Author Thread: SUBMISSIVE???
SHANTEL7

View Profile
History
SUBMISSIVE???
Posted : 14 Dec, 2008 03:05 PM

HOW DO YOU VIEW THIS???

ALOT OF MEN THAT I MEET OR DATE..TAKE THIS TO THE EXTREME THEY WANT A WOMAN WHO IS GOING TO STAY HOME AND MANAGE IT... (WHICH IS OK) BUT WHAT ABOUT WHEN GOD CALLS YOU TO DO SOMETHING OUTSIDE OF THE HOME?? WHAT IF YOU DECIDE TO HAVE CHILDREN STAY HOME WITH THEM AND WORK OUTSIDE THE HOME WHEN THEY GO OFF TO SCHOOL?? DO YOU IGNORE YOUR CALLIN (IF ITS A TRUE CALLING FROM GOD) TO PLEASE YOUR HUSBAND AND SILENT REGRET IT??

HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THIS??.. AND WHAT MAKES MORE SENSE TO YOU??

View Profile
History
SUBMISSIVE???
Posted : 18 Dec, 2008 04:13 AM

If God said it, That settles it.

Well, let's start with how much of the Bible is what God said. And since you seem to like at least one verse from the Bible, let's use it to answer our questions. Like I said in the first post, argue with God, He said it, I am just reminding you of it.

2 Timothy 3:16, ALL scripture is given by inspiration of God....How much scripture? ALL scripture.

Now all feminists quote the same scripture from the Joel prophesy, and we only got a small taste of part of it on Pentecost. It is an unfulfilled prophesy! Why do you think they always stop at verse 18? Because 19 and 20 prove that this prophesy has not been fulfilled. The earth and heavens are still here.

Now since we seem to be picking scriptures, let me give you a few in context. 1Cor. 14:34, 35- Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but, they are to be SUBMISSIVE as the law also says. And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for women to speak in church.

This was not a prophetic message, it was a guide for the churches at Corinth, and the other churches in the area. Copies of these letters went out to all first century churches.

Do I need to go on? This is really an easy subject, and has plenty of scripture to back it up. Lets look at the scripture that started this discussion.

Ephesians 5:22-24, Wives submit to your own husbands, AS TO THE LORD. For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is savior to the body. Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.

1Timothy 2:11-15, Let a woman learn in silence, with all submission. And I do not allow a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression. Nevertheless, she will be saved in childbearing if they continue in faith, love, and holiness, with self-control.

So, in closing.....our sister is right, listen to God. I have shown you what He says. The rest IS chaff, and that is what the feminists would deceive you into believing. Personally, I don't care one way or the other....I am not the one that will be held accountable for deceiving God's children. But how will it feel to kneel before a Holy God, and have Him ask you why you denied His Word?

Blessings to all,

Leon

mlthomas

View Profile
History
SUBMISSIVE???
Posted : 18 Dec, 2008 04:53 PM

Shantel7,

The bottom line is you are going to be accountable for doing the will of God for your Life. Eph 5:21 speaks about submitting to one another. That does not take anything from the role of the man.Submission have been misunderstood by most men.

Submitting to one another simply mean As a wife she submit to the will of God for her husband life AND LIKEWISE husband submit to the will of God for your wife life.

Because you as a women say you did mission work and you wanted to get married GOD WILL NOT TELL YOU TO STOP DOING MINISTRY BECAUSE JOHN DOE HAS CAME IN THE PICTURE.John Doe need to know that the will of God is priority for your life and you do mission work and this is you yearly schedule:How do you feel?

That is why it is so important as a single person to get in the will of God for your life and meet that person in the will with understanding vs You are married with kids and now want to get in the will.Getting in Gods will is good at any time but if you are married to someone with the MAN POWER ATTITUDE it may be harder because of your life responsibilities.:bow:

View Profile
History
SUBMISSIVE???
Posted : 18 Dec, 2008 06:57 PM

If the man is truly a man of God, he will also be involved in some kind of ministry as well, and you can help him with it. I never meant to say that you were not supposed to help. But as far as leading, it just isn't Biblical.

