Author Thread: My Nightmare Blind Date Story is....
Admin

My Nightmare Blind Date Story is....
Posted : 5 Mar, 2010 07:23 PM

I dated my ex-husband all of my college years, since I was 19. We married when I was 23. I never thought I would get to experience going on a blind date. I thought it would be exciting!

When I was finally ready to date after my divorce, an opportunity came. A young 27 yr old co-worker told me she wanted to set me up with her uncle who was a few years older than me. I said yes and she gave us each other's phone number. He called me. We had stimulating conversations and laughed and joked. It was really good. After a week, we decided to get together. We met at a local restaurant.

Long story, short. He ordered for me without asking, got finished eating before me, turned sideways and started reading the newspaper, 'DISCLAIMER, IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE AND EASILY OFFENDED STOP READING NOW AND PLEASE POST YOUR HORROR STORY BLIND DATE! EVERYONE ELSE PLEASE CONTINUE'. The most unbelievable thing was when I crossed my arms in front of me and rubbed my arms and said I was cold, he said, Well, uncross your arms and let's see if your headlights are on! It took me a minute or two to process that. When realization finally dawned, I looked at my imaginary watch and said,'Look at the time, I've got to go!". I was so appalled!

Moral of the story- Christians please go out with equally yoked Christians and never go out with friends and co-workers family members. If it doesn't work out, they feel like they have to choose!

I dare you to top that! :laugh:

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2010 07:41 PM

oh no, What a mess! Couldnt top it if I tried!

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2010 08:01 PM

Oh my goodness! That's AWFUL. The one good thing about that date would be that at least he didn't put on a good front and deceive you into thinking he was someone he really wasn't.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2010 08:12 PM

I know! I was literally looking around for Ashton. I thought I was being Punk'd! :laugh:

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2010 10:07 PM

lol. Well you handled that nicely. What a moron he was.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2010 10:40 PM

Thanks Remp. I am so glad I invited Christ into my heart. Back in the day, it would have been a whoooole different story. Bloodshed and much cussing involved. :laugh:

Am I the only one that has experienced a bad blind date?

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2010 05:29 PM

Oh my goodness :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bloodshed and cussing!! You crack me up!!

So sorry you had such a bad experience but I think you handled it well, also.

My blind date story is...... my girlfriend talked me into it. I didnt want to, but oh well. We talked on the phone and I was a little iffy, but we decided to go to the movies. He shows up and he is no taller than me! (I'm short) In the car he started talking right away about this lady who rented one of his apartments, and how she was his "running buddy". He took her and her small daughter on errands and out for ice cream, etc. When we get to the theatre he says he only likes to watch movies that have a really good point and are serious. The exact opposite of me!!! I don't remember what we ended up seeing. He wanted to buy me candy, a big box of popcorn, and something to drink. He was flummoxed when I politely declined (too much food!). I thought it was funny.

Anyway...... after the movie he takes me home and then spends the next two hours (yes, 2) in the car talking about how he is not, really NOT dating the woman. I tried to get words in edgewise, tried to excuse myself..... finally, I just cut him off and told him I had to go. What I got out of that was..... he was looking to start up with someone else - quick - because he had been dating (yes, it was dating) this woman for about 5 years and had no intention of ever marrying her. Oh --- and --- he was really, REALLY attached to his mom. Very much so. Ug. No more blind dates for me!

(Though you will note that I, too, avoided bloodshed and cussing) :laugh:

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2010 06:09 PM

:ROFL: Godslamb, not two hours! You might have one upped me with that one. You are so nice! I don't know if I could have endured the 2 hour car talk. Well, we live and learn.

Yes, thanks for not cutting him. :laugh:

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2010 06:11 PM

2 hours! my goodness.... God bless you Godslamb, lol @ avoiding bloodshed and cussing. lmao

nyanda

Prov31_Lady

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Mar, 2010 05:53 PM

LOL! I'm sure y'alls dates were NOT so fun while you endured them, but they sure make for a good laugh now. Thanks for sharing!

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Mar, 2010 07:50 PM

dear lamb,,, lamby you are one patient lady hehe..

ole cattle

Page : 1 2 3 4 5