. To thank them for something that tastes bitter in my mouth and nauseates my stomach; then ask for more would be deceptiveness on my part. If I know they're cooking up something I don't like, I'll politely refuse their request to come and dine.

Great Song, Bruce! I'm going to teach it to my 4 year old grand-daughter.

Passing on the torch,

Deborah

SusieQ8

View Profile
History
King James
Posted : 26 Jul, 2008 12:59 PM

Ouch!!! That really felt like a bucket full of rocks?!?

I prefer to join in the "Bibe study" bringing my side dish to share (NKJV, amplified, and parallel Bibles) I have even been known to show-up with a my KJV concordance and Bible dictionary at studies with tremendously hunger attendees. I plan on fully participating not being divisive over "WORDS" but hoping to grasp a fuller understanding of what the Spirit is saying. I would be so glad to share and be listening to GODly discussions with those who love the LORD Jesus regardless of their preferred version.

I would never think what is being served would make me sick or nauseated because it is spiced a bit differently. I am not talking about "lukewarm" fellowships but young, or different parts of the body. Who knows if by attending and sharing; if some might be "won over" to the version I am using, it has happened before and probably will again. Surely, I wouldn't offend the hosts, it isn't like they are apostate faiths or are inviting me to the local tavern for a drunken feast. They are just using a different version of scripture.

I am not bound by denominations or by Bible versions but by LOVE; first for GOD, my brethern, and then my neighbor. It is this love which calls me to fellowship with other believers putting my preferences to the side, offering what I have, and ministering one to another as the Spirit calls me to both give and receive.

The only item I would want to beware of consumning is "the leaven of the Pharisees".

Brother Bruce, Cute song but of course John the Baptist and the others you mentioned didn't speak, read, or know english; so, they couldn't have used the KJV.:ROFL:

:angel:

Susan

Deborahe

View Profile
History
King James
Posted : 28 Jul, 2008 03:02 AM

Carry in a side dish, that very often sits untouched ? No Thanks.

I'll just have the Bible Study at my house so the hungry attendees can be satisfied with the Main Course.If my guests are truly hungry and thirsty, they will indeed be filled. Real Meat ! There's no substitute for steak ! mmmmmm:eat:

They won't have to be "won over"; They'll be asking on the way out, How soon are you cooking again? They may even be singing, It's goooooood enoughhhhhhh for meeeeeee !

When it comes to God's Word--------- I Don't DEBATE it !

I DECLARE it !

HE expects no less from me !

If any who have dined don't want to come again, that's fine.

There are many homeless and hungry, so filling up the chairs

around the dinner table is an easy task. Good Food is always

eaten.

:angel:Deborah

SusieQ8

View Profile
History
King James
Posted : 28 Jul, 2008 08:52 AM

Yes, I am certain the "meat will be delicious" as the hostess is so well prepared in her specialties.

God bless you and all who attend!

I believe we only have bones left on our plates on this topic. I appreciate your fortitude, dedication, and stamina.

Love in Christ,

:buddies:

Susan

Deborahe

View Profile
History
King James
Posted : 1 Aug, 2008 12:25 PM

In The Beginning Was The Word~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ God's Written Word is His Love Letter To Us All~ ~ ~ ~ ~ May We

Learn More About Jesus Every Day !

Loving Jesus,

:angel: Deborah

Revelation22

View Profile
History
King James
Posted : 15 Aug, 2008 11:31 AM

The B-I-B-L-E------ yes, that's the Book for meeee.

I'll stand alone on the Word of God.

The B-I-B-L-E.

Give me that ole King James version;

It's gooooood eeeenoughhhh for meeeeee !

:rocknroll:revelation22

sparrow1469

View Profile
History
King James
Posted : 19 Dec, 2008 07:54 PM

I agree, that is very true.

Page : 1 2 3