Author Thread: profile picture tip for women on here
Admin

profile picture tip for women on here
Posted : 31 Jan, 2009 09:16 AM

Hi everyone. I just wanted to bring something up that may help the ladies when making profile pictures. I have noticed many instances when there is a profile with only 1 photo on it, and the photo is of either some beautiful scenery, a puppy, or something else that is very nice, but it is obviously not a pic of the woman who owns the profile. The ONLY thing I am looking for, when I am looking through profiiles, is a pic of YOU - the woman I am thinking about possibly contacting. Other irrelevant pics I have seen are pics of 2 women standing side by side, arms around each other - it's obvious (I would think) that this is of you and a close friend or sister, but which one is you??? If you do not tell us, we do not know. I know I am not the only guy who is confused by this. Another picture type that I think is in poor taste is one where it is obvious that you have cut out your ex boyfriend / husband from the photo. Another type of photo that is probably not a good idea is one of you from high school - you may have been prettier / slimmer / fitter, etc back then but you also had big 80's hair - which is a dead giveaway that either you aren't up on fashion at all, or this is a pic of you from 1987, not this year. Also, profiles with no pics at all do not get a response by me. Digital cameras are very affordable these days - do yourself a HUGE favor and get a pic to post.

I just wanted to post this on here to let the women here know that we men are very visually driven and we want to see a photo of YOU, not of your cute puppy, not of the scenery from your last vacation, not of you and someone else and we have to try and guess which one owns the profile. Not of you and the left arm of your ex husband around your shoulder. And certainly not a profile without a pic. I just wanted to let women know this because if they post pics like this or no pics at all, they will not be hearing from me. I am willing to bet that most of the men here agree with me on this one. I am not saying this to be mean in any way; I am saying this to try to help someone out who may not have even thought of how their profile may be perceived when they put pics like this up as their only pics. If you have done this and you aren't getting many responses, I will guarantee you this is why.

I love everyone here and I want you to have success and find the mate God has for you, and I feel that photos like this (or no photos at all) really hurt your chances. As a guy, I just wanted to let you know how pics like this are perceived by the men of the site, well, at least by THIS man.

Blessings to you,

Derek

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jan, 2009 09:24 AM

Hello derek,

I completely understand what you are saying...as I used to be that way. smiles. 'Me' picking the one for me didn't work.Am attempting to keep my mind open to what God wants for me. Exterior beauty fades. Limiting yourself may be limiting what God can do for you? Hmmmmm.....just a thought.....

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jan, 2009 09:39 AM

I hear you, and I agree with what you are saying - that you need to let God bring you the "one" and that exterior beauty fades. But exterior beauty won't fade for a very long time if you take care of yourself. And, if we are honest, men are very attracted to physical beauty. I am just being real here.

But anyway, this post wasn't about that - it was to help the women here who are posting pics that are not helping, but rather, hurting, their chances of finding a man.

This was purely an attempt to be helpful, this was NOT AT ALL about me or what I want / am looking for. I think you missed the entire point of the post.

There are plenty of pics of beautiful women on here and it would have been very easy for me to just ignore the profiles without good photos, but instead I chose to say something that may help someone improve their chances.

Derek

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jan, 2009 10:01 AM

toosanger,

Thanks for your post and you are so right. Before I was saved, I used to have a type of man that would be attracted too. But that has all changed praise God.

If a man loves the Lord, serves Him, is obedient to Him and is a strong spiritual leader and teacher, these things are extremely attractive. If a man has these qualities, to me it does not matter what he looks like or what his financial status is because if God is in it, it will succeed.

Looks will fade, even if the profile picture looks perfect people will gain and lose weight, get wrinkles, go bald, lose their teeth, become unemployed etc. etc.

What will last is a strong spiritual bond, the choice to love one another and grow together in our walks with the Lord.

I desire a man who will love me for me and not a profile picture. One that want's to serve God in ministry and put's Him first.

That is why I no longer look at the profiles, I read these forum posts to determine where someone is in his walk with the Lord and to see what his values are. Then I can determine whether or not to communicate with someone.

Proverbs 31:30

1 Samuel 16:7

May we see as He does, Lydia

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jan, 2009 11:57 AM

Hi Deserthealer,

I respect your words, and it is of truth. However, if you're going to address this issues in all fairness,your words must also apply to some of the guys as well, who also have less than desirable profiles for viewing.

Some of the guys have profiles that are of old photos, with caps on their heads, hidding their baldness. Some photos are of him with his arms around a woman and/or women, whether they be family members, or whomever or whatever. This too, is a turn off for us ladies, and we don't know if the person he is hugging is an old wife, girlfriend, mother, aunt, daughter, or freind (s), some with groups of chilrdren