Author Thread: Fitness Challenge Week 1
Admin

Fitness Challenge Week 1
Posted : 16 Jan, 2011 05:51 PM

This weeks goal in the fitness challenge is to drink 8 8oz glasses of water per day and walk the equivalent of 1 block for 4 times this week.

Over time we will increase the fitness challenges.

View Profile
History
Fitness Challenge Week 1
Posted : 18 Jan, 2011 08:44 AM

Tulip, the challenge was to walk about the equivalent of a block. I have a feeling you easily surpassed that yesterday.

Also, the link you posted answered the question I asked, as to whether we could or could not count tea and the juice of fruit as water. But it apparently allows coffee drinkers to count coffee as well.

Tulip89

View Profile
History
Fitness Challenge Week 1
Posted : 18 Jan, 2011 10:03 AM

I saw this article on Yahoo and thought I'd repost it for y'all:http://health.yahoo.net/articles/weight-loss/8-amazing-blogger-weight-loss-transformations

View Profile
History
Fitness Challenge Week 1
Posted : 18 Jan, 2011 01:15 PM

I already drink 64+ oz of water per day! Yay! I LOVE water, though! Walking... Not so much. Presently, I'm supposed to be taking it VERY easy due to a medical issue I have going on. However, I'm going to attempt some really light yoga this week and continue doing that until I have the okay from the doc. to do something more rigorous.

View Profile
History
Fitness Challenge Week 1
Posted : 18 Jan, 2011 04:14 PM

Well, I have another problem. I already walk and do a calisthenics regime, but I'm under weight. Today I went out and bought some whey protein, Boost, ice cream, and a blender. I need to gain 25 lbs. Wish me luck!

View Profile
History
Fitness Challenge Week 1
Posted : 18 Jan, 2011 08:25 PM

I measured 8 ounces in a measuring glass to see how much it looked like in a glass.

That is as far as I got....Today = Epic Failure

Try again tomorrow!

Elisa

View Profile
History
Fitness Challenge Week 1
Posted : 18 Jan, 2011 08:33 PM

Well, I got half the water in today. So, making progress, but still not there.

Did get my walking in. Walked a block and stairs 4 times.

MargoSolo

View Profile
History
Fitness Challenge Week 1
Posted : 18 Jan, 2011 09:02 PM

I have this really big thermos thingy that I thought was 64 oz (8 glasses). Here I am drinking it all proud of myself and look at the bottom it says 32 oz!

But hey, I will keep at it. This has helped, because anything that can get me to go from drinking nothing but diet coke (yes, I said nothing but diet coke) to this much water is a good thing.

View Profile
History
Fitness Challenge Week 1
Posted : 19 Jan, 2011 09:12 AM

Yeah Margo, and 2 think, you only have to drink 2 glasses

But honestly, it's a lot easier than most people think, in consuming 64 oz of water, if you count, tea, coffee (ugh, is that a real drink), and fruits. Maybe we can count even some vegetables, who knows? But, if you stick strictly to water, than consuming at every meal and snacks during the day will allow you to drink it faster.

Now, does anyone have tips for those who've mentioned they are trying to bulk up?

View Profile
History
Fitness Challenge Week 1
Posted : 19 Jan, 2011 09:38 AM

Today's Wednesday:excited:Sorry I'm late!

Those eight cups of coffee I drank yesterday kept me awake all night.

My tip for bulking up is instead of drinking the 8 glasses of water Kat wants you to, drink 8 milkshakes.

chevy

View Profile
History
Fitness Challenge Week 1
Posted : 19 Jan, 2011 10:49 AM

Margo, chevy and V Kat,

:ROFL:

Who would of thought reading the fitness tread could be so funny!

Page : 1 2 3 4 5