Author Thread: SUBMISSIVE???
SHANTEL7

View Profile
History
SUBMISSIVE???
Posted : 14 Dec, 2008 03:05 PM

HOW DO YOU VIEW THIS???

ALOT OF MEN THAT I MEET OR DATE..TAKE THIS TO THE EXTREME THEY WANT A WOMAN WHO IS GOING TO STAY HOME AND MANAGE IT... (WHICH IS OK) BUT WHAT ABOUT WHEN GOD CALLS YOU TO DO SOMETHING OUTSIDE OF THE HOME?? WHAT IF YOU DECIDE TO HAVE CHILDREN STAY HOME WITH THEM AND WORK OUTSIDE THE HOME WHEN THEY GO OFF TO SCHOOL?? DO YOU IGNORE YOUR CALLIN (IF ITS A TRUE CALLING FROM GOD) TO PLEASE YOUR HUSBAND AND SILENT REGRET IT??

HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THIS??.. AND WHAT MAKES MORE SENSE TO YOU??

View Profile
History
SUBMISSIVE???
Posted : 14 Dec, 2008 05:32 PM

Let me start by saying that I am aware that this is going to be offensive to some, and for that I apologize in advance.

I believe the reason we have so many women called today is that the men have dropped the ball, and someone has to do it.

With that said, let me add that God will never contradict Himself. If He sends a Godly man, who is willing to spiritually lead, you will not be called. God is not the author confusion.

If you think you are called, and here looking for a strong Christian brother, you will have to give up one of them, and the Bible is very clear about which it should be. I don't blame a woman for leading if that role is vacant, but the Bible gives us roles for a reason. When we get away from that, there are always consequences. In this case a nation with a 51% divorce rate and climbing.

Like I said, I know this is not a popular opinion, but don't argue with me, God is the one who said it. All I did was remind you of it.

Blessings,

Leon

Elisa

View Profile
History
SUBMISSIVE???
Posted : 14 Dec, 2008 06:26 PM

To give a bit of perspective, I have worked my entire adult life to build a career in education and am currently about halfway through a doctorate.

That being said, one of the largest problems in our society is women working outside of the home. Until there are children, I am not going to address the issue. That is between the husband and wife. Once there are children, the situation changes drastically.

I hear on a regular basis from parents who say they both have to work to make ends meet. My suggestion, go on a financial diet. It is more important in most cases for the mother to be home raising the children. Working in Central America and Mexico, I saw men and women sacrifice greatly to raise their children. In the US, I see men and women giving their children lots of expensive toys and wracking up a huge debt, but spending very little time with them.

On a regular basis, I teach students social skills, hygiene, morals, and basic manners. In public school, I cannot teach religion, but I can model it. These precious children have no one teaching them at home nor caring for them. They do have an iPod, a cell phone, an Xbox, TV, internet, stereo, and LOTS of free time for mischief. An old adage says idle hands are the devil's workshop. Adages often stay around because they are true.

Many parents are so tired after working all day, they simply want to be left alone for some me time (I hear this regularly). When it is a one parent home, I feel sympathy. When there are two parents, I feel disgust. Sell the big house, quit buying the expensive stuff, and invest your time in raising your children. If you do not wish to spend time with them or take care of them, do not have them.

In Belize, I knew families living subsitance level lives, praying for their next meal, yet blissfully happy. The divorce rate was so much lower. Each person had a role and responsibiliities. Both were valued. I saw men working 18 hour days to support their families, and doing so with love and devotion. Women labored in homes with no running water or electricity, yet kept a welcoming and loving home.

Children do not raise themselves. They need nurturing and guidance. They need their parents.

In this instance, I must agree with Leon, the husband and wife have different roles. Both are equally important. The divorce rate has skyrocketed in our country because we have unrealistic expectations and we forget to seek the Lord in major decisions.

Well, I have said my piece and am ready for the hate mail.

