Author Thread: My Nightmare Blind Date Story is....
Admin

My Nightmare Blind Date Story is....
Posted : 5 Mar, 2010 07:23 PM

I dated my ex-husband all of my college years, since I was 19. We married when I was 23. I never thought I would get to experience going on a blind date. I thought it would be exciting!

When I was finally ready to date after my divorce, an opportunity came. A young 27 yr old co-worker told me she wanted to set me up with her uncle who was a few years older than me. I said yes and she gave us each other's phone number. He called me. We had stimulating conversations and laughed and joked. It was really good. After a week, we decided to get together. We met at a local restaurant.

Long story, short. He ordered for me without asking, got finished eating before me, turned sideways and started reading the newspaper, 'DISCLAIMER, IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE AND EASILY OFFENDED STOP READING NOW AND PLEASE POST YOUR HORROR STORY BLIND DATE! EVERYONE ELSE PLEASE CONTINUE'. The most unbelievable thing was when I crossed my arms in front of me and rubbed my arms and said I was cold, he said, Well, uncross your arms and let's see if your headlights are on! It took me a minute or two to process that. When realization finally dawned, I looked at my imaginary watch and said,'Look at the time, I've got to go!". I was so appalled!

Moral of the story- Christians please go out with equally yoked Christians and never go out with friends and co-workers family members. If it doesn't work out, they feel like they have to choose!

I dare you to top that! :laugh:

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Mar, 2010 06:43 PM

SOS - my stomach hurts from so hard!!! Yeah, that beats Ed's story for sure. :applause: :laugh:

trubeliever70

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Apr, 2010 04:19 PM

Yall r too much....lol

I love this thread its great to be able to laugh at ur self.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Apr, 2010 07:11 PM

Well I guess I have one bad blind date story. Almost literally blind.

My good friend at the time wanted desperately to go out with a girl he had met but said she would only go if he found a friend for her friend. So he comes to me begging and guilting me to be the one to go. I said no many times but he would not take no for an answer.

You see, at the time I was dating a beautiful young lady, we had both just graduated high school. She lived an hour away but I really liked her and her whole family. To top it off, she was a model with long beautiful red curly hair. Her name was Melody. I was the only guy I knew who could say he was dating such a gorgeous model and the best thing was, she never acted like a model. We had so much fun and the romance was just beginning.

Ok, back to the friend. Well I made an awful decision and finally gave in but made it clear she was not my date. I was just coming along as a favor to him. Turns out, I knew the blind date. She was my schools ugly duckling, sorry for the graphic, with huge coke bottle glasses....like I said almost literally blind.

I could go into more details but suffice it to say, somehow my girlfriend found out and that was that. I don't think I could ever forget the day I let a friend cause me such a heartbreak. I don't think I have ever met another girl like her in my life but as we know God has a purpose and all that stuff, but dang I think that decision caused a curse on me.

Ok...I feel much better now.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Apr, 2010 08:23 PM

Well I speak any and all curses off you in the name of Jesus! :applause:

We can have what we say, when we believe. And when our ways please God, He gives us the desires of our heart. :rocknroll:

Your story is all tragic! Awww! Well, lesson learned that is what life is all about!

Be blessed, Scott.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Apr, 2010 10:58 AM

Sorry to say but you do not have the right to speak for God or Jesus about curses or anything else. You can ask God or Jesus to do such a thing but speaking for God is called taking His name in vain. I would caution you against it.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Apr, 2010 10:58 AM

Sorry to say but you do not have the right to speak for God or Jesus about curses or anything else. You can ask God or Jesus to do such a thing but speaking for God is called taking His name in vain. I would caution you against it.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Apr, 2010 10:59 PM

Imscott,

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Luke 10:19

Jesus came to set us free. He said we could do all that he did(casting out demons, healing, etc..) and more if we would believe. I absolutely will not debate with you on it.

I know we are different denominations here and believe different things. Do you really believe God would leave us here defenseless against the devil and his minions?

If you choose to remain bound, that would be your choice.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5