Author Thread: Women what do you like to see in a man's profile on here?
Admin

Women what do you like to see in a man's profile on here?
Posted : 2 Jan, 2009 02:12 AM

What should a man tell about himself, what attracts you? Cause I've noticed I haven't gotten that many winks or views from the ladies. Does having a good headline attract you? Or is it physical too?

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jan, 2009 09:34 PM

Honestly, a headline does NOTHING for me. I rarely even look at it.

Pictures can be important but the MOST important thing is how a man describes himself, his life, his likes and dislikes and most importantly his relationship with God. Take the couple paragraphs to be completely candid about what's important to you and what you're looking for. Honesty is definitely something to be attracted to.

And as far as not getting many winks or messages...it might just be that there aren't a ton of girls on here that make that first move. If she looks at your profile and you look at hers and like what you see, try messaging.

I, personally, am one of those that finds it really hard to make the first move.

But don't get discouraged. :)

beluved_lily79

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jan, 2009 08:52 PM

I agree with the other girl that posted... Hearing where a guy is spiritually helps me to see what is important in his life and where he stands. As a girl that wants a man to make the first move, don't get discouraged about not getting winks and messages. I think alot of girls out there miss the man being the man and pursuing them. I very rarely will initiate anything and usually its only a wink to let the guy know that I liked his profile and then its up to him... if he likes mine then he can wink back or send me a message. I know its not easy but take the lead and show a woman on here that your not afraid of rejection... cuz that may happen... but it just means that she's not the one that God has for you... when you look at it from the stand point it makes it a little easier. Hopefully this helps!

P.S. A major turn off is when guys are posing with their shirts off and showing off their muscles!!! Guys on here want a woman that will be sensative and modest yet they don't think about guarding their "sisters" eyes! Its not something a woman of God needs to see! Thanks:rolleyes:

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2009 05:00 AM

Great post Beluved,

I HATE seeing the pictures of guys with their shirts off and posing for all to see their muscles. You might as well announce to the world that you are in love with yourself. No self-respecting woman is going to believe that you need anyone else to love you, because you left no room! Then we gals say to ourselves,"Forgot it, this guy wouldn't give me the time of day." Yes, we say that, even if we are the prettiest or godliest girl around. The same thing applies with showing us your cars and motorcycles. Unless we are really shallow or really young(where "bling" sells) we are not interested in your belongings. We want to know the man behind the myth!:rocknroll:

MissJoy

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jan, 2009 09:55 AM

I agree about the shirtless men. That is a real deal breaker for me. If he isn't wearing a shirt then I don't even bother reading the profile. But the one thing that ALWAYS grabs my attention is if they mention their Christianity. Also if the profile appears to have had a bit of thought and intellect put into it that helps.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jan, 2009 03:52 PM

The above posters have given great advice. One thing I might add that works well for me personally. It's when I see that he's from TEXAS!

:)

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jan, 2009 04:01 PM

Okay, the Texas comment may have been a little corny ~ so here's what I'm gonna do. This isn't a person's profile ~ but rather an email that I received today, which I thought was one of the best (early on) messages I've gotten. Perhaps will give you some idea of what we ladies might like to hear:

How are you this fine day?

Appears you are a women of character dare I say a Proverbs 31 gal.. I too believe in 1 Cor 13, one of my most favorate verses.... See we share in some of the same books ie.. CS Lewis and before Beth was as popular as she is now I had seen her a number of times....

Appreciate your authenticness, pretty cut and dry I can say by way of the grace of God I walk the talk and talk the walk but am far from what most would consider religious or your a typical "Christian" and even though I strive for perfection I am still but a rebelious and wayward sheep with an apple hanging out of my mouth, like you I am a very direct person and cut to the chase, if you have read a lot of CS Lewis you will understand this, the word Christian is a very subjective word, for me I believe that Christ is my savior and what He said on the cross hanging between two theives He meant, "It is finished" as far as east is to west and into the sea of forgetfulness are my transgressions cast, I am all me, the good, the bad, and the ugly as Paul so perfectly stated in another of his writing "I do what I don't want to do and don't do what I want to do" and "I am the cheif of sinners" I am not the type that will fly a banner of legalisticness nor Phariseeicness meaning I do not conform to what humanity defines being the right way to be a Christian, I do live the life God allows me wide and deep which means I do not profess to be a angel, I do though conform to God to the best of my fallenness... so if what you read appeals to you would enjoy getting to know you and see if there is chemistry between us, if not sincerely pray for you and your daughters contritely the very best in all your endeavors....

Okay, me again here. That email was followed by one that went into even greater detail ~ and I can assure you that this is a man I 'can't wait' to meet (good thing he lives within a 20 minute drive). Perhaps this isn't what all here may want ~ but I see a lot of character there. Wouldn't give a hoot what he looks like (just so happens his pictures are pretty hunky as well :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jan, 2009 09:44 PM

I read your profile and I dont like spiders. I would run but thats just me. I dont like snakes either....

jezcie

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jan, 2009 09:54 AM

1- look at his picture

2-then view his profile... see what he wrote.... :).

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jan, 2009 04:21 PM

Thank you my sister Lily for the PS, It is a major turn off when the men pose shirtless on their profile. I for one have no interest in a man who's body is his idol. Jesusfreak47

beluved_lily79

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jan, 2009 08:35 PM

So true! Thanks Bread Lady! Hopefully these posts will help the guys on here to understand all that...

God bless!