Whether you agree or disagree, may God bless your richly,

Elisa

cranston

View Profile
History
SUBMISSIVE???
Posted : 14 Dec, 2008 07:44 PM

Now I stand in agrement with Klmartin, some will disagree but I know who I serve: If you're to know what a marrage represent or how the Lord view marrage you would not have that problem: As a wife if you are to know your position and your husband his, you will not have any confusion, also test the spirit to see if it is of the Lord. Word of advice the Lord test but the enemy temp.

View Profile
History
SUBMISSIVE???
Posted : 16 Dec, 2008 12:16 PM

:applause:

Verry Interesting comments.

The fact that men in general have gotten so sorry, so lazy, so deceitful, so mean and so nasty that women have to work cannot be denied. The fact that the cost of living in almost every country is so high that both marriage partners need to work cannot be denied either. Also single mothers make up 90% of the single parent families.

Now the Word of God says:

Acts 2:17-18 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon ALL flesh and your sons AND your DAUGHTERS shall prophesy. And your young men shall see visions and your old men dream dreams. And on my servants AND on my HANDMAIDENS I will pour out in those days of my Spirit and they SHALL prophesy.

Soooo....my advice? Listen to the One who wakes you up in the morning and who watches over you while you sleep.

Hes the One with your "Enter into Heaven" ticket. :bow:

Hes God Your Father. All else is chaff in the wind.......>>.

Peace & Love

Seleta

:yay:

View Profile
History
SUBMISSIVE???
Posted : 16 Dec, 2008 01:44 PM

Sooo.... we have over half of out population in single parent homes, but according to many it takes two incomes to survive? And since this is the case.....we are allowed to blow off what the Bible tells us our roles are to be? I am sorry, but political correctness does not now, nor has it ever made the Bible obsolete.

We either believe in the word of God or we don't. We can't pick and choose the verses we want to believe. If we do that, we might as well throw out the whole thing, and forget about God.

Please be careful what you teach, we are held accountable for it.

Much love,

Leon

View Profile
History
SUBMISSIVE???
Posted : 17 Dec, 2008 10:39 AM

In agreement with a few of the members here. In marriage, if it was ordained and crafted into reality by God, there really should be no confusion at all about what to do.

Yes, men are called to be spiritual leaders.. but many are far from being ready. We actually live in a cursed generation because so many people are not being fathers. The way I've been taught is such that husbands are to love their wives, and be their sancitifier.. not their savior. Jesus is anyones savior who chooses but being a husband and being a christian is about being the washer of another's feet, guarding a womans heart and body so that God can help her be a helpmeet to the husband for God's calling in his/their life and help raise the children. From the beginning we were called to send out little lights into the world... and folks you do not want the public school systems indoctrinating your children with theory and fact - those are a world away from truth and subsequently not truth due to the nature of truth. Some of you will know what I'm typing about.

For a woman on the other hand, nowhere in my KJV is there ever a specific commandment or instruction for a woman to love her husband. (not trying to mislead here but rather point to a fact) A wife is commanded to respect her husbands spiritual leader role in the home( if it doesn't adhere to scripture you take it to the church immediately ), and her duty in turn is to guard her husbands head/mind - to keep it focused on Jesus and God's word.

Anyway.. submission. Boy, that is an ugly word to a lot of people. If it is seen in the wrong light, or with the wrong set of glasses it can look really ugly. Let me propose this however:

If you submit yourself to God, does it bless you?

If you are in complete submission to God, are you blessed?

If a husband and wife are mutually submitting to each other, is that relationship blessed?

If neither will submit to the other for biblical focus and the great mandate.. perhaps those 2 should not have joined in marriage

(yea/nay.. anything more than this comes from below)

God bless all, have a great day!

View Profile
History
SUBMISSIVE???
Posted : 17 Dec, 2008 02:32 PM

Hmmmm. Once again, because of the beliefs of the world, we have watered down the Word of God to mean what we want it to mean.

