Author Thread: Falling in love with a stranger
Sally1984

View Profile
History
Falling in love with a stranger
Posted : 3 Jul, 2012 04:51 AM

Just joined here, don't know whether something of the sort has ever been shared. :)

Don't you guys get freaked out at the thought of falling in love with a total stranger? I do get scared sometimes!

Yes i know we put all our hope and trust in God, however the devil is fighting so hard to see that we are hurt. Much as this is a Christian dating site, there might be some people who like to take advantage of our faith and Christian values and pretend to be staunch followers of Christ hence falling for them. That gives me goose bumps!

:zzzz:

It gets even worse when i think how possible it might be for that person to be an angel in disguise.

God bless!

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jul, 2012 06:05 AM

At the point you can call it "falling in love," is the person still a stranger?

Sally1984

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jul, 2012 06:26 AM

There are some people who believe in "love at first sight" be it through the internet or meeting face to face.

Someone can say all the nicest things that your ears itch to hear and they disguise themselves for quite some time. And by the time your realize who truely that person is, you are probably already head over hills in love with them.

If it happens with the people you usually interact with physically, then how about the interaction through the internet?

It's just the matter of being extra cautious & pray for God's guidance.

LOVER11

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jul, 2012 11:07 AM

If falling in Love is not Love, then what is it other than temporary and partial collapse of ego boundaries? I do not know. But the sexual specificity of the phenomenon leads me to suspect that it is a genetically determined instinctual component of mating behavior. In other words, the temporary collapse of our ego boundaries that constitutes falling in Love is a stereotypic response of human beings to a configuration of internal sexual drives and external sexual stimuli.

The act of extending one's limits implies efforts. Love is not effortless; contrary to this it is effortful. Desire to Love is not itself love. Love is an act of will- both intention and action. Desire is not necessarily action, Will is desire of sufficient intensity that is translated in to action. Will also imply choice. We do not have to Love, we choose to Love.

love is broad but it is romance which is limited...when say " fall in love at sight" mean u felt love on seeming grace not internally

LOVER of LOVERS ...Paul

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jul, 2012 03:28 PM

I do not believe in love at first site. Internetcontacts are not really a real relationship, it is a friendship.

You have to talk on the phone meet the guy in person and go from there and build a relationship.

:angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jul, 2012 05:02 PM

Even if people do believe in love at first sight (which is... weird), on the internet, no. That is not how it works.

Sally1984

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jul, 2012 12:26 AM

From your response i comprehend that to love someone is actually a choice & not a feeling that just engulfs you when you least expect it.

So Paul, you don't believe there's such thing as "falling in love"? Then how do we describe the chemistry, the physical attraction, Is that also a choice?

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jul, 2012 10:05 AM

Lover11,good excert from the road less travelled! I went on to read the "and beyond" but found he started to go more "off on a limb" wuith that one!!!

agnezz

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jul, 2012 08:04 AM

love as i believe takes time to bloom through getting to know each other, i think for a wise woman molded with virtues and faith in God, you must dissect the personality of the man you are conversing with.if he is the man you prayed for. check if his gestures coincide with his words.... a wise woman shouldnt give his heart over a man who she hasnt proven worth it....

lululuvsGod

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Aug, 2012 08:02 AM

AMEN Agnez.... I agree with you sooooo much. I have had bad experiences by allowing my emotions to be what leads me to beleive that Love is what I am feeling. You will know TRUE LOVE. It is only what the Bible describes it to be. Nothing less. If you dont see those qualities then you have to step back and pray about it. God allows us free will as we all know, just as loving someone is a choice, but dont allow yourself to be swept away by the desire to be in love for this leads to heartbreak. I KNOW, I have done this over and over again. I have just recently learned that what I prayed for is what God hears. I dont have to "settle" just to be loved. I dont have to fight for my love to be accepted. I most certainly do not have to "force" the love to happen. I think we all need to be careful when dating online. I too met someone in here...Literally met him in person and it was all deceit. I was a sucker..for real. So, in time we learn. But I cannot say I didnt see the red flags, I did..but I let loneliness be what guided me. God wants us to follow our spirits to know when something doesnt "seem right" or it isnt for us. Listen to that "inner voice" i say cuz its GOD talking to us. If I had listened time and time again I would of saved myself alot of heartbreak. However, I am stronger today then ever before. I can see those red flags and when I do I RUN like crazy... Never will I settle again. You are a child of the KING he wants us to know what real love is and that is as the Bible says it is....we dont have to force it into play, or cry it into play, or desire it..It just happens if its meant to be....God bless you all.. always be careful on this site. Any site you go to has wolves in sheeps clothing. Ask me I know personally...the deception I felt had taken me down with tears on and off for a month..but this lady is stronger, smarter and tougher than I was before, not bitter, just more in tune to knowing its ok to say no and to walk away... Sometimes that is what God wants us to do...... God bless you all....

Apostelle

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Aug, 2012 02:40 PM

Love at first site or being swept away by the moment is a fallacy of romance novels, and if allowed to happen, leads to problems. Real love takes time to develop even in real life. When a man and woman first meet, they are under the control of brain chemicals. This flood of chemicals takes time to abate. Then people relax and allow their true selves to show. It is only then that you can tell if that person is the correct one for you.