Author Thread: Passion&compassion...
amandajean

View Profile
History
Passion&compassion...
Posted : 11 Jul, 2008 11:17 AM

I have often had people tell me that Christians are not nice people, they are judgmental, overbearing and not accepting. I have always been insulted when people have said this. But, the more i thought about the more I realized they are often right. We get so caught in legalism and in what we are supposed to do; what a Christian is supposed to look like. We forget that Jesus loved people- he had compassion for people. One example of Jesus showing compassion is in Matthew 15:32 the Bible tells us Jesus felt bad for the crowd and wanted to feed them(feeding of the 4,000). I think we need to often take this mindset more. We need to be passionate about loving Christ and loving people. Non-believers are so turned off when our hearts aren't in the right place- if we are focused on loving Christ and loving people we will be Christ to this world....these are just some thoughts I had during my devotion this morning-felt lead to share them....any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated!

clrtex

View Profile
History
Passion&compassion...
Posted : 11 Jul, 2008 04:12 PM

Amanda,

It's hard when we are to be with the world but not of the world. If we act just like everyone else, then how will we reflect God's light?

There is a fine line between living right & not living judgementally. We are not to judge, but we must have prudence & discernment in our daily walk.

Amanda, you are so young. You will see that life makes you more guarded with its experiences. May God bless you, & may you bring many to Christ!

clrtex

View Profile
History
Passion&compassion...
Posted : 14 Jan, 2009 07:07 PM

That is what the world is in more need of. I am a single-mom of a 6 year old little boy diagnosed with Autism and Adhd.

where we face condemnation from the world constantly for my sons disorder.

It's not easy , but I trust fully in Gods love and mercy and healing power to do a complete turn around in our lives.

you seem like a kindhearted and compassionate person.

Godbless,

regards,

Arlena

View Profile
History
Passion&compassion...
Posted : 9 Mar, 2009 11:58 AM

@ OP:

True that, christians seem to be the only ones who shoot their wounded. It's an inherent flaw everyone should be seeing and taking note that truth has a bodyguard of lies. The bible also says to be of like mind.. and that divisions/denominations are *not* of God. Also says that it is of no private interpretation.. so we're all meant to fit together like one big puzzle, while the politics of denominations are something for people to fuss and argue about. Just remember to agree to disagree quite agreeably, agreed?

A load of legalism and tradition is when you start to cross into cult/religion territory. While many have probably heard that religion is mans attempt to find God, and chrisitianity is God's attempt to find man - through redemption of Christ's blood shed at Calvary for all sinners and accepting Him thereafter as one's Lord, Savior, Best Friend... it's a relationship which is like any other.. you nurture it and take care of it and it keeps growing.. neglect it or put zero effort into it and there is no real relationship at all.

The bible also says the tongue is an unruly evil, such that no man can tame, and also goes so far as to state we will be judged by every idle word, and those to preach + teach will be held in greater judgment.

Hopefully one day.. the true body of Christ that isn't caught up in denominations will realize we don't need any denominations, the traditions and rituals of men, both of which God hates in OT prevalently over NT.

Charles Stanley Sr is a good image of the patience and love of Jesus outside of Jesus Himself... gentle, loving, *and* unwilling to compromise. One day in the temple though when Jesus was turning tables it may just have inspired the protestant movement and subsequent division.. protest against "tolerate everything except intolerance" which is a contradiction within itself (defined by moral relativism - the indoctrination that all truth is relative to a particular culture or people as are right/wrong, issues of morality.) Problem with that.. when you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything.

Try to picture the purchase of a new car.. you're driving it home and *putt-putt-cough-stall* right on the railroad tracks. It wasn't going to be your lucky day when you woke up and realized you were out of coffee. Anyway.. a train is coming at you out in the middle of nowhere, your new car, and you suddenly have few choices:

a. Sit there trying to start the car as the train barrels down the rail at you.

b. Pop it in neutral and hope to push it off the tracks in time, keeping you safe in the process.

c. Getting out and running for your life.

Thing is, while you're sitting there trying to decide.. you're already making a decision to be hit while inside the car by default.

What side of the fence do you stand on? You cannot sit on top of the fence, Jesus said "be ye hot or cold" but lukewarm.. a "fencesitter".. a buffet table believer.... those are spat out in the book of Revelations.

Have a great day and God bless, my apologies for digressing today! :waving: