Author Thread: Punk/Ska/Hardcore?
OutOfStep

View Profile
History
Punk/Ska/Hardcore?
Posted : 15 May, 2011 06:34 PM

Anyone? My dad is a music pastor, moms is a music minister. Majority of christian music is monotonous, repetitive, and sappy. I need more, and have seen many amazing christian bands in my life that defy the Sunday grind. Am I alone on this island of a website?

View Profile
History
Punk/Ska/Hardcore?
Posted : 27 May, 2011 09:13 AM

hardcore all day here. Sleeping Giant, A Plea For Purging, In the Midst of Lions, the list goes on. i love those bands.

Im not much for contemporary christian music, in fact I tell people if they ever become christian that I apologize we have such awful music.

But the thought occurred to me that the music isnt for me, it's for God.

blessings

View Profile
History
Punk/Ska/Hardcore?
Posted : 9 Jun, 2011 11:50 PM

To each his own.:rocknroll:No punk for me.

claudyaaa

View Profile
History
Punk/Ska/Hardcore?
Posted : 13 Jun, 2011 01:54 PM

I totally get what you mean. A lot of christian music sounds the same and as fan of ska, it's a little disappointing. I did happen to come across a band called The Insyderz which is christian ska, and they're pretty cool. But I totally get where you're coming from.

thenerdymusician

View Profile
History
Punk/Ska/Hardcore?
Posted : 7 Jul, 2011 10:49 PM

No sir you are not alone. Hardcore/Metal all the way.

wretched58

View Profile
History
Punk/Ska/Hardcore?
Posted : 9 Jul, 2011 10:20 AM

Same here. I'm not a fan of the over synth poppy worship songs.

Have any of you visited comeandlive.com?

Sheena19

View Profile
History
Punk/Ska/Hardcore?
Posted : 12 Aug, 2011 07:40 PM

Totally with ya. But trust me, if you look hard enough, you'll find what you're looking for. I found a whole world of Christian music of all genres. Now, I can listen to punk, metalcore, alternative, and every other genre of music with a message w/out it having to repetitive. (Some sites that might help: tvu.com, jesusfreakhideout.com, toothandnail.com)