Admin

flirty v.s friendly
Posted : 11 May, 2010 03:02 AM

how do you distinguish the two?

View Profile
History
flirty v.s friendly
Posted : 19 May, 2010 07:23 AM

I was reading the book "Every Woman's Battle" by Shannon Ethridge the other night and there was a section on flirting. She said "Webster's dictionary defines the word flirt as 'to behave amorously without serious intent'... While it may be okay to act amorously (as if desiring romance) toward someone you are interested in developing a mutually beneficial relationship with, flirting is a different matter. Flirting could also be called 'teasing,' as the person doing the flirting has no serious intent... In my opinion, showing a sincere love and respect for others allows no room for flirting or teasing."

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
flirty v.s friendly
Posted : 19 May, 2010 07:35 AM

I think that's the reason I never got into the habit of flirting...why would I want to flirt with someone if I had no intention of dating or marrying him? And girls who flirted with every male they met really got on my nerves because I knew that they were not serious.

Of course, not having the "flirting gene" played a part in my not-flirting habit too, and my lack of the 6th sense kept me from responding with a flirt when a guy flirted with me! :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Page : 1 2