Author Thread: This is for both guys and girls..Do you believe it is okay to hold hands ,kiss,ect. while dating or engaged? Or do you believe you should abstain from all physicall contact until you are married/wether you were married before or not?
Admin

This is for both guys and girls..Do you believe it is okay to hold hands ,kiss,ect. while dating or engaged? Or do you believe you should abstain from all physicall contact until you are married/wether you were married before or not?
Posted : 22 Jan, 2009 09:01 AM

I have been told by man that say you shouldn't even hold hands before you are married..even if you have been married before. I am interested in knowing what you think about it and why you believe what you believe :)

View Profile
History
This is for both guys and girls..Do you believe it is okay to hold hands ,kiss,ect. while dating or engaged? Or do you believe you should abstain from all physicall contact until you are married/wether you were married before or not?
Posted : 20 Mar, 2009 08:22 PM

Good question.....

I have always been old-fashioned in this. I don't believe it's BAD to hug or hold hands or maybe even kiss but I know that those things can lead to deeper things and the temptation becomes even greater to go further........ until one day you realize you're crossing a line you may not have even realized you were crossing. For me, I will be most happy and blessed if I can say that my first kiss from a guy in this life was on my wedding day! Oh how awesome a day that will be! Just a thought :-)

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Apr, 2009 04:08 PM

To hold hands, kiss, hug, cuddle, whatever- has never really struck me as something tempting leading onto more tempting acts. Personally I believe, that we as humans express love in so many different ways. Through music, art, writing, acting, giving, words of encouragement, and.. of course.. physical intimacy.

So what am I saying? I see nothing wrong with being intimate with your significant other. Because some things words cannot explain, and you can express feelings through other ways. Be it physical, music, etc.

The world has become very neutral on the whole abstinance deal I feel like. Though it is talked about, I feel like it hasn't really been clearly addressed as to what God thinks. (in detail that is) I know what it says in the bible... but it says that... obviously people are not quite understanding because things are happening all over the world all the time... media encourages it, society accepts it as a normal thing. That is fine. People have a right to believe what they believe, and it is not my place to judge.

In my heart, it is a gift you save for the one you love more than ever. Just for her. Together we will interact with the world in which we live in soo many ways. But there is one gift in which we both save for eachother and eachother only. That gift is better than anything you could buy or sell.

People do, however believe otherwise, which is fine. I am never one to judge or discount somebody because they did things or believe otherwise. Things happen. And things change.

That is my 2 cents.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Apr, 2009 02:52 AM

I BELIEVE IT IS OK TO HOLD HANDS,HUG,AND KISS AS LONG AS THATS AS FAR AS IT GOES....

cassranai

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jun, 2009 02:02 PM

Hello! Interesting conversation.

When I was 15 I got into a relationship that had the only boundary of no sex. The obvious progression of holding hands and kissing took place. It is very hard to stop at just that. The guy kept pressing me for more but I broke it off. You can not go back once you have gone forward. I got saved because of the healing Christ did inside of me after that relationship. I have made standards for myself because of that experience. I believe in keeping 4 feet on the floor at all times. That is really difficult to do if you are being intimate physically. I am ok with hand holding but not in the beginning in the relationship. I am also ok with hugging but I think that is because I hug everyone already. I want my first kiss to my husband to be on our wedding day. I don't think cuddling ok. It leads to other things. The Bible says in the song of songs "do not awaken love before its time". I think we need to protect ourselves at all costs to not awaken love before its time. For girls touch changes everything in the relationship. Ultimately I would like to find a man who will be the one to protect me.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2009 12:11 AM

i belive and live by the word of god what it says is what I folllow

mikeesclone

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2009 12:16 AM

i would have to say abstain from all of it my reason from thinking this is what Jesus said

whosoever looketh on a woman to lust

after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart

if you truly intend on marring the person you will wait and it will be all the sweeter and you wont have guilt in your heart if it don't work out

But if you don't want to wait 1 you have to wonder about your motives 2 you mite be trying to do something that is not ment for you.

if you dont think im correct ask yourself this if you were married and a x boyfriend or girlfriend of your spouses comes to your house and you know they use to hug and kiss and what ever how would you feel and would you want your spouse feel insecure or jealous knowing you use to do it with you x girl or boyfriends

Xtine

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Nov, 2009 07:23 AM

Its not written in the bible bout rules before marriage except no sex before marriage.other rule for all believers is not to sin even just in our head.I personally think that's not a sin to cuddle,kiss,touch,etc.one thing we should remember is,like Peter said we should always be aware coz the devil is there roaring LIKE a lion.and its written also we should not tempt ourselves.

Summary,if we're sure that we could handle all the sex tempation,on whatever form it comes to,then that's ok just to cuddle,kiss,hold hands,etc.but if u have like even just about 0,000001% doubt acrossed ur mind thinking bout what u and ur partner will be doing when its just the two of u,I think its the warning from the Holy Spirit telling us that we're not that strong to handle the temptation.for me myself,I know I'm not that strong so I prefer of no touch at all until we both say "I do" in front of Jesus :) and oh,I'd prefer not to be just the two when we are sure that there's no one around :) better to prevent than to fix :D

Enjoy ur blessingsssss :D

Christine

Page : 1 2 3 4