Author Thread: A single dad
mano

View Profile
History
A single dad
Posted : 23 Jan, 2009 06:25 PM

Why do single christian have a hard time to date a woman? And why do single men with kids , no christian woman what to deal with them? Now if a woman is single and have kids they can find a men?:prayingm:

Elisa

View Profile
History
A single dad
Posted : 23 Jan, 2009 07:00 PM

I have heard/read in several places that women do not want, or are not willing to accept, a father with children. To this my reply is...you need to look other places then. Personally, I do not mind if a man has children. I do find it makes a difference. Children must have their needs met first. This is understandable. However, exwives can be a bit of an issue. Also, the baggage that comes with a single father can be an issue. So while children in and of themselves are blessings, they can receive the blame for issues totally unrelated to them. Also, as a teacher, I found that men at times simply were looking for a mother for their children. While that is not onerous, I wish to be chosen because someone wants to spend their life with me, not because he sees me as a free nanny. If children are a part of the package, fine. But if the only reason I am wanted is to care for the children, no thank you. They deserve better, as do I.

View Profile
History
A single dad
Posted : 30 Jan, 2009 06:13 PM

I feel that it should not be a double standard. I think it's admirable that a man want to raise his children in a time when it usually is the opposite. If a man truly loves his kids and wants a family complete with a wife then it is no different than a woman in the same predicament. I raised my husband's son from the time he was 10 until he married. His mother left and never came back. We had an understanding of expectations and worked through things together, as a family. Although my husband is deceased, his son is still my son and views me as his mother. If a woman doesn't feel that is for her then she doesn't need to begin a relationship. I would not have traded it for the world because I not only gained a husband in marriage but a wonderful son.

Phoenyx

View Profile
History
A single dad
Posted : 5 Apr, 2009 06:31 PM

Maybe men are more focused on the woman than her child. I don't know. Personally, I'd be wondering if the child's mother was still alive. If that's the case, then I should not attempt to date the man.