Shopping

Maps

Flights

Finance

All filters

Feedback

Tools

Over 17% of Marriages Start Through Online Dating

According to the Statistic Brain Research Institute, 1 in 5 relationships and a little more than 1 in 6 marriages begin online. About 17% of marriages and 20% of relationships begin online.Jan 7, 2020

https://www.datingadvice.com › onl...

7 Online Dating “Marriage Success” Statistics (2022) - DatingAdvice

Feedback

About featured snippets

People also ask

What percent of online daters get married?

Do marriages from online dating last?

How successful are dating app marriages?

What percentage of online marriages end in divorce?

Feedback

TODAY

https://www.today.com › tmrw › co...

Couples who meet on dating apps are more likely to divorce in early marriage, study finds

Nov 2, 2021 — Online dating isn't the only meeting method that's more likely to lead to divorce. The study found that 8% of couples who met in school and 7% ...

May 26, 2020 — Today, online dating remains the top way couples meet.

Couples who met on dating apps headed for early divorce, study finds

National Post

Marriages disintegrate at a much higher rate for couples who meet online, study says

Nov 4, 2021 — The report found that married couples who meet online have a 12 per cent higher chance of getting divorced within the first three years .

Feb 6, 2020 — Just over half of Americans (54%) say that relationships where couples meet through a dating site or app are just as successful as those that ...

online dating marriage success rates from www.pewresearch.org

Metro

https://metro.co.uk › ... › Families

Couples who meet online are 'six times more likely to get divorced'

Nov 1, 2021 — Even after seven years, online couples had a 17% risk of divorce compared to just 10% for those who met through in-real-life channels.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Meeting Online
Posted : 1 Dec, 2022 11:26 AM

This info is bits and pieces, however, overall Online

Relationships and marriages aren't that Successful amongst

Thousands Online.

musician47

View Profile
History
Meeting Online
Posted : 3 Dec, 2022 01:04 PM

This thread says it all. The only types I have encountered on this site are 1. scammers and 2. those with mental issues like bipolar depression. That is the reason I totally doubt those pictures of newlyweds that CDFF spreads all over their Facebook page, are for real. I dared to post what I thought, but CDFF was quick to take me on, and defend their position that those were genuine couples who submitted their pictures to CDFF. Well, I will hear out their side of this, but I still say they are professional actors/models who are hired by CDFF to make the site look good. I can easily spot real couples from models miles out. Those are models on their FB page, it is not reality. I took pity on one woman here having to move from one flat to another yearly in Malaysia, having to sleep on a mattress on the floor because she has no bed. We've been emailing back and forth for about 2 weeks now. That may all be for real or made up, I have no way of knowing, her situation, I mean. I found out fast she has a temper and forgets what is said in previous email exchanges between us. I gave up on her. She also lied to me, told me she came to check for messages from me. All unread? I don't "THINK" so! I tried to be as encouraging, supportive, and cheer her up as much as possible and for a time, it was working. But it didn't last. It never does and never will, with her, or her kind. The divorce rates and low percentages say it all. I can readily see why. Great thread, Moonlight 7, and the TRUTH.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
History
Meeting Online
Posted : 3 Dec, 2022 01:32 PM

Well, none of us knows all the people behind the testimonies... but I personally know someone who had his wedding picture posted here on CDFF in 2022 :-)

Meaning, I know their real name, plus we had several common 'friends of friends' on Facebook... so I know he's a real person, a genuine Christian brother, even though we aren't close friends.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
History
Meeting Online
Posted : 3 Dec, 2022 01:37 PM

.. and I am extremely happy for him & his bride :-)

Musician: If God sent me the right man via this site, I'll guaranteedly let you know... will you believe my testimony, or doubt that?

musician47

View Profile
History
Meeting Online
Posted : 3 Dec, 2022 04:56 PM

All I went by in my post was the stats Moonlight 7 posted, plus adding my own experiences. If you do meet the right one, let me know how it's going about 5 years into the marriage.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
History
Meeting Online
Posted : 3 Dec, 2022 06:27 PM

Not sure how to do that, unless we exchange e-mail adresses before I leave.. but I'll let people her know if/when I meet the right person.

After all, none of us know who are real, who are not.. We could both be some paid models, or bots,

Well, I am hardly model material, but you might be, Musician...

NarnianGirl

View Profile
History
Meeting Online
Posted : 3 Dec, 2022 06:31 PM

.. we sure have to be vigilant and discerning, no matter where we meet people.

I would much prefer to meet someone 'in real life', but, a there are no single, marriage minded men around, I believe this is as good as any other tool God has used.

He has used anything - including the donkey in Bileam's case - so He can use a website as well..

musician47

View Profile
History
Meeting Online
Posted : 3 Dec, 2022 06:40 PM

I need to clarify something that has bothered me ever since I posted earlier. I have been very happily married to the sweetest most wonderful angel on earth. She was sadly taken from me so soon by complications of lupus. Her 13th anniversary of being taken home is coming up soon, December 18th. I wanted to be certain that everyone knows I am not only NOT down on marriage, but had the happiest one a man could ever be blessed with. Maybe God is trying to show me that I have already had the very best, by allowing others now to not work out. I believe Him. I sure have had the very best and am thankful, but I miss her more every day. 😥 This is a painfully sad time of year for me. I literally lived my life through Barb. We didn't quite make it to 14 years of marriage, but a whole lot of happiness, some valleys and hills were crowded into that all too short a time. I love her. I miss her and long to see her again soon when the trumpet sounds!

NarnianGirl

View Profile
History
Meeting Online
Posted : 4 Dec, 2022 06:24 AM

That is a blessing Musician... you have experienced the heaven on earth..

Some of us never had that, but we can envision it by faith..

musician47

View Profile
History
Meeting Online
Posted : 4 Dec, 2022 06:26 AM

It truly was the greatest blessing of my entire lifetime, NarnianGirl. The best. God gave me far more than I truly deserved, showing what a loving giving God He is. I pray that this happiness will be yours too.

Page : 1 2 3