Author Thread: An interesting experience
Admin

An interesting experience
Posted : 14 Sep, 2011 04:40 PM

A few years ago I got a phone call from some dating site person from another site. I was asked some weird questions I will share like measurements, do I wear glasses at which he was horrified I do. I do not use them for close up.He also wanted ot know how much money do I spend on my clothes. I liketo look good without spending lots of money at which he also was horrified. He said he preferred someone who would only eat in fancy restaurants that cost alot and would only buy expensive clothes all the time.He said anyone less than that was not classy and not worth his time. Now me, I like candles on the table. I put them there and flowers I grow and I am a very good cook .He lost out with his ugly stepsister Cinderella. I just don't know why most men I have met want women who are like that or who will boss them around and cheat on them. It seems to attract them. Weird. But my best friends are guys and I know there's lots of good ones out there, and women too for you guys who are searching remember seek God first and that with God all things are possible!

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Sep, 2011 06:13 PM

your best friends are guys and why aren't you in a relationship with one of them then, stuck in the friend zone?

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Sep, 2011 02:56 PM

I think that friendship is the best relationship, the strongest. I think that it enriches my soul and it is great to know that my friends can trust me with things and know that I am there for them. They do not have to feel I will get jealous or feel uncomfortable with me. I grew upwith alot of male cousins and one I was very close to and sometimes miss. But my friends are people I love just like my family and I do not feel romantically inclined to any of them. Not that they haven't at one time or another asked me would I like to go out. Just I prayed and knew it was not for me to go out with them. I ask God to guide me in all my endeavors and am happy with my friends and life. :applause:

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Sep, 2011 03:00 PM

After thinking about the guy who insulted me because he felt I wasn't classy enough for him, I think if he really feels a woman has to spend or have alot of money spent on her, well, that is what one good friend says of his wife too. And he loves her and is happy, so to each his own. When my friend's wife was robbed and lost all her belongings I sent her new clothes from my store and my best ones. She used to be jealous of me but she cried when she got all the nice clothes. It's more blessed to give than to receive. I felt very good knowing I had helped them and my friend asked my advice as an older sister in Christ many times. I am so blessed to have friends, be they male or female. Relationships are seriously embarked on like any journey. Friendship is the most pleasant one to build on! God bless you all!:glow:

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Sep, 2011 03:07 PM

Actually it seems like your feathers are ruffled a bit. It shouldn't matter what any of us are looking for as what is right for you is what you are looking for. So, no, I am not stuck in any zone. And to guys who asked me if I felt I was too good for them, no, someone out there is maybe who they need. A person knows are they ready for marriage and if so, let them be friends first and married in love to eachother remembering how jesus example was to look always to Him first and to love eachother passionatley and truly and patiently. I do not do the dating game. I do the people and relationship journey and each special person adds so much to my life and shows me things about myself I never would have seen before. God belss you. I hope you find what makes your life complete and what you are looking for.:applause:

reignnewed

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Sep, 2011 05:23 PM

You should have told him to try calling a member of the Royal Court in England (LOL!). And true, there are still good men living.

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Oct, 2011 08:30 AM

the irony here is most of us guys are more worried that their lady might like to buy expensive cloths, makup, shoes, eat at fancy restaurants, and did I mention shoes? Not to say we want our ladies to dress nice. But there is something to be said with a woman who doesn't shop for clothes or chose restraints because they are expensive. I hate to use the word frugal but someone who isn't afraid to wear something because it doesn't say GAP, Amber Combie or whatever designer brand. I think it comes down to people who want to spend a lot of money on those things are drawn to the pride of wearing high dollar cloths and eating at expensive places. Their treasure is on earth and not in heaven, it is pride and wanting others see them and think... wow they are stylish and well off.

I have dated women before who had expensive tastes and I'm glad none of those relationships lasted. I'm more drawn to someone who is sensible.

EverybodyNeedsFriend

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Oct, 2011 06:20 AM

In your first post, you said that he said you were not classy�. Pooof! Any man who says you are not classy is not worth dating. When an acquaintance said I was not classy for not liking the Beatles, I asked him if he knew about the Monkeys�which he didn�t� I said he too was not classy and thus we mutually were unfit to date the other.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Oct, 2011 08:16 AM

hosier, what if a girl is frugal. What does that say about her. Brands are just excuses to charge more money for clothes. After all, they are made of the same material right? I would rather see someone frugal, that is saving for a big purchase in the future (house, future child's college fund) than someone who lives in the moment all the time. I do like to go out once in a while to do something, and those things cost money, but they do not need to be super expensive.