Author Thread
OutOfStep

View Profile
upon request more Jew hating quotes from martin luther
Posted : 19 May, 2011 08:40 AM

I get that. I guess the closest thing I have for comparrison is my familys history with being Irish Catholic. Whereas my family came to this country as a result of the english raping my family(literaly), id like to think that even with all the hate I could hold, and all the justification I have to justify that hate, that God calls on me to put it down. Please don't let the "Catholic and christian" beliefs held by both cloud the issue. Social and personal injustices were committed. Do I hold a justified grudge? Pointless. If I ever decided to preach Gods word though, it would be equality and love. Ill leave the bombings to someone NOT in a spirtual leader role.

OutOfStep

View Profile
more quotes of a christian church Jew hating father
Posted : 19 May, 2011 08:22 AM

Dg, I would not be as base as to attack you or your personal history. I don't even know you, and even if I did, it would take A LOT more than a debate on a message board to "get my goat". I work security at a few of the local bars at night. I have drunk people behaving insanely, and I manage to keep a cool head through it with a smile on my face and God at my back. My comment was geared towards martin, and his leaving of the church. I went to public school, unlike my siblings. So I am familiar with not just the christian version of history, but the worlds as well. Its amazing how much these two conflict at times! But long story short, no sir, I did not intend for you to take my comment as a paeronal attack. In the future, it would help to know that I don't attack individuals personaly. Its counter-productive to discussions, and derails the purpose of revealing the Truth in Gods Word.

OutOfStep

View Profile
Posted : 18 May, 2011 09:05 AM

I read every bit of what you all have stated, on both threads. I am merely drawing on the information that has been written by both sides of this point and was verified by both sides. In his quotes, martin states that jews should have their schools burned, not be allowed to work for a living, houses razed and destroyed, and deported. Wow. That's pretty low. I guess that from my objective point of view, God wants us to love others, regardless of what they do. But if I was subjective, and I felt that martin was a "good guy", I can see why he's using God to further political reforms, ie, petitioning royalty to not grant them protection. If I thought he was a "bad guy", id say he's just a jew hater, and probably is responsible for killing Kennedy, too. But I don't choose sides. I go by what God calls on us to do. Give unto Ceasar what is Cesars. So I "get" that jews were being jerk-faces. But that's no excuse to preach hate.

OutOfStep

View Profile
Posted : 18 May, 2011 08:53 AM

I'm familiar with 9-11. D.C. is small town. My moms best friends aeronautics co. was on the plane in DC. My co worker died in the pentagon. My coworkers were Honor Guard from Ft. Meyers. 1st on the scene. My boy Josh(also PK) 19, found crazy stuff inside the pentagon (not appropriate). We had a lot of "near misses" too. But I have a lot of muslim friends. You can't hold a group responsible for the actions of one person. Id like to cite OK city as an example. One man, with ties to christian(radical) religious and terrorist organizations attacks this country in the name of a domestic terrorist viewpoint, based on the Bible. So we hate all christians now? I don't get it. I guess its the idea that because they are doing it, so should I, and in fact step it up a notch.

OutOfStep

View Profile
Home Schooling vs. The World
Posted : 18 May, 2011 07:18 AM

Pros? Cons? Were you/would you home school, and how are you doing in thea adult world now?

OutOfStep

View Profile
Christian Dating
Posted : 18 May, 2011 06:52 AM

Eh, don't sweat it. Learning how to go on a date is az learning experience each time. I'm not sure anyone masters the art of a perfect date, as much as someone finally takes them off the market before they embarass themselves further.

OutOfStep

View Profile
Devolution vs Evolution
Posted : 18 May, 2011 06:40 AM

Babygirl, necessity is the mother of invention. Devo, good band...

OutOfStep

View Profile
Posted : 18 May, 2011 06:35 AM

Maybe I'm missing the point, 2. My thought is, if everyone else was jumping off the cliff, would you? If God tells you, specificaly you, don't jump off the cliff, would you? Just because these people are doing terrible things, should you preach hate? War itself is tricky enough of a subject, but this isn't Patton that martin sounds like, its more along the lines of a radical muslim. I understand being torqued at the people in charge. I got dems and reps making all these decisions for me and mine, fighting over rich people stuff, and enslaving the populants with credit cards (endentured servitude)and mortgages(share cropping). But I don't preach hate for all politicians, to burn t heir houses down. I understand "revolution". Martin was preaching "kick a man while he's down". I'm a fighter: you don't do that. Do what us Irish did when we got here: breed out the problem. If everyone is Irish, no one will care if you complain whatever the problem, you have options. So yes, the sentiment at the time was anti-jewish, I don't doubt that. But is it really a reason? As a religious leader, aren't you suppossed to be above that?

OutOfStep

View Profile
Posted : 18 May, 2011 06:20 AM

Nah, I agree with you, 2. The Catholic church has done some of THE most grimiest things I've ever heard of. Its only more shocking and appalling because they represent me, in a weird way. I'm Catholic because I feel more at home with the way its approached, my family of 35 years is there (a bunch of familys moved parrishs w Father Casey in 78), many reasons. But I am wholey familiar with our sorrdid past. I sorry if the impression is that I was "grouping" you. I merely meant that wether it was muslims, jews, or even unitarians, I just can't get behind that kind of rhetoric. I understand why, but I can't use the context of the time as an excuse. What will people looking back say about us now? We were at war with the Taliban, so I started spouting religious intolerance and burned my neighbors house down but hey: its ok. Everyone else hates them, too? I understand I may have an entirely different mindset. I live in our Nations Capital, Capital of the "Free World". An international city, 5he Chocolate City. I see all types here. I have friends of many denominations, from all over the world. These people are not all evil. I can't judge all by the actions of the few. My mom is a hospice chaplin for childrens oncology. She is a strong Catholic. Even though she is now familiar with the last rites and customs of MANY conflicting religions, she respects them, as she feels God called on her to show compassion, and to bring people to Him through this understanding. It takes a strong person to do so, not just in faith. This has given me an interesting perspective in tolerance. As for the jews, I don't know why Americans feel the way they do about jews. Some people don't tolerate them. I think we (America) supports Israel because its better that they have Jeruselum than the muslims because they are at least 1/2 right, and are needed to complete the End of Days. And 5they make nice guns...

OutOfStep

View Profile
Views regarding giving a yahoo messenger or skype account for people u just met recently online..
Posted : 18 May, 2011 05:58 AM

When someone gives me their skype or yahoo immedeatly, I think one of two things:1. They want to say or do things that this website wouldn't approve of, which means I probably wouldn't approve. 2.they want to hustle me. Either way, I don't have it from my phone, so its a moot point as to "why". People on this website need to stop and smell the roses. Take your time, no rush.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9