Author Thread: favorites
hesformeareyou

View Profile
History
favorites
Posted : 7 Jan, 2009 03:50 PM

Why would a guy add you to his favorites list if he hasn't ever sent you a message.? Just because He likes your profile or picture? He doesn't really know you if he doesn't start a conversation with you. It just seems weird to me. What do you all think?

View Profile
History
favorites
Posted : 7 Jan, 2009 04:18 PM

HI BETH!.......I KNOW!.......I KNOW!!

BECAUSE AS HE'S SEARCHING THROUGH PROFILES,

HE SEES THE LAIDES HE WILL LIKE TO GET TO KNOW

BETTER,PUT THEM IN HIS FAVORITES,AND COME BACK

AFTER SEARCH TO SEND OUT MESSAGES TO SEE WHICH

LAIDES SAW WHO VEIWED THEM,THEN HE WAITS AND

SEE IS ANY SENDS HIM A WINK OR MESSAGE SO HE CAN

DELETE THE ONES WHO DIDN'T TRY TO ATTEMP TO CONTACT HIM!!........CRAZY HUH!!.........LOL!

BRYCE.............:glow:

View Profile
History
favorites
Posted : 7 Jan, 2009 08:13 PM

Did you check his profile? He may be just outside your mail settings, and can't contact you. By adding you to favorites, he is allowing you to decide if he is worth changing your settings for. This has happened to me before I opened my settings all the way.

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
favorites
Posted : 8 Jan, 2009 08:55 PM

Girl...Girl....Girl...:ROFL:

The basic truth is that hes either lazy or needy.

Lazy: hes too lazy to make the first move by winking or emailing you himself.

Needy: hes so wimpy that he needs you to contact him so he feels like hes important. Your contacting him will give his small male ego a boost. :toomuch:

Either way, ignore him and move on.

There are plenty fish in the sea and God has the one for you

swimming up the coast!! :peace:

Peace & Love

Seleta

:yay:

hesformeareyou

View Profile
History
favorites
Posted : 9 Jan, 2009 10:34 AM

Bryce,

Thanks for filling me in. I guess it's true that guys and girls think differently about these kinds of things. That's why communication between us is soo important.

hesformeareyou

View Profile
History
favorites
Posted : 9 Jan, 2009 10:40 AM

Leon, thanks for your reply. but isn't that the reason for having the mail settings? Because we don't want to date someone who is too old or too young, smokes ect ect.... by opening your settings all the way isn't that like setteling for less than what you really wanted?. then to have to possibley let that person down just because of their age or something like that could be devistating to someone. thanks again for your input.

Beth

hesformeareyou

View Profile
History
favorites
Posted : 9 Jan, 2009 10:46 AM

Seleta,

Thank you for your reply. I too first thought the way you do about the situation. when it first happened to me i thought this guy just wants to keep my profile handy so he can look at my pics or something like that. So i messaged him and he basically said what Bryce did in his posted reply. It's a way for guys to bookmark us for later when they have the time and can think about what they really want to say to us. It is just something that i would not do so it seemed very strange to me when it happend a second time. Now i know it's nothing to get my feathers ruffeled up about. thanks again for your response to my question. i appreciated having another womans point of view on this matter.

Beth

Gourd00

View Profile
History
favorites
Posted : 11 Jan, 2009 01:11 PM

like someone said, it may be that he was picking out the ones he liked to keep a tab on them so he could contact them later. It could also be that hes been on too many paying dating sites and just figured that this one was no different for some reason, and so added u to favorites to show his interest in u so that u would message him, because he thought he couldnt message u.

It could also be that hes just weird or scared or shy.

View Profile
History
favorites
Posted : 11 Jan, 2009 01:50 PM

Hi Beth,

You are, of course, right about the mail settings. I was not trying to get you to open them against your will. I had just had that happen to me when I first got on here. When God told me I was to remain single, then I opened mine up because age doesn't matter in a friend. I understand the settings to be important, if you are seeking a mate, at least to some degree.

Love and peace,

Leon