Author Thread: Fitness Challenge Week 1
Admin

Fitness Challenge Week 1
Posted : 16 Jan, 2011 05:51 PM

This weeks goal in the fitness challenge is to drink 8 8oz glasses of water per day and walk the equivalent of 1 block for 4 times this week.

Over time we will increase the fitness challenges.

MargoSolo

View Profile
History
Fitness Challenge Week 1
Posted : 21 Jan, 2011 09:59 PM

Thanks for the encouragement. I got 32 oz. in today, and I need the accoutability to stick with it. I know for me its something I've needed to do for a long time. My beverage diet has been toxic for years. (Just diet coke).

View Profile
History
Fitness Challenge Week 1
Posted : 22 Jan, 2011 08:05 AM

So.... Kat..... since you started this on the 16th, do we all report our progress tomorrow, the 23rd?

How does that work?

View Profile
History
Fitness Challenge Week 1
Posted : 22 Jan, 2011 09:03 AM

Yep, and then we start on the new challenge again on Monday. If everyone agrees, I think next week's challenge should be the same as this week, so that we can start off slow and build up momentum. Also, for those of us who are having a little bit of a struggle, it won't seem so overwhelming.

What are your thoughts?

Elisa

View Profile
History
Fitness Challenge Week 1
Posted : 22 Jan, 2011 09:32 AM

My two cents:

We are still mastering this challenge so are not quite ready to move on to the next level.

And, at 11:30, I have 67 ounces of water in me and working on another bottle. Walking, not happening. Just walking to the sink to fill up the water bottle is winding me (flu is kicking my backside).

View Profile
History
Fitness Challenge Week 1
Posted : 22 Jan, 2011 02:18 PM

Ok, that sounds good to me. I'm going to report today since tomorrow is going to be full from sunup to sundown.

Water: at least 32 oz a day, up to 48. That's the most I can manage. Almost every day I had 40 oz.

Walking: 4 1/2 miles total (slow week).

Elisa

View Profile
History
Fitness Challenge Week 1
Posted : 23 Jan, 2011 05:09 AM

This week, transitioned off of diet coke to water. As Margo said, was toxic.

Started slow, but built up to the full amount of water with some extra.

Walking: started off great. Stopped the last two days in favor of sleeping off the flu.

Mixed results this week. As soon as can, will head back to walking. The hard part is going to be staying on the water and leaving the soda alone.

View Profile
History
Fitness Challenge Week 1
Posted : 24 Jan, 2011 10:02 PM

Didn't post this last week, but did not do as good on walking, but did increase my water intake.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5