Author Thread: A sad day in the pathetic life of Pat Robertson and the 700 Club
atlfan27

View Profile
History
A sad day in the pathetic life of Pat Robertson and the 700 Club
Posted : 14 Jan, 2010 03:21 PM

Pat Robertson says Earthquake Result Of "Cursed" Haiti's Satanic Pact. Personally, I think he needs to check himself into a clinic. Seriously he does. His evil reign of extreme conservatism will come to an end.

I would start boycotting from watching the 700 club if i were you.

atlfan27

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jan, 2010 08:10 PM

The best solution to this problem is, just forget about the past, don't make the same mistakes like they did, try to help one another, and move on!

They "might" made a pact with the devil but we must ourselves, do you make a pact ourselves?

Have we considered that we sin every day but we have hope in Christ?

Here is a tip for you. Forget about Haiti's past but show compassion just the way Christ did. After all, the outcast, the sinners, etc accepted him instead of his own people.

Keep that in mind.

voski

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jan, 2010 09:54 PM

I'm with atlfan27 on this --

I'm sorry, but I cannot stand when people assume the will of God. It's legalistic Christianity that makes me ashamed to call myself a Christian at times. I'm not a perfect person, and since the wages of sin is death, I should have been put to death many years ago. Frankly, I've been blessed beyond belief to live here in America, and the people of Haiti (believers or not) deserve as much - if not more - than I do.

God is a compassionate God, that is something I can say definitively as it's derived from the Bible. If Haiti really felt the wrath of God for their 'pact with the devil,' can you imagine what's in store for the United States?

atlfan27

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jan, 2010 07:27 AM

Thanks voski, like I said before. I don't know why people fail to read about the life of Christ, seriously why do you y'all avoid that part of the scriptures? Did you know that he also hang out with Samaritans which was considered a huge no no for the Jews. Yet they accepted him as the Messiah.

Quite frankly the majority of Christians do act like the Jewish leaders of his day. Sad ain't it? Legalism is not biblical.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jan, 2010 07:04 AM

I do have a question for all of you, if that would be alright?

In some countries (including Haiti), Isn't there a spiritual struggle, that maybe some don't realize yet, or cannot see?

stormcountry33

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jan, 2010 10:56 AM

Hey Pup,

I absolutely think there is a spiritual struggle!! They have been doing things religiously so long that the practices of that religion now make up a part of their culture...yet at the same time, several of them are being introduce to Christ and Christianity and while they may be accepting of this new belief, it does somewhat interfer with what they have always known and therefore it does impede with their culture. I know of some missionaries who live down in Haiti and they talk of how people are open to God and Christ yet they can't put aside their witch doctors and similar practices because it is a part of their culture. So yes, there is definitely a struggle down there!

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jan, 2010 02:35 PM

Thanks Storm. :waving:

jimmypeters27

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jan, 2010 05:18 PM

You must not have heard all of Pat's comments. Do not listen to the media. If you listened to all of what he was saying he said that the country actually made a pact with the devil and did bring it on themselves. If they made the pact with the devil, which I am sure they did or he would not have said it, then they did bring it on themselves. He did not say it out of a lack of love I am sure he and the 700 club are sending money to Haiti.

atlfan27

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Feb, 2010 04:46 PM

Well personally, everyone are going some kind of a spiritual struggle. We should stop try to focus on Haiti and try to focus on ourselves. I freely admit that I'm struggling a lot. We should worry about helping those in need, that's all.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Feb, 2010 09:58 AM

dear folks, we are taught to fear GOD 1 peter 2:17 and many more verses.. and also we re not to worship anyone or anything else..

if theyre worshiping satan dont they realize theyre gonna make GOD very angry at them.. its kinda blasphamy when they turn their backs on GOD and make pacts with the devil.. id be very scairt were i them..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Feb, 2010 11:20 AM

Altfan,

you said: Remember, during old testament times; they used to stone people to death because of their sinful acts.

Rock on Jesus Christ!

WALTER: Remember it was God who commanded people be put to death for specific sins. Ultimately God will send people to the Lake of Fire for their sins if they do not repent and become saved.

Regarding Pat Robertson. Well he does have a tendency to open his mouth and change feet and I do not agree with his theology. I believe his statement was inappropriate. It does not mean that God did not have anything to do with the earthquake or not. We simply do not know and he certainly does not speak for God. We do know that earthquakes are going to occur and Haiti is on a "fault line". That is a geographical situation. Is God punishing them? I don't think we are in any position to say. After all look at all the other Pagan religions out there who deny Christ and the one true God. Is God pouring out His wrath and judgment upon them.....yet? NO! God is patient and wants salvation to come to all men though He knows ultimately most will not make it. But He is patient nevertheless. There will be a time when God will shake the Earth and His wrath will come and perhaps in our lifetime as many things indicate. But it is not time yet.

I think Pat Robertson did speak in error and it was highly insensitive and hurt Christianity. When we speak of things we need to speak in love and truth without condemnation.

Blessings!

Walter

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7