Author Thread: National Day of Prayer....
Tarasye

View Profile
History
National Day of Prayer....
Posted : 6 May, 2010 04:21 AM

Please, Please Don't Forget to Pray this Day!

Tarasye

Catg72

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 May, 2010 08:04 AM

A dear spiritual mentor helped me organize my communities first NDP rally on Thursday. We are praying to make this an annual observance and working to elect it through our local Ministerial Alliance....even if it is deemed, "unconstitutional". We held a prayer rally at our courthouse flagpole, a balloon lift with individualized prayers attached to each balloon, followed by a traditional service at my church. My question is,... I'm looking for ideas on what other churches have done to celebrate the observance as well as some pointers on what has worked in the past.

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 May, 2010 01:31 PM

The county in which I live in GA always has a public ceremony/observance outside the county courthouse. I don't know if it's officially "county sponsored" or not (I would assume not), but most of the elected officials in the county attend. Usually, several pastors from area churches take turns praying, and a couple relevant hymns are sung. It's fairly short, and takes place around mid-day (when people are more likely to be able to get off work for a few minutes).