Author Thread: Why a Christian mate is critical.
Admin

Why a Christian mate is critical.
Posted : 5 Oct, 2011 09:25 PM

Christianity is not meant to be walked alone, and it is very dangerous to have a non-Christian mate who WILL try to steer you away from Christ. Someone with that much influence on you will try to pull you with them. Looking for a Christian mate will not only keep you from straying but will also reinforce your faith and help you to grow by having someone to go out and represent Christ with not only in activities like evangelizing but also when going out as a couple and allowing your Christian love to radiate.

song0joy

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Oct, 2011 09:11 PM

Not to mention all of the mixed signals you'll be sending to your children.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Oct, 2011 03:52 PM

Tropiclands,

I agree w/you...It is Also important that your Faith is basic on the SAME Faith

God Bless

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Oct, 2011 09:14 PM

I am a Christian woman and I am aware that we are to respect our husbands and obey them. When they are not acting respectable it is quite difficult to respect them. What about when our spouses expect us to do things that are against what we believe. We live by different standards than the world does. A non believer may meet our needs in many ways and probably would be a great person to be around, but if they don't have Jesus in their heart, they will not wash you with the word or pray with you and for you, like a Godly man will. Their faith can't move your mountains. As for me, I don't want to settle with less than God's best for me.

song0joy

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Oct, 2011 10:03 AM

The Law never contradicts itself because it is based off of the desires and direction of one amazing God, with a personality and preferences. The First commandment is to Love God with everything that it is in you. If there is not a specific sin he is asking you to commit, simply obey until God tells you otherwise. Pray for your husband, wait on God and pray for His will to be revealed to you. Show your love to God by serving, trusting, and obeying your husband. Unless he asks you to put another thing before God, obey.

vinette

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Nov, 2011 04:43 AM

:waving: I dont want to have some one in my life if he is not a christian tis not good the person is a good man but its not helthy and i want do do what God wants hi want God to guide

me i let go and let God

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Dec, 2011 05:26 PM

your absolutely right tropicland....

you need to seek out a mate who knows the lord..

because you will understand why a relatiosnship and marriage is really about....if your heart is right with god you wont stray....dont allow things of the outside in that can corupt your life ...as true christans we know these things and need to be alert always.....

keep your eyes on God ...

especially when you are in ministry it can be very hard.

god bless all of you on this site...

dee

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Dec, 2011 04:08 PM

Don't forget to mention the fact that if you marry someone who is not saved, it will cause much grief to your heart that the person you love most will not see the kingdom of heaven with you. I just can't see how any christian would want to marry a non-christian. It's like Satan vs. God. They live by the world, you don't. It just doesn't mix.

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Dec, 2011 07:06 PM

some believer who reads Bible, i guess will opt for christian partner :D

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jan, 2012 09:38 AM

2 Corinthians 6:14 brings it out more clearly. believers have absolute nothing in common with the unbelievers!

I had a boy friend who was not saved though he used to go to church especially on sundays. we honestly loved each other but i could feel that there was a gap in our relationship-something was missing and it was after i inquired of the Lord that i decided to break that relationship.i realised that God did not approve it and he was not part of it. i hope we know that it is far better to get God's endorsement in your relationship and that will even save you from contamination and impurities which come with sexual immorality among other things!

be blessed.

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jan, 2012 07:47 PM

Because if you don't date a CHRISTian mate you end up dating a guy that looks like your brother. Come on girls isn't it better to date an ugly nice guy than one that looks like your bro or could be your bro?

Page : 1 2