Author Thread: Misconception?
Admin

Misconception?
Posted : 14 Oct, 2011 03:31 PM

Okay, I'm going to say something that's sort of a theory that has been growing in my head, and you ladies let me know if it's a misconception or not:

Women don't care as much about rejection or being accepted as guys do. To them, guys are something they could either take it or leave it.

JourneyCC

View Profile
History
Misconception?
Posted : 14 Oct, 2011 06:10 PM

True & False.....

I do think men care more about rejection than women, based on my observations (so true). However, I don't think women can "take or leave" men easier. If anything I think we are created more "companionshipy" and less "solitudey" than men (so false on that). Men tend to withstand singleness with more "whateverness" than women do in my observations and over-hearings......

Boy was that a lot of made up words :ROFL:

Hope that helps.

View Profile
History
Misconception?
Posted : 14 Oct, 2011 06:26 PM

Speaking for myself, I do not care that much if I am rejected.

I have been many times, but just as often as being rejected, I have been complimented and asked out on dates.

Looking for the right man isnt easy and you may have to

meet many to find the Right One.

So in my Opinion men take rejection way worse. :laugh:

View Profile
History
Misconception?
Posted : 15 Oct, 2011 12:34 AM

OK, quick poll: How many times has somebody winked or messaged you if you're a woman on here? And for the men?

I'd imagine most women get more attention than most men and that means women can "take it or leave it" - after all, there'll be another one along shortly! For men though, such interest is a lot less frequent and thus taken more seriously, for want of a better word.

donna54

View Profile
History
Misconception?
Posted : 15 Oct, 2011 04:41 AM

I would say that "don't care as much" is incorrect. We care just as much, but we don't seem to take it as personally as guys seem to. You ask one of us to dance, we're chatting with our friends and say "No thanks, not right now", and to you that's the exact same as saying "Get lost, creep"? No, it may simply mean not right now.

We also know that if one of us says no, you'll likely just ask some other girl, therefore, we're adapted to that idea.

Add into this that men are predators, women are nesters, to use current terms, and so closing in and just moving on is natural to us. You're hunting, we're protecting, does that make sense? It may come across as uncaring, as "I can take you or leave you, who needs ya?" but if you were in on some of the conversations I've had with women who've felt rejected, or when I have, you would know better.

Hannah213

View Profile
History
Misconception?
Posted : 15 Oct, 2011 05:04 AM

I don't really agree. I have been through every male profile on this site and may have gotten some small response from approximately 15. Sometimes they won't answer the second message. What happened to good old honest talk. If not interested, just say so.

View Profile
History
Misconception?
Posted : 15 Oct, 2011 12:22 PM

You said what I was thinking dkg

MyCrownIsGod

View Profile
History
Misconception?
Posted : 15 Oct, 2011 05:00 PM

I think it can go either way.

For me...I've spent more time single than I have in relationships and most of the time, I am pretty content with that. So it doesn't really bother me as much as it might someone else, if men aren't interested in me.

However, rejection from someone I am really interested in, that still hurts, mostly because it is rare for me to be genuinely interested in a man as more than just a friend. So when I finally do find someone I like in that way, and they don't respond the same way...it truly sucks...but that's life.

In general though, I try not to take it personally. It doesn't help anything to beat yourself up over it.

Each woman is different though, so, it really does depend on who you ask.

View Profile
History
Misconception?
Posted : 16 Oct, 2011 12:50 PM

I remember years ago when I was interviewing for a sales position they guy doing the hiring was talking about how women tended to be horrible about taking rejection. I think they, generally speaking, are way for fearul of rejection than men - key words being "generally speaking".

Of course when it comes to relationships and dating women have and edge since they are the hunted rather than the hunters, so particularly if she is relatively attractive - all that a woman has to do is get out in public and she will be approached and or given attention by men - and have her moral picked up some by that.

Of course the better the understanding a person has of their value to God and identity in Christ, man or woman, the less prone they will be to feelings of rejection and the less need they will have for other peoples acceptance or approval.

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Misconception?
Posted : 16 Oct, 2011 01:22 PM

I think we care just as much, but perhaps we deal with it a bit differently.

MiracleMan, you said "Of course when it comes to relationships and dating women have and edge since they are the hunted rather than the hunters, so particularly if she is relatively attractive - all that a woman has to do is get out in public and she will be approached and or given attention by men - and have her moral picked up some by that."

That, sir, is also a misconception. Just because a woman is attractive does NOT mean that men will approach her and give her attention if she goes out in public. You aren't the first man that I've heard express this opinion recently, so I just wanted to clear that up. :angel:

View Profile
History
Misconception?
Posted : 16 Oct, 2011 01:39 PM

Well then I guess that's another misconception I had too then. Who knows...

Page : 1 2