Author Thread: This is for both guys and girls..Do you believe it is okay to hold hands ,kiss,ect. while dating or engaged? Or do you believe you should abstain from all physicall contact until you are married/wether you were married before or not?
Admin

This is for both guys and girls..Do you believe it is okay to hold hands ,kiss,ect. while dating or engaged? Or do you believe you should abstain from all physicall contact until you are married/wether you were married before or not?
Posted : 22 Jan, 2009 09:01 AM

I have been told by man that say you shouldn't even hold hands before you are married..even if you have been married before. I am interested in knowing what you think about it and why you believe what you believe :)

ephesians522

View Profile
History
This is for both guys and girls..Do you believe it is okay to hold hands ,kiss,ect. while dating or engaged? Or do you believe you should abstain from all physicall contact until you are married/wether you were married before or not?
Posted : 29 Jan, 2009 05:02 PM

The Gnostic text because the Canonized church felt the need not to include them doesn't mean they weren't inspired by Christ, as a matter of fact a lot of what is now the New Testament incorporates much of the missing books because of incomplete records.

Interesting to know that Mary Magdalene actually became a disciple and spread the doctrine of Christ. For she was present during Jesus' time of torure, His crucifixion, and the first to see Him after He was risened. She was not recognized because the early church felt women weren't deserving of having religious authority.

Scholastically speaking, To be one like Christ, one would research and know everything about Christ.

Rev 22:18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. 19And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

Did Paul really write that and was that just restricted to the Book of Revelations?

ephesians522

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jan, 2009 05:18 PM

I apologize, it was "John" that produced the book of Relevation.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Feb, 2009 10:04 PM

I truly believe you shouldn't kiss, or a prolong kiss, holding hands yes, you are just showing that you are caring about that person, and why I believe, the Bible says not to put on the apperance of sin, and not to put yourself in a dangerous place or situation.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Feb, 2009 10:07 PM

It is not of fashioned it is the word, and I believe in it and what it says, the Lord only wants the best for us and He knows what we are made of and what and how much tempation we can handle or not handle.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Feb, 2009 10:11 PM

I must say if you will respect a lady that way then you really do care about her and the way she feels. keep up the good standards because God is looking at you and what you will do in a situation. God bless you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Feb, 2009 10:16 PM

Good point, you seem to have your mind on doing the right thing, and God is the one that sees all and knows all. So keep that frame of mind and you will be blessed with the right one, because many claim Christ but their heart is from doing the right things or even serving the Lord only in name not in deeds or obeying His word.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Feb, 2009 10:27 PM

Now you are talking Leon, at first I just wasn't sure where you were coming from, but now there is that serious side. that tempation is just that and you can't get around it but you can avoid it, The word says that the Lord does not cause tempation but He will give you a way out of it to escape it. Good advice Leon.God bles you:applause:

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Feb, 2009 11:53 PM

"I have been told by man that say you shouldn't even hold hands before you are married..even if you have been married before. I am interested in knowing what you think about it and why you believe what you believe"

Did you grow up Christian or in a Muslim community? No Really!

Kissing and holding hands is all part of courtship. The thing is to not let it get out of hand. If it is getting out of hand then you need to be adult about it and stop it.

I have always said this and I believe it....Kissing and hugging is okay..but until he says "I do" you don't!

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Feb, 2009 11:32 PM

OK I am fairly new here so HI to one and all! On the topic of "physical touching" as in kissing,holding hands, cuddling,etc. It says in the bible it is not good to "touch" a woman.(My paraphrase) Now that "touch" means to inflame for all you original language scholars. Furthermore the bible says we are to treat women we are in the company of like our sisters. So that is the answer. If you wouldn't do it to your sister (or brother) don't do it with the person you are dating. Whether you are dating, engaged, or previously married should not change that. Jesus and his disciples even embraced and kissed each other in greeting and as an expression of love.

Also we all do have individual smaller differences in what our interpretation of the bible and what it says is exactly. Paul spoke of this when he spoke of some who eat meat and others who do not in good conscience for their (personal interpretation) of holiness. Now THAT is important. If you believe God has called you to never physically touch a women you are married to I think God will hold you to that. But, that is not found anywhere in the old or new testaments as a standard. This is where I draw respectful but vehement exception with some other comments in this thread. Never ANYWHERE in the bible have I seen a single reference to the need to ignore or discount beauty or attraction in your choice of a mate. If anything the bible is full of references to beauty and the love between a man and women. The "sparks" DO matter. That's not lust, it is called attraction. It is your responsibility to control where that goes. I do have to offer a further caveat. For some those sparks may lead to lust or sinful action but the sin is your actions. So for some maybe hand holding is too much. For someone that previously was active or enslaved in this area ANY contact might be too much. You have to pray and let God guide you. I know I have a very good conscience that calls me to repentance and lets me know VERY well if I have violated it. This is why it is so important to have a close relationship with God so he can help you understand his words in the bible.

That said the idea of marrying someone I have no physical attraction to is preposterous. Furthermore the idea that this is the way ALL christian relationships should be stands on dubious or nonexistent biblical ground. But like I said, if that is your call then I believe God will hold you to that.

If I have offended anyone I apologize. I just have seen this legalism and personal conviction being put forth as a biblical fact, and it simply isn't. I highly respect and enjoy the biblical insights being put forward by so many on here but I finally felt the need to challenge what is being written.

With Love

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Mar, 2009 11:20 AM

1 Thessalonians 4: 1-8 addresses this issue. In 4:3-6 it says, "For it is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should obstain from sexual immorality; that each of you should know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor, not in passion of lust, like the Gentiles who do not know God; that no one should take advantage of and defraud his brother in this matter..."

So, the Bible refers to us as "brothers" before we are married. I believe before we are married, we should not engage in any activity with our boyfriend/girlfriend that would be inappropriate for us to do with our siblings. What kind of kiss would you give your sibling? You wouldn't make out with them, so you shouldn't be making out with your boyfriend/fiance. It stirs up the flesh and outside of marriage there is no outlet that pleases God. The flesh just tends to want more, so I think we need to stay very guarded. A kiss on the head or cheek is different from a more passionate lover's kiss or kiss on the mouth. I think the reason the pastor says, "You may NOW kiss the bride" is because the assumption exists that you haven't kissed as lovers until you are married.

Page : 1 2 3 4