Author Thread: Abortion and Obama
Admin

Abortion and Obama
Posted : 23 Jan, 2009 12:16 PM

Well that did not take long! On the news this morning it was reported that Obama ( the one many Christians voted for) has over turned the ban on federal funding for abortion. I think about the forum post ( praying for America) and the quote that brother Leon shared.

When will our country turn from her wicked ways and return to the Living God? My heart breaks for our country. After I heard this news I began to pray for our nation and was moved to tears.

Come quickly Lord Jesus, Lydia

View Profile
History
Abortion and Obama
Posted : 23 Jan, 2009 01:39 PM

So much for Obama being middle of the road. That is about as far left as it gets. At the same time he did this, he also started funding stem cell research with federal money. No real surprise that the two would come together. I bet Fox News is the only one to notice.

Blessings,

Leon

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
Abortion and Obama
Posted : 23 Jan, 2009 03:17 PM

"President Obama not long ago told the American people that he would support policies to reduce abortions, but today he is effectively guaranteeing more abortions by funding groups that promote abortion as a method of population control," said Douglas Johnson, legislative director of the National Right to Life Committee.

Liberal values = less God/Christianity. Why do Christians not understand this? I don't want my tax money going to abortion funding or abortion education, this is terrible. I was reading on a different site today and a person described an unborn fetus as "a clump of cells" - what is wrong with people, seriously? Late-term abortions are especially disturbing.

Much more beyond this to come. And pray for our national security.

View Profile
History
Abortion and Obama
Posted : 23 Jan, 2009 09:13 PM

Praying for Obama...

Praying for America.

GBU.

Ruth

View Profile
History
Abortion and Obama
Posted : 5 Feb, 2009 09:56 AM

Brothers and sisters, we have not been given a spirit of slavery leading to fear again but have been given the Spirit of Adoption as sons by which we cry out, "ABBA!! FATHER!!!!!!!

Know this, that ALL AUTHORITY comes from GOD. We are to pray for those in authority as sister Ruth says. She being from Indonesia is doing what we ourselves so often fail to do-as Americans-for our own country, namely, pray for our leaders.

In addition to prayer, we also fail to get involved, run for office, sometimes even to vote... We are so spoiled and selfish only desiring that we receive our blessings of our American Dream and we gripe and complain if we are subjected to any hardships. Our selfishness has allowed evil men to come into power in a great nation called to be a light. Just because we have failed to unite and get involved. We have failed to love God, love one another, and love ourselves (we are one Body in Him, so when we love each other we are loving ourselves.) Now our failure has allowed our little unborn brothers and sisters to be put to death. Woe unto us.

Yet its not too late. This is our job. God who knows all things and has all things in His control is responsible for the results. Ultimately the results are, "It is finished." Christ died for all this as well as all that is to come. Our job is to cry out, be good citizens and obey the laws of the land and rend unto ceasar what is ceasars.

Queen Esther would not rejoice because her people were still in bondage and she took her life in her own hands and went before the King with a sad face. The Kings love for her was so great, and she found such favor in His eyes that He passed His scepter unto her and said, Esther, my queen, you make the laws.

This is the time we are in. Time to wake up the sleepers and unite our hearts with Gods, our minds with His, that we may become His hands and feet to undo all that our apathy has allowed to come pass. It's not too late.

We have come to a time where we have been sent into bondage, and Nebachanezzer has been given power by God over His people. God declares, (Jer 27):

vs 1,2 Make yourselves bonds of yokes and put them on your necks

vs 3, 4 and send them to all the kings of the land and say to them thus says the Lord

vs 5 I have made the earth...by My great power and by My outstretched arm, and I will give it to anyone I please

vs 6, 7 Now I have given all these lands into the hand of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, My servent, and I have given all the wild animals of the field to serve him. For a time.

vs 8 it shall be that whoever will not serve him, I will punish by his hand. (paraphrased)

vs 9 So do not listen to your (false) prophets..., who say to you, "you shall not serve the king of Babylon."

vs 10 For they prophesy a lie to you..., that I should drive you out and you should perish.

vs 11 But the nation that brings their neck under the yoke, ..., I will let remain in their own land, and they shal till it, and dwell therin.

vs 12,13 ..., serve him and his people and live. Why will you die, ..., as the Lord has spoken against the nation that will not serve the king of Babylon.

vs 21 Yea, thus saith the Lord of host, the God of Isreal, concerning the vessels that remain in the house of the Lord...

vs 22 They shall be carried to Babylon, and there shall they be until th day that I visit them, saith the Lord; then will I bring them up, and restore them to this place.

He that has ears to hear let him hear what the Spirit says to the Churches.

View Profile
History
Abortion and Obama
Posted : 5 Feb, 2009 11:04 AM

Lydia, Leon, Angel,

I see what you all are saying and agree. We must not be taken unawares and yes angel much more is to come.

Stay sober and diligent my brothers and sisters,

Robert

View Profile
History
Abortion and Obama
Posted : 7 Feb, 2009 09:20 PM

Don't get me started on Zero! I can still hear him saying, before he won, "I don't feel that any man should be punished by a baby", while talking about his daughters should they get pregnant.

I personally heard democrats tell me that abortion should be legal because their is still a moral stigma on unwed mothers (there is? Brittney Spears) and that with the economy (that the democrats ruined) women can't afford to have babies so they have to abort them.

Liberalism is a mental illness, and Zero is the head nut!

View Profile
History
Abortion and Obama
Posted : 8 Apr, 2009 08:34 PM

look up planned parenthood history. its very much so nazism. look up margaret sanger, she was a nazi and an abortion activist.

View Profile
History
Abortion and Obama
Posted : 26 Apr, 2009 07:58 AM

You know what I am getting from this discussion? we are trying to BLAME the government for the bad choices that people make. We are forgetting that abortion is a choice, it has nothing to do with law. Even when there is legislature against abortion people find a way to do it anyway. Legislature for abortion only allows it to be done in a manner that would jeopardize fewer lives.

We need to focus on the moral decay in this country that has people turning towards abortion. If we focus on that instead of on blame, we may be able to make some progress towards reducing the number of abortions that take place every year. Are we forgetting the why behind the need for an abortion? Unplanned pregnancies, illicit sex etc. For those that are "unfortunate" enough to get pregnant, there are many others who end up with deadly diseases that would plague them for the rest of their lives, abortion cannot fix that. We need to change our focus. Stop finding people to blame and blame ourselves for not reaching out as christians and doing our part to reduce the immorality that is taking place.