Author Thread: Why do women on here not usually write the guy first?
Admin

Why do women on here not usually write the guy first?
Posted : 30 Dec, 2008 11:33 PM

I know in society men are supposed to be the dominent ones but still sometimes I wish if a woman was interested she'd let me know.

kidvid711

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jan, 2009 10:45 PM

Heh, we all live in a don't care world. Our society makes us that way. Once we get in a certain age we all stop looking. We just don't care anymore :)

Not just that, some of use have obstacles. Not everything is the way we want it. Some people actually put obstacles in front of themselves.

Those obstacles come from our society. Different ways of thinking, but one thing, Do what you believe in. It whats makes us who we are.

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jan, 2009 02:40 PM

I think it all depends on the person... I am shy at first and then I open up to a person. I dont like to chase after a guy im 27 right now I should act like a woman not a little girl who wants what she wants even if she cant have it yet lol... :hearts:. I am new on here and I see guys looking at my profile more than once and dont even communicate. I have written to some and they dont respond.. I give guys brownie points for writing back and saying sorry but not interested ...I dont want to push any guy at all I want to give some guy some space to decide if he wants to get to know me...:waving:

kidvid711

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jan, 2009 09:19 PM

Not only that. Sometimes the environment can effect the decision. Also depends who you are surrounded with etc. Some people can think both sides for you and oneself. Which brings up a negativity. Negativity is a good thing and bad, I trust those instincts . Some of it. :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jan, 2009 11:57 AM

Haha, reading the responses to this was funny. It's true that in any normal circumstance a man has to show enough courage to approach an interest, but is a dating site really a normal circumstance? Most of us are here because following the traditional ways of society didn't work for us. However, my main concern is all the responses that included some form of the phrase "I want the guy to do the chasing." Why play games. Love is real, and life is short, why waste time playing hide and go seek? That's what dating is for, is to find out if the person is worth marrying.

-Charles

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jan, 2009 01:28 PM

"Old Fashion" - "New fashion"

Couple questions:

Is the usage of Internet for meeting/dating an old fashion?

From the moment that we post our pictures, personality profiles, likes and dislikes, aren�t we proposing in a New Fashion way our availability to attract some one from somewhere?

What about being Bible Fashioned (even as we are presenting our selves in a New Fashion way) in our morals, ethics, and character expression through our letters?

Just a thought�.!!!!!

chozen2b

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jan, 2009 01:57 PM

I think none us like rejection even if it's by someone we don't know and may never see.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jan, 2009 03:04 PM

During biblical times, there were arranged marraiges. Is that what you're proposing as biblically fashioned?

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jan, 2009 12:53 AM

Yes indeed in Biblical times marriages were arranged and in some cultures this is still valid today. The father had the upper hand in choosing for his son�s or daughter�s future mate.

But this is not what I am proposing neither suggesting.

It is not wrong for a lady to write first but it is up to her conscious, and principles that she has and that is to be respected both ways.

What I called "Biblically fashioned" is: Bible principles that they never change as Integrity, Purity, Honesty etc.

lovinglife25

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jan, 2009 10:04 AM

Hey!

I've only been on here for a couple days, but I've noticed that women will view my profile after I have looked at theirs and then that is it.

I honestly don't know if I'm supposed to try and "wink" at them or write to them or what.

That is why I say in my profile just IM me. It's much easier and it is something that is causal. Have you ever gotten an IM from someone and said, "sorry not interested"?

It gives you a chance to build a friendship foundation and if you get to the point where one (or hopefully both) feels ready to take the next step it will be much less akward

Plus I think the majority of us can agree that if we don't meet "the one" it never hurts to have a few new Christian friends.

Just my 2 cents :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jan, 2009 06:37 PM

Old and old fashioned...well I feel that man was made to be the covering over the woman and not the other way around and God the covering over all.

Robin

Page : 1 2 3 4 5