Author Thread: Pre-nups
Admin

Pre-nups
Posted : 10 Oct, 2011 07:57 PM

Should christian couples have a pre-nup befrore marriage?

Would you be offended if the one your serious with asked you to get one?

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Pre-nups
Posted : 10 Oct, 2011 09:23 PM

Nope, and yep. No, I don't think it's a good idea for a Christian Couple to have a prenuptial agreement, and yes, I would be offended if a guy expected that in our relationship.

It seems to me that prenups are basically "get out of jail free" cards. It's a way to protect yourself when there is a divorce...and it makes divorce an easier option. Personally, I think that there are only very specific cases/situations where divorce is an option at ALL, so why would I want to plan for it? As for a guy wanting a prenup in our relationship, if we find that we don't agree on that issue, maybe we need to explore our beliefs on marriage and divorce a bit further before proceeding with the relationship.

I can only think of one situation where prenups might be a good idea. That would be if there are children from a previous marriage involved. A parent might wish to provide for the children's future, and avoid any disagreements should the new marriage end unexpectedly.

View Profile
History
Pre-nups
Posted : 11 Oct, 2011 11:10 AM

Personally I'd rather see people being made to honour their marriage vows...

View Profile
History
Pre-nups
Posted : 11 Oct, 2011 11:39 AM

I agree with the replies so far. I think a Prenup to me is a statement that says I'm not confident that this marriage will last, and I am looking out for number one should things not work out. To me it is a selfish thing to ask for, and if you feel you need to ask for a prenup then perhaps this isn't the right person for you or you as a couple are not ready for marriage. So to answer the question no I don't think it's a good idea, and yes I would be offended, it would raise red flags to me. It would make me wonder what that person is hiding or not saying that gives them reason enough that the marriage could fail in which case the want a prenup to protect their stuff. I think that the whole concept of prenup is another symptom of a society that takes marriage lightly and divorce is easy.

View Profile
History
Pre-nups
Posted : 13 Oct, 2011 08:19 AM

I Agree with bcpianogal .

Very well Said!

:angel:

View Profile
History
Pre-nups
Posted : 22 Oct, 2011 06:02 AM

Let me use the wondrous words of the Lord to sum this one up..

"LET YOUR 'YEA" BE "YEA", AND YOUR "NAY" BE "NAY", FOR ANYTHING MORE THAN THIS COMETH OF EVIL!"

The people who are hollering "chemistry", if they had sufficient wealth, or numbers, would definitely want a Prenuptial Agreement, designed by some warped Babylonian priest from hell, to protect their assets, for when they are through having sexual relations with you, and are needing to go and find someone else, with whom they can enjoy "their flesh" but not be responsible for, at least for the long term..

A Prenuptial Agreement is basically a Limited Liability Corporation through which to enjoy the partner, and or their sensual assets, but not be fully linked to the longterm, unbreakable covenant of the Lord.

When do you people wake up to your being used and manipulated?

God did not design man to be used as a golem, nor to use others as a golem.

a wise man