Author Thread: Tongues
Revelation22

View Profile
History
Tongues
Posted : 15 Aug, 2008 07:05 AM

I Corinthians 12:10

To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits;to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: --------

Do you speak in tongues ? If no, which of the gifts do you use on a regular basis ?

:rocknroll:revelation22

ephesians522

View Profile
History
Tongues
Posted : 15 Aug, 2008 07:40 AM

From intothyword.org:

The word, Spiritual Gift, comes from the Greek phrase chrismata or sometimes referred to as Charisma, and is defined as, "a gift of grace." This means we, as Christians, are given a �favor� or a �special gift� to do the work of ministry on behalf of, and empowered by, our Lord Jesus Christ. In ancient Greek, it was a phrase that a conquering general, giving a gift to the people he had just conquered as a symbol of their dependence upon the conqueror, would use. We are not conquered in spirit, but our Will as a Christian becomes less as He becomes more. Thus, Gifts are also a reminder of our dependence upon Christ as Lord.

It is each Believer�s responsibility to find, develop, and exercise the Gifts given to him/her!

Some of the Gifts include leadership, teaching, pastoral care, mercy, giving... there are over twenty of them! How we are to behave and interact with one another is governed by the Spirit working through each of us with these Gifts. We must acknowledge our role in the Body; there are no lone wolves in Christ! We have a duty to fulfill, and a role to play. When we refuse to find and use our Gifts, we not only hurt ourselves, but each other and our Lord! The Church is greatly diminished, the work of the Lord given to us is left undone, and opportunities are missed!

Satan does not want you to discover your Gifts; he wants you to ignore your responsibility and nurture of one another!

SusieQ8

View Profile
History
Tongues
Posted : 15 Aug, 2008 08:05 AM

Yes tongues, and severally as the Spirit wills.

Believe it or not, Billy Graham's daughter, Anne Graham Lotz, said in a meeting I was at about the gifts. To try them all whenever the occassion requires it. Even if, it was never manifest in you before. Who knows perhaps, the LORD will use you if you are an open, clean, prepared, ready, WILLING vessel.

So, I pray, I hope, I believe, and I yeild for the sake of others, for the praise and glory to be given to GOD alone.

:yay::applause::bow:

:prayingf:

Susan

Revelation22

View Profile
History
Tongues
Posted : 15 Aug, 2008 09:46 AM

ephesians522,

Thanks for your input. I've read many of your posts and do respect and admire you as a Brother in the Lord.

Hope to see more of you in this section. The MEN here are way out numbered !

P.S. Certainly don't mean for the ladies to stop posting:glow:

View Profile
History
Tongues
Posted : 15 Aug, 2008 04:56 PM

Well I am going to have to say that I do speak in tongues. Prayer tongues. I do believe Paul was speaking of two different types of tongues. One a personal prayer tongue and one called the Gift of tongues which was for the edification of the church and came with the gift of interpretation by that person or someone, else. Not everyone believes in tongues but I do because I have experienced it and it is real in my life. I am longing for another "Stone's Folly" to happen in the U.S. to usher in another great revival.

Robin

Revelation22

View Profile
History
Tongues
Posted : 15 Aug, 2008 05:28 PM

Robin,

I also believe in the gift of tongues and when I don't exactly

know how to express my need in prayer to the Father; the Spirit gives utterance and knows exactly what to pray for.

AMAZING !

View Profile
History
Tongues
Posted : 15 Aug, 2008 06:27 PM

Yes, it is amazing!

Robin

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
Tongues
Posted : 16 Aug, 2008 05:37 AM

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Of Men and Ang:angel:ls,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Revelation22

View Profile
History
Tongues
Posted : 16 Aug, 2008 07:28 AM

........... and have not charity, I am nothing............

Thanx for the reminder, Brother.

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
Tongues
Posted : 18 Aug, 2008 12:50 AM

But think,,,humm, humm.

There is no unknown tongue that the Angels doesn't know.

Contrary to what americans probably think,,he he, lol,

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

,, I dont belive English will be the celestial language of Heaven.

Aramaic,,, nah,,,,

Greek,, yes thats it,,,,,,,,hummm,,,,,, NAH !!!

Of Course , it will be Hebrew,,, yay, yay,,, Humm,,,, Nah!!!

I supose God will have his own language that man has never perverted or used in Vain,,,

But Halleluiah shouldn't change,,,

It's said the same in every language.

Bruce,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :peace: out,,,,,,, !!!

View Profile
History
Tongues
Posted : 18 Aug, 2008 04:03 AM

So true about Hallelujah...The highest form of praise!

Robin

Page : 1 2