Author Thread: 'For the husband is the head of the wife....'Eph 5:23
Admin

'For the husband is the head of the wife....'Eph 5:23
Posted : 29 Jan, 2009 07:46 AM

As this is a Christian web site, I think one would desire a Christian relationship/marriage. An Ephesians 5 marriage. As it states the the husband is the head of the wife...and the wife is to be subject to their husbands as the Church is tio Christ...this leads me to that a Godly relationship shall be initiated by the guy. Old fashioned? Perhaps. As I desire a marriage as God describes, is how I see it. How can a man be head of a household when he does not have the intiative to contact me? (this question came to me after I have had several men view my profile several times with out intiating contact...) Please set me straight guys....I do 'color' outside the lines with my thinking at times....this may be one....

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jan, 2009 08:37 AM

In my opinion, you are exactly right. The man is supposed to lead, provide , and protect his wife in all things. Many men don't want this responsibility, or they try to twist this scripture into some type of domination issue. It is definitely not meant that way.

There is also society's role in this issue, which, as usual, is in direct opposition to God's directive. We men are taught that we are supposed to lead together, and that we are equal in all things. On the surface, this seems like a beautiful way for a marriage to be. But what happens when you reach an impasse? Someone has to make a decision, and then be responsible for it. If a chain of command, for lack of a better phrase, is not established for just such a situation, you are going to be at each others throats.

Most of the reason that men are not contacting you is, they are used to aggressive women. In the world, the man is the one pursued now. The roles that God established have been reversed, and men are getting used to it. That does not make it right, as a matter of fact, the Bible warned us that it would happen in these last days.

Maybe I am just too old fashioned, but I think it is time for men to be men again. We are the hunters, we have to stop acting like we are the hunted. We have to stop letting the fear of rejection stop us from being the men God wanted us to be.

God knows us better than we know ourselves, if we would follow the roles set out in the Bible, we would all be happier. One observation I have made over the years is, if we will be the man God created us to be, women are more than happy to be a woman. But if we are meek and wimps, like the world wants us to be, they will fill the vacuum.

Sorry for the rant, this is something I am passionate about.

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jan, 2009 04:12 PM

Thank you Leon. I truely appreciate your input. And am glad you are passioned about this. Is what God would have. Smiles. May He bless all you lay your hand to. sweet smile.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jan, 2009 06:30 PM

Amen,

Christian women want a strong man who will lead us, who we can respect. Not some wishy washy guy who will let us walk all over him.

Before I was saved I was rebellious and would not submit to a man and I found myself in unsatisfying relationship with men I had no respect for. Now that I know the truth, I want to be led, encouraged and protected by a strong man of God.

Blessings, Lydia

bluebeard96

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jan, 2009 10:38 PM

I replied to a different post recently about people not contacting after viewing a profile. I don't think it's weakness - maybe they just saw something they didn't like. I have alot of women view my profile and not talk to me. First, I don't know how they even came to my profile. Maybe they saw a forum post and wanted to see if I'm local or what age I am, they clicked, see I'm far away and 10 years younger, and decided not to contact. I just don't know. When people view your profile, they are doing so to find out more information about you. Are you divorced? Do you have children? Are you willing to relocate? Do you smoke? etc, etc, etc. These are things that matter to some people, and they have to view the profile to get the info. If they don't at least wink at you, then they weren't interested and it's of no use to fret about it.

At least that's how I feel.

Mike

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jan, 2009 10:57 PM

Mike,

I was referringe who have viewed my profile 'several' times...and I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Bless you....

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jan, 2009 05:50 PM

Toosanger,

I feel your disappointment of the guys who have viewed your post, but have not had enough courage to make contact with you. And why you may feel as you do because of those with whom you have made contact with, but they have not in kind responded to you. Be encourage, you haven't lost anything...:winksmile: in fact, this is god's way of telling you tey weren't for you in the first place.

Please know that man has been ordained by God as head of his household, but that does not mean man is the one who is suppose to be in charge of making the first contact with a woman for a possible mate. This is not what this scripture means at all. If this was the case, then the genealogy of Jesus would not read as it so does.

Remember, Boaz was not intered in Ruth as a possible mate. Ruth made a move on Boaz on a night he was drunk as a hootowl, and followed him home, and after he had fallen asleep, she slept at the foot of his bed. When Boaz had awaken the next monring with his hangover, he was shocked to see her at the foot of his bed, and didn't know what he had or had not done... Ruth asked him to marry her, and Boaz being hungover and confused, told her he would let her know in a couple of days, but first he had a cousin he would ask if he would do the honors of marrying Ruth. And when the cousin refused, Boaz did the nonorable thing and married her...

The guys who have not responded to your messages or who have viewed your profile, this doesn't mean that you are not important or interesting or beautiful. It means as Leon, Lydia, and Mike have stated, maybe they didn't find what they were looking for in your profile. Just because you found them of interest, it must be both ways.

Then also remember, some of these guys aren't really looking for a real woman for a life long relationship as some say in their profiles. They play games, and God doesn't want you with them anyway. Also, some of these guys seek the choice cut of a filetmignon, but they themselves are shortend cuts of uninspected pork chops, so you really don't want them either.:yay:

Be encouraged and keep your focus and DO NOT settle for less than who you are in Christ in a man... what God has said is true ( ET prarphrased)... MAN, looks on the outside, but WOAMN looks at the inside where God should be living in the heart.:applause::bow: LOL

As the old saying goes and men should consider, " if you want to be happy for the rest of your life, get an ugly woman to be your wife. Because charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain and fading...:laugh:

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jan, 2009 07:29 PM

Thank you thank you thank you Mr. ET. I truely enjoyed what you wrote. And never thought of Boaz and Ruth. smiles. Your posting is refreshing and made me laugh....excellent!!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jan, 2009 08:22 PM

ET,

Girl,you crack me up in a big way! Thanks for your posts.

Blessings, Lydia

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jan, 2009 09:14 PM

Toosabger,

Glad I could be of help, and made you laugh. And to make you laugh even the more, I'm Ms. ET... Mr. ET is somewhere floating somewhere out in space, after he left the mothership, trying to return back to earth. :laugh:...

I know the questions you ask are for the men, guys, boys, dudes, but Lydia and I are hijackers, because we had to come help a sister out LOL... not that Leon and Mike weren't doing great jobs responding to your question, we're just hijackers, its our womenly nature, nothing more and nothing less. LOL

Be strong, and searhc the land in holy boldness in the power of the Holy Spirit... and continue to reach out and touch those guys you find of interest. If they respond wonderful! If they don't... keep it moving to the next ten. LOL

I have viewed many profiles and there are those who have viewed my profile. I see nothing, and they see nothing. That's the purpose viewing, to see if something of interest is out there. And if you send a wink or message and there is no reply... then YOU'RE the one who saw more in that person than was there (ha)..so keep it moving, girlfriend! Be of good cheer

Hey there Lydia,

Thanks. I always say, when God saved me, He didn't take away my sense of humor and laughter which He also gifted to me. Instead, He increased it when He gave me His joy. :winksmile:... plus, I'm wacked and know it! :angel::laugh:

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jan, 2009 09:27 PM

ET,

plus, I'm wacked and know it! You are a riot ET! I sure am glad you came here to this site. Be Blessed dear sister.

Love and praise,

Leon

Page : 1 2