Author Thread: Salvation, aka true election, is not determined by whether a man ever sins in this world!
Admin

Salvation, aka true election, is not determined by whether a man ever sins in this world!
Posted : 8 Nov, 2011 10:41 AM

A sister on here wrote a post on being kept by the power of God.

Some on here who deny that the Word of God is true, and that we which are of the elect, are not to expect that God will keep His Word, instead proffering that it is man who keeps himself, even going so far as to caution others that you cannot depend upon the high doctrine of election, and that it is "dangerous" to think of the Word of God so.

Here is what Peter said. Notice please that Peter states that we are kept secure, even to be delivered to salvation:

"Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the [strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia] ELECT according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied." [I Peter 1:1-2]

"Peter..to the...ELECT. And what are we in this earth, though we are God's ELECT? "strangers scattered throughout the world".

Here in this next passage you will see that we have been begotten again to a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead...TO AN INHERITANCE INCORRUPTIBLE...undefiled...AND WHICH FADETH NOT AWAY...........KEPT [secure] BY THE POWER OF GOD..through faith..........UNTO SALVATION!"

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time." [I Peter 1:3-5]

We are saved, not because of anything we have done, or could ever do. In short, sin has nothing to do with our being chosen, and this is a great mystery.

The Word makes clear that election is not based upon any discrimination of levels or measures of sinfulness:

"For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;" [Romans 9:11]

Election is based not on any "good or evil" that a man or woman will be involved in during their lives, but on God's Sovereign Purpose, which by that scripture has nothing to do with whether or not you ever had sinned.

So, how is it then that this "choice crowd" thinks that salvation is determined by sin?

Grace and peace be unto you, who are of the elect!

awm

dljrn04

View Profile
History
Salvation, aka true election, is not determined by whether a man ever sins in this world!
Posted : 8 Nov, 2011 11:38 AM

bahira i am not here to banish people from this site there are many that deny God here not just pj. This is not church, it is a single site. People come here for many different reasons. This site is like a family to me. Sometimes it is encouragement we find here, sometimes it is pure irritation. I don't believe he is here to hurt us he is just here to spread hate amongst Gods people. God will judge him. I pray that God would draw him to himself.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Nov, 2011 11:40 AM

No Donna Phillip is here to love people always.

Bahira calls me a dog and then says I insult her, really.

People get offended because of the truth.

dljrn04

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Nov, 2011 11:45 AM

No you don't, you hate God's people. You are not truth, you proclaim heresy. You are a prideful contentious man.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Nov, 2011 11:48 AM

We need to stop him from sins if he does not want to stop his hated.

*** A Few Questions ???...Since when does a person have the POWER to stop another person from doing Sin or Anything Else ???...No one here has that power...that belongs to God ONLY...Yall say and talk about "Not Judging"...BUT Yall are doing it...HYPOCRITES !!!!!...

I've seen alot of Hate from Many here lately...no matter what a person shares it is always met with some NEGATIVE COMMENT instead of Seeking the Truth and Good in it...

There is Continued Name Calling and Be-Littlements being Tossed To and Fro...What is it Yall are Doing to Each Other ???...Do you not See the Maddness ???...Yall are Wacked Out and need some Serious TIME OUT in the Corner...Shame on Yall and me Included...ENOUGH ALREADY....Go to your rooms...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Nov, 2011 11:51 AM

In addition, this is exactly what is wrong here. Both of you are dealing in the false gospel, thinking so as to persuade men, and actually arguing and even going so far as to bring men into this, all the while you are demonstrating that you have no faith in the Word of God.

This is all about YOU! How great you are in other men's eyes...

Where is your reliance upon the Word of God?

You both are upset because someone else doesn't agree with you, and may have caused you not to appear so superspiritual in the eyes of other people, who think that the heresies you are trying to defend by reason, argument, and the arm of the flesh, are in danger of not being believed in anymore.

They never were worth believing in, and if you truly relied upon the Word of God, you would recognize that it is not your responsibility to see that the Word of God, has any effect upon any.

Let me leave both of you with one scripture, which is a MIGHTY REBUKE to you both:

"To the law and to the testimony, of they speak not according to this Word it is because there is no light in them!" [Isaiah 8:20]

There, you have it; the Word of God states that because you rely upon human reason and logic, and even the arm of man, you have no light in you!

a wise man

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Nov, 2011 11:54 AM

And if there is any LIGHT in either of you, you will repent of this great evil, and insult to the Word of God, and to the Father's SOLE Authority to govern His children!

awm

dljrn04

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Nov, 2011 11:55 AM

Amen, thank you awm

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Nov, 2011 11:57 AM

I would like to add to what wiseman has written.

1Pe 1:5 Who are keptG5432 byG1722 the powerG1411 of GodG2316 throughG1223 faithG4102 untoG1519 salvationG4991 readyG2092 to be revealedG601 inG1722 the lastG2078 time.G2540

Let us look INTO THE Greek for the English word 'KEPT'.

English-'KEPT'

Greek- phroureo'

phroure�: to guard

Original Word: φρουρέω

Part of Speech: Verb

Transliteration: phroure�

Phonetic Spelling: (froo-reh'-o)

Short Definition: I guard, keep

Definition: I guard, keep, as by a military guard.

5432 phrour�ō (from phrousos, "a sentinel, guard") � properly, to guard (keep watch) like a military sentinel; (figuratively) to actively display whatever defensive and offensive means are necessary to guard.

Word Origin

from phrouros (a guard)

Definition

to guard

NASB Word Usage

guard (1), guarding (1), kept in custody (1), protected (1).

NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries

Copyright � 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation

All rights reserved Lockman.org

to guard, protect

From a compound of pro and horao; to be a watcher in advance, i.e. To mount guard as a sentinel (post spies at gates); figuratively, to hem in, protect -- keep (with a garrison). Compare tereo.

Now let us go even further with this.

It is not necessary for a believer to try and 'KEEP' their relationship with Yeshua,He will 'KEEP,PROTECT,GUARD,and BRING THE RELATIONSHIP TO COMPLETION'.

I believe to many people are trying to do the work of the Yeshua,and that of Holy Spirit...

Mat_6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Whose record of righteousness are you trusting

Yours or Yeshuas

Who are you trusting to Justify you

Yourself or Yeshua.

Whose Holiness are you trusting;

Yours or Yeshua

Whose Sanctification are you trusting;

Yours or Yeshua

Whose Perfection are you trusting:

Yours or Yeshua

Who are you trusting to save you from the wrath of GOD against your sin(s)

Yourself or Yeshua

One is Salvation by trusting Yeshua.

The other leads to judgement,by trusting in the works of men.

Shalom

Me

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Nov, 2011 12:00 PM

Thank you for even risking yourself, as some would attack you for being so BOLD in the faith.

The time will come it states, that they think to do God a favor and put us to death.

You are correct, there are many hypocrites on here, defending fighting and arguing, while not presenting the Word of God as "our shield".

You stand Woman of God, He will honor you, and do not listen to the reasn and intellect of many which profess faith, which is no faith at all!

Your faith is evident, by your pure reliance upon the Word of God!

awm

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Nov, 2011 12:12 PM

PastoverinChrist,

Thank you in the Name of the Lord, for standing and manifesting the power and integrity of the Word of God, which is so worthy to be relied upon!

Peace be unto you,

awm

Page : 1 2 3 4