Our problem seems to be with the definition of submit. It is never to be used as a means of controlling someone. You submit voluntarily to the husbands headship. Anything more is force, and has no place in a marriage. You submit because you are aware of his role AND because you know he is doing God's will. If you don't know these things, or have to think about them, you shouldn't be married to that man.

But like everything, the choice to submit or not comes at a price. Deut. 30:19, "I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live.

Every decision you make in life, is either of God or of the world. Before you take anyone's advice....tell them to show you 3 scriptures that plainly say what they are advising you to do. If they can't do that, it is not of God, it is of the world.

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
SUBMISSIVE???
Posted : 18 Dec, 2008 11:24 PM

Brothers and sisters,

We have gotten way away from what is important here. This is a much debated subject. I apologize if I angered anyone, by way of an excuse, let me say I have a deep love for the word of God, and get too passionate at times.

The truth is, this is not a salvation issue. If you refuse to submit to your husband, I don't believe you are condemned. Like all the mistakes we make, we will face judgment. However, we will all be there anyway because we all fall short.

I think the division these discussions cause is worse than the issue at stake. So, once again, I ask your forgiveness and humbly withdraw from this debate.

May God bless you all abundantly,

Leon

View Profile
History
SUBMISSIVE???
Posted : 19 Apr, 2009 11:46 PM

This is what communication is for. Discuss this up front within the first few emails. If you two don't agree on it, fine, move on. Don't waste each other's time.

provider78

View Profile
History
SUBMISSIVE???
Posted : 5 Dec, 2009 07:46 AM

Submission is a very important issue in relation to marriage. Even before sin entered the world, there was still the principle of headship (1 Timothy 2:13). Adam was created first, and Eve was created to be a "helper" for Adam (Genesis 2:18-20). At the same time, since there was no sin, there was no authority for man to obey except God�s authority. When Adam and Eve disobeyed God, sin entered the world, and then authority was needed. Therefore, God established the authority needed to enforce the laws of the land and also to provide us with the protection we need. First, we need to submit to God, which is the only way we can truly obey Him (James 1:21; 4:7). In 1 Corinthians 11:2-3, we find that the husband is to submit to Christ as Christ did to God. Then the verse says that the wife should follow his example and submit to her husband.

Submission is a natural response to loving leadership. When a husband loves his wife as Christ loves the church (Ephesians 5:25-33), then submission is a natural response from a wife to her husband. The Greek word translated �submit,� hupotasso, is the continuing form of the verb. This means that submitting to God, the government, or a husband is not a one-time act. It is a continual attitude, which becomes a pattern of behavior. The submission talked about in Ephesians 5 is not a one-sided subjection of a believer to a selfish, domineering person. Biblical submission is designed to be between two Spirit-filled believers who are mutually yielded to each other and to God. Submission is a two-way street. Submission is a position of honor and completeness. When a wife is loved as the church is loved by Christ, submission is not difficult. Ephesians 5:24 says, �Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.� This verse is saying that the wife is to submit to her husband in everything that is right and lawful. Therefore, the wife is under no obligation to disobey the law or God in the name of submission.

Matthew Henry wrote: �The woman was made out of Adam�s side. She was not made out of his head to rule over him, nor out of his feet to be trampled upon by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected, and near his heart to be loved.� Believers are to submit to one another out of reverence for Christ (Ephesians 5:21). In context, everything in Ephesians 5:19-33 is a result of being filled with the Spirit. Spirit-filled believers are to be worshipful (5:19), thankful (5:20), and submissive (5:21). Paul then follows his line of thought on Spirit-filled living and applies it to husbands and wives in verses 22-33. A wife should submit to her husband, not because women are inferior, but because that is how God designed the marital relationship to function. Submission is not a wife�s being a �doormat� for her husband. Rather, with the help of the Holy Spirit, a wife submits to her husband, and a husband sacrificially loves his wife.

GOTQUESTIONS.ORG

Page : 1 2