Author Thread: Salvation, aka true election, is not determined by whether a man ever sins in this world!
Admin

Salvation, aka true election, is not determined by whether a man ever sins in this world!
Posted : 8 Nov, 2011 10:41 AM

A sister on here wrote a post on being kept by the power of God.

Some on here who deny that the Word of God is true, and that we which are of the elect, are not to expect that God will keep His Word, instead proffering that it is man who keeps himself, even going so far as to caution others that you cannot depend upon the high doctrine of election, and that it is "dangerous" to think of the Word of God so.

Here is what Peter said. Notice please that Peter states that we are kept secure, even to be delivered to salvation:

"Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the [strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia] ELECT according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied." [I Peter 1:1-2]

"Peter..to the...ELECT. And what are we in this earth, though we are God's ELECT? "strangers scattered throughout the world".

Here in this next passage you will see that we have been begotten again to a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead...TO AN INHERITANCE INCORRUPTIBLE...undefiled...AND WHICH FADETH NOT AWAY...........KEPT [secure] BY THE POWER OF GOD..through faith..........UNTO SALVATION!"

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time." [I Peter 1:3-5]

We are saved, not because of anything we have done, or could ever do. In short, sin has nothing to do with our being chosen, and this is a great mystery.

The Word makes clear that election is not based upon any discrimination of levels or measures of sinfulness:

"For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;" [Romans 9:11]

Election is based not on any "good or evil" that a man or woman will be involved in during their lives, but on God's Sovereign Purpose, which by that scripture has nothing to do with whether or not you ever had sinned.

So, how is it then that this "choice crowd" thinks that salvation is determined by sin?

Grace and peace be unto you, who are of the elect!

awm

View Profile
History
Salvation, aka true election, is not determined by whether a man ever sins in this world!
Posted : 9 Nov, 2011 10:44 PM

My Father will judge all Christians during the Judgement Day.

Then you will see that every evil thought/motive and hatred will not be unpunished.

He is Omniscient and Omnipresent. He is my God Jesus. He is the Judge.

Page : 1 2 3 4