Author Thread: Dating a married person that is separated and or in process of divorce.... need opinions on this subject. Honest responses please.
Admin

Dating a married person that is separated and or in process of divorce.... need opinions on this subject. Honest responses please.
Posted : 25 Feb, 2009 06:15 PM

I just need to know what other peoples opinion on this subject is. I personally am legally still married, we are separated and are in the process of a divorce. What are some of your opinions on dating a married man or woman in this situation. If the man or woman says to the other their marriage is over, are your free to start dating? Or do your have to wait until your divorce is final?

ssimagic

View Profile
History
Dating a married person that is separated and or in process of divorce.... need opinions on this subject. Honest responses please.
Posted : 14 Aug, 2010 01:10 PM

If you have made the final decision and there is NO chance of reconciliation, AND started the legal process, I see no reason for you not to date. However, I do caution you to go slowly because you may end up "rebounding" simply because you are lonely, which is very normal. When my Vicki went to the Lord, I was extraordinarly lonely and even tho I was grieving badly, I didn't want to be by myself, so I do understand. Just go slowly and follow the rules the Lord has set down for us in the Bible. BIBLE= Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth.

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Aug, 2010 03:46 PM

My opinion: don't date someone while they are still married....the devil will try to make you think it is ok, and then tempt you to do things you shouldnt...that is what he is best at...only date if both are not married!

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Oct, 2010 09:52 PM

i feel that it would be wrong because if you are still married and have a physical relationship while in the process of getting divorced i feel its wrong. it's adultery.

roxiegirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Oct, 2010 08:50 PM

My opinion, you can pray about it all you want, but i don't think dating a separated or female going through a divorce is something God would be ok with. First off, if she is separated, you're looking at the possibility that she may go back to her spouse and or she is possibly rebounding at the same time, if she is going through a divorce, there are still too many unresolved feelings and it would definitely end up a rebound thing or issues from the past marriage brought into your relationship. Good luck. :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jan, 2011 12:08 PM

God does not want you to date other men while you are seperated because you are still legally married to your husband. I would strongly advise you to to research Christ's teachings regarding once your divorce is finalized. If it's not because of him fornicating, there may be a problem with you remarry.

lescole61

1/26/11

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Feb, 2011 02:49 PM

First off are truly over the other partner.

Have you in Gods word for your answer?

How do you truly feel dating this quick is goinng to affect you ?

Are you going to be vunderbale to the first person who shows you affection?

My wife passed away on May 10th last year and yes I have been lonely and allowed one lady in my life after 3 weeks just to share with and it got seriouus and she meet someone else and called one night late after a mission trip and told me she would call in the morning instead I got email I never want to see are hear from you again.Are you ready to let the hurt you feel now puy you in that sitisuation?

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Apr, 2011 11:42 AM

Let's ask a question� God's opinion after all his opinion is the one that really counts a separated person doesn't mean they're divorced. It simply means there going to get a divorce sometimes they don't also it's a real good way to play around on the partner asked God I think there's one word in the Bible it is adultery you choose. Not being harsh, or judgmental, but in today's time we seem to lose the meaning of sin. Charlie T

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jul, 2011 06:57 PM

NO WAY Married is married and a person should seek counceling and healing for at least a couple of years. I don't care who leaves who.

IamHisgirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2011 11:59 AM

You are still married legally. I believe you should be divorced with a certified copy in your hand before you begin dating again.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jul, 2011 05:57 PM

Hi, I was married for 45yrs. To a man that ran around, ponography and only God knows for sure what else. I believed a marriage could be saved and so I stayed when he said he was sorry. God forgave us didn't he?? (forgive 70x7) Now after all the years, he decides to leave..just when I thought we had finally made it. Right. I think I know how you feel Divorce doesn't just happen. It is a process...Please read the scriptures and make sure it is God's decision. I am very lonely....but, I will not date a man that is still in covenant. I know how that feels. Before I go out with any man they have had to take time to heal.....and so do I......it is a difficult time of healing....sore's still bleed sometimes but I know God has set me free.......and I have peace. If you don't have peace...don't move.

In Christ Love

Page : 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11