Author Thread: This is for both guys and girls..Do you believe it is okay to hold hands ,kiss,ect. while dating or engaged? Or do you believe you should abstain from all physicall contact until you are married/wether you were married before or not?
Admin

This is for both guys and girls..Do you believe it is okay to hold hands ,kiss,ect. while dating or engaged? Or do you believe you should abstain from all physicall contact until you are married/wether you were married before or not?
Posted : 22 Jan, 2009 09:01 AM

I have been told by man that say you shouldn't even hold hands before you are married..even if you have been married before. I am interested in knowing what you think about it and why you believe what you believe :)

View Profile
History
This is for both guys and girls..Do you believe it is okay to hold hands ,kiss,ect. while dating or engaged? Or do you believe you should abstain from all physicall contact until you are married/wether you were married before or not?
Posted : 23 Jan, 2009 12:33 PM

Amen to that Walter I can't agree more with what you said.

Your brother in Christ,

Jacob

ephesians522

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jan, 2009 03:59 PM

How much of the magic do you want to happen? The human touch is a powerful thing, I say (aside from holding hands and holding each other) if it goes below the top of the shoulders it's a no-no. Kissing lips, eyes, nose, ears, neck, and shoulders are ok.

I sat here in my chair and pondered the question, let's be honest and realistic. If there's no sparks before marriage how can we be guaranteed that there will be after? If this person we are contemplating sharing our life with doesn't do it for us before the honeymoon, what's gonna change? There's gotta some "ringing of bells", some tingling, some warmth, some goosebumps. We don't live in a world of pre-arranged marriages. I pray that God would not present a gift to only where one partner could enjoy it. Plus, where's the incentive to expediate the courtship? I would think two people would want to marry eachother before there is a wedding.

I have faith that it is not the Lord's wish for two (or even one) to be stuck in an unsatisfying marriage. For love to grow there has to be a spark which turns into a burning passion. After the wedding a man and a woman turns that passion into a flame, the fun part is trying to keep that flame lit.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jan, 2009 07:15 PM

I think society has penetrated Christianity to the point that we are buying in to the whole "sparks" concept. I have said this before, and I stand by it; Lust is lust whether you call it sparks, chemistry, whatever. What you are talking about is a physical response of your body to theirs. At least be honest enough to say that you believe lust is important in a relationship. Don't try to deceive yourself or others by swapping words.

We are called out of the world, this especially means lust of the flesh. I posted this a while back, but it looks like it is needed again.

You have to chose a mate for spiritual reasons, not physical or emotional. Love is a choice, you can love anyone you decide to love, so stop using that for an excuse.

The flesh can never be satisfied, it always wants more. You can be with the most beautiful woman you have ever seen, but you will tire of the physical part because of the flesh not being satisfied with the most beautiful. Suddenly it wants more, so you do it different ways, but still, after a while, that is no longer enough either. Now you want new, so you leave and find it, then the whole pattern starts again. Any of this sound familiar? I would be willing to bet that every one of us has been through this, if we were honest enough to admit it. Stop feeding the flesh.

The world has told us for so long that this is how it should be, that we are starting to believe it. How many people in the Bible actually even picked their own spouses? Not many. I am not saying you don't have that right, I am saying look to those things that matter, not lust, by whatever name.

In His service,

Leon

ephesians522

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jan, 2009 10:28 PM

Brother Leon,

I believe what you say is true. We do choose who we love, but if we turn to the Song of Solomon what do we see? We see a King who had desires, whose words show that longing is not an unrighteous act. There is a difference between longing for someone and lusting for worldly gratification. But what creates that longing? It is the spark, the chemistry, the touch.

Let's not confuse longing for someone with lusting. We long for the things we love, we lust for the things we can't have.

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jan, 2009 05:30 AM

Songs 4:5, It would appear our friend Solomon's thoughts weren't so pure. You will have to find a better example than a man with 300 wives, and over 700 mistresses and was pursuing another woman, to prove this point.

Nice play on words though. That is exactly the point I was making, we try to change the meaning by changing the words. Thanks for helping me make this point.

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jan, 2009 06:08 AM

Leon,

Thank you for your post. You are absolutely correct. So many Christians are still so carnally minded and in denial about it. Thank you for calling it what it is.

Blessings, Lydia

chozen2b

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jan, 2009 04:55 PM

Great points walter

ephesians522

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jan, 2009 11:58 AM

Brother Leon,

You asked me to present an example where the flesh can be not tempted into carnality.

The character of the man, the interaction of Jesus and Mary Magdolene. Did she not wash his feel with a sweet smelling potion and her hair? Did He not caress her face and gently put His fingers under her chin and raised her face to speak to her? Did He not kiss her on the forehead?

In the lost book of Thomas, it was also implied that the disciples were jealous because Jesus would kiss Mary on the lips. I speak this not out of blasphemy. But we may have re-evaluate our feelings on how our emotions are shown to the one we love.

It is up to the integrity of the man, how strong his faith is and how spiritually connected he is to God. Man being of the flesh is the one to be more tempted by the flesh.

So it is not a sin to express you affections physically, the only sin comes through temptation. Woman, use discretion and cleave yourself to one who is of the Lord so you will not be cast into sin.

God bless us all.

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jan, 2009 09:53 PM

Brother,

I pray you understand when I tell you I would rather not discuss this subject. It has nothing to do with you, and you have a point there. But this subject got out of hand on other posts, and I would like to give it some time for tempers to cool. Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jan, 2009 11:00 AM

Ephesians,

The so called lost book of Thomas is not inspired of God and not reliable. Why do you even mention it?

In Christ,

Walter

Page : 1 2 3 4