If you want to talk about what the KJV does not say.....It never, no not once, says for the man to submit to the woman. Nor does it say the woman is to submit if.....NO, it says, wives submit to your own husbands. Not, weeelllll.....if he does this the way you like.....or, if you agree....No submit means submit. Love means love. Not only if she doesn't gain 20 pounds, or only if she does exactly as I say.

Men, and women, want the other to follow the Bible outline of what they are supposed to do, but boy do the exceptions start to come out when we talk about their part. You want truth? The real TRUTH is that there are NO exceptions. Period. Not one. You are to do what the Bible tells you to do, and your spouse is to do the same. You can never control another person, so let them be judged for their own behavior. But remember the emphasis God puts on the marriage relationship.....if you think judgment won't be harsh for disobedience, you better start reading again. So......go ahead and make excuses or exceptions.....just think about the cost, in this world and the one to come.

Love and truth,

Leon

View Profile
History
SUBMISSIVE???
Posted : 17 Dec, 2008 04:36 PM

And yes, I am talking to myself as much as anyone else. I failed in part of my duty as a husband by not making sure my family stayed focused on God. I know I will be judged accordingly. Don't make my mistakes.

Love and grace,

Leon

View Profile
History
SUBMISSIVE???
Posted : 17 Dec, 2008 07:40 PM

:peace:

God Said:

Acts 2:17-18 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon ALL flesh and your sons AND your DAUGHTERS shall prophesy.

And your young men shall see visions and your old men dream dreams. And on my servants AND on my HANDMAIDENS I will pour out in those days of my Spirit and they SHALL prophesy.

Does anyone see where God says " if her husband can't handle your daughter or handmaiden preaching my Word, then she doesn't have to do it??"

No where to be found! :nahnah:

Who do we listen to ? God !!

What don't we not listen to? Confusion !! Doubt !!

Finding a scripture that doesn't go with what society wants doesn't not mean that it can be picked apart and rationalized.

**** IF GOD SAID IT.....THAT SETTLES IT!!

:yay: :yay: :yay:

View Profile
History
SUBMISSIVE???
Posted : 18 Dec, 2008 04:13 AM

If God said it, That settles it.

Well, let's start with how much of the Bible is what God said. And since you seem to like at least one verse from the Bible, let's use it to answer our questions. Like I said in the first post, argue with God, He said it, I am just reminding you of it.

2 Timothy 3:16, ALL scripture is given by inspiration of God....How much scripture? ALL scripture.

Now all feminists quote the same scripture from the Joel prophesy, and we only got a small taste of part of it on Pentecost. It is an unfulfilled prophesy! Why do you think they always stop at verse 18? Because 19 and 20 prove that this prophesy has not been fulfilled. The earth and heavens are still here.

Now since we seem to be picking scriptures, let me give you a few in context. 1Cor. 14:34, 35- Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but, they are to be SUBMISSIVE as the law also says. And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for women to speak in church.

This was not a prophetic message, it was a guide for the churches at Corinth, and the other churches in the area. Copies of these letters went out to all first century churches.

Do I need to go on? This is really an easy subject, and has plenty of scripture to back it up. Lets look at the scripture that started this discussion.

Ephesians 5:22-24, Wives submit to your own husbands, AS TO THE LORD. For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is savior to the body. Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.

1Timothy 2:11-15, Let a woman learn in silence, with all submission. And I do not allow a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression. Nevertheless, she will be saved in childbearing if they continue in faith, love, and holiness, with self-control.

So, in closing.....our sister is right, listen to God. I have shown you what He says. The rest IS chaff, and that is what the feminists would deceive you into believing. Personally, I don't care one way or the other....I am not the one that will be held accountable for deceiving God's children. But how will it feel to kneel before a Holy God, and have Him ask you why you denied His Word?

Blessings to all,

Leon

Page : 1 2