Author Thread: One way to a persevering relationship....
Admin

One way to a persevering relationship....
Posted : 27 Nov, 2009 11:05 PM

So, I've been single for about 8 months now. After a long 4 year relationship. That ended badly, left me in confusion for a while. I regreted him at first, I wish I wouldn't have put so much time & energy into something that ended up going nowhere. I don't date someone just to date them, I date them for a purpose.

Our relationship didn't work out because God wasn't involved. He wasn't the pilot, I can't point or blame the unsuccessfulness of the relationship on God. I have to blame myself. For letting myself or my ex be the pilot of it.

So I have learned that the only way ANY relationship will ever persevere is by letting God be the pilot. I no longer regret the realtionship.I have learned & grown a lot from it. If it wasn't for it, my relationship with God wouldn't be has strong & I wouldn't know myself as good as I do now. Its amazing how God turned something negative to positive. Something that was intended for bad, is used for good. PRICELESS!! :D

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Nov, 2009 04:37 AM

dear uncomn, welcome to the forums..

you are so right about that.

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Nov, 2009 06:57 AM

So very true!

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Nov, 2009 01:05 PM

Just as a river needs it's bed to keep it flowing forward and not spreading every which way and evenually losing the properties of a river and becoming a flood plain or marsh; so too does a marriage need a "bed" (other than the Marriage Bed).

Without God's Discipline, without God's Word to guide us, marriage will also dissipate like a "river without a riverbed" and cease to be a marriage.

As you get older, you'll realize that it isn't so much about how many steps you are taking ( moving forward) towards your goal, but rather learning from your mistakes and therefore taking two steps forward after every step backwards.

The lesson you learned was painful, but the break in a bone or a tear in a muscle, usually grows back stronger than before. So will you and your Faith.

Peace

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Nov, 2009 08:59 PM

Thanks for reading & replying you guys. Hope you all had a great day :)

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jan, 2010 06:43 PM

Hey ucmon.... what Archimedes says is very true.

GraceMae