Author Thread: Shrimp No More
Admin

Shrimp No More
Posted : 2 Jun, 2011 12:31 AM

I had a date that went wrong, in a way i blame myself. It was back in late 05 or early 06. I was stationed in Japan at the time & was on a date at a nice restaurant. Everything from the ride there to our conversations was awesome. At the table we both decided to order shrimp, so far so good. It wasn't till i got the food when i started to flip out on the low. I honestly never saw shrimp served to people with the head still on it (with eyes intact, legs, etc). My date on the other hand was eating shrimp head & eyes like it was no big deal.

What made this worse was the fact that my shrimp seemed very unnatural compared to hers cause it was huge! I was almost looking at my reflection in this guy's eyes. Somehow feeling sick & sympathy for my food (it was watching me!) got the better of me. Needless to say my date found this very hilarious, but i couldn't touch it. And that was the day i felt like a wimp..over some shrimp lol. On another note, i redeemed myself on a later date..my tastebuds for shrimp will never be the same again.

View Profile
History
Shrimp No More
Posted : 3 Jun, 2011 12:57 PM

That's a funny story, So Genuine! Thanks for sharing. BTW, I Love shrimp!

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Shrimp No More
Posted : 3 Jun, 2011 01:57 PM

I love shrimp too...but I don't think I could have eaten shrimp with head, eyes, legs, etc.!!! I like mine deep fried until they are unrecognizable. (Come to think of it, that's the way I like all my seafood. If it looks like it could swim off the plate, I don't want it.)