Author Thread: Question ... I've been asked this a lot recently... (Open to Men & Women)
Admin

Question ... I've been asked this a lot recently... (Open to Men & Women)
Posted : 4 May, 2010 06:09 PM

Question:

If you meet someone on line (Christian) and after talking/ getting to know one another the time comes you want to fly out to meet each other but live FAR from one another, do you offer the person flying out to stay at your home or do you have the person flying out stay in a hotel?

Answer: ...

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 May, 2010 06:16 PM

He would need to stay at a hotel, for sure.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 May, 2010 06:27 PM

Nevr ever have the other person stay at your home.You do not know them. I am actually writing about something similar in the biblical questions post.Dennis

InHisHonor

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 May, 2010 06:34 PM

The way I see it, the guy should fly out and stay at a hotel. The reason I say the guy should fly out is because the lady should stay on her own turf where she knows people and can be safer if something happens to be amiss.

Oh and it should be on his dime. (He should pay all expenses for it)

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 May, 2010 06:40 PM

Great answers !!!

I would very much agree !!!

I just thought I'd open this up to the forum as a lot of people have asked this of me just with in the past few weeks.

Therefore, I thought it may be a good question to put out there.

Rock4Christ

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2010 01:50 PM

I have not read everyone else's post so I do not know if this is a repeat or not. with that this is what I think-

It would be best if the person stayed elsewhere, I would even say a friends house over a hotel, and a hotel over your own place.

Already there is an interest between the two of you, specially if they are willing to travel a FAR distance to see you, why would you provide an atmosphere where that person could stumble, or possibly the both of you commit sin?

Also, I say a friends place, or even a relative, because they know you better than him/her (for those reading) and they will hopefully, give you a good place of suggestion based upon the way they behave in the short time there. It is true the proverb that says "love cocers a multitude of sins" it is also true about that same love to conceal some drastic bad habits, that you may not even see until its too late, i.e. marriage. When they stay with someone else of their same sex that is close to you and knows your likes and dislikes, then they will be able to see more about this person and hopefull instruct you in wisdom in regards to a future in the relationship.