Author Thread
MargoSolo

View Profile
Marriage or Specifically Christian marriage?
Posted : 4 Mar, 2011 10:21 AM

Ok, I know I don't qualify because I am still single, but I have been fortunate enough to be around a few couples who demonstrate this. It helps to know where to set the bar. :)

MargoSolo

View Profile
Serious Calvinism Question...
Posted : 4 Mar, 2011 06:17 AM

Two, I'm sorry, I honestly don�t know what you�re getting at. I answered as honestly and completely as I could. I mentioned the historical, prophetic, sovereign, and spiritual reasons for God�s reason for choosing this method of Christ death. I�ve mentioned His love and suffering for us and in knowing that He suffered so much, and included scripture. We know that we have a high priest that is familiar with our sufferings. (In fact, He suffered more than us).

What is offensive to me is how men treated Him in His earthly life and on His way to the cross. Yet, we know that was part of God�s plan. I�m sorry again ~ please clarify what you are getting at. Thanks.

MargoSolo

View Profile
Posted : 3 Mar, 2011 10:34 PM

Ok PJ, whatever you say.

:toomuch::laugh:

Margo

MargoSolo

View Profile
Posted : 3 Mar, 2011 10:13 PM

Crucifixion was the capitol punishment at that time, reserved for the worst of criminals. Jesus Christ was humiliated, forced to carry the cross, beaten, spat at, and verbally abused as he carried His cross. As convicted, He suffered the capital punishment associated with the accused crime.

More importantly, the suffering of His death was foreshadowed in the Old Testament. We see it in the bronze snake lifted up in the desert among the Israelites, and the blood on the frame of the Passover. It was prophesized and described in the book of Isaiah:

He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed." �

Isaiah 53: 3-6

It was God�s will:

Yet it was the LORD�s will to crush him and cause him to suffer, and though the LORD makesf his life a guilt offering, Yet it was the LORD�s will to crush him and cause him to suffer, and though the LORD makesf his life a guilt offering,

he will see his offspring and prolong his days,

and the will of the LORD will prosper in his hand. (Isaiah 53:10)

We hear so much about human suffering and we question God about it, but looking at the suffering of Christ on the Cross we cannot say too much more when we consider that He allowed His own Son to die in this manner.

PJ, true justice is a Holy God giving sinners like you and I exactly what we deserve ~ hell and eternal separation from Him. God�s mercy has overridden that by causing even one of us to turn to Him!

God�s justice and love intersect at the Cross.

MargoSolo

View Profile
Posted : 3 Mar, 2011 08:01 PM

Christ had to die on the cross because His death was required to pay the penalty for our sin. If God just picked the elect without Jesus dying for them, there is still the problem of sin that is unatoned for. God is Holy and will not even look upon sin. It is not election that saves, it is Christ's death and resurrection that saves. Election points to the Cross. God is just, and to simply elect sinners without the justice to pay the price for their sin is against the nature of God.

Speaking of justice, He did not have to pick any of us at all, and He would be completely justified in doing so. BUT the fact that He has provided for salvation at all not only shows His justice (He does not turn a blind eye to sin), but also His tremendous love.

MargoSolo

View Profile
Catnip
Posted : 1 Mar, 2011 11:21 AM

**Disclaimer: I was kidding about that**

MargoSolo

View Profile
Catnip
Posted : 1 Mar, 2011 11:17 AM

I tried to get my cat to pray the sinner's prayer...tried to hold her little paws together but she wasn't havin' it!!

MargoSolo

View Profile
I just want to say
Posted : 1 Mar, 2011 11:13 AM

PJ I have been following the threads and I don't remember anyone saying that illness, disease, calamity, war, etc. are a direct result from God. God does not cause evil, but He allows it. He allows it so He could put His judgement, justice, veneance, and wrath on display. He also allows it so He could put His grace, mercy, kindness, forgiveness and redmption on display.

Someday God will destroy all evil and glorify Himself in doing so.

MargoSolo

View Profile
Catnip
Posted : 28 Feb, 2011 08:19 PM

Of course, I give my little Jetbo catnip AND tuna.

=^^=

meoww!

MargoSolo

View Profile
question?
Posted : 28 Feb, 2011 10:06 AM

Well, since questions are good, why don't you start a new thread with that and help me with the others I have?

So you are saying that something has happened that God expected to happen but didn�t happen? (ie. People are in hell right now). Wouldn�t that make Him less than omnipotent?

And if that is not the case, (and He already knows they won�t choose Him), why would He create them knowing they will go to hell?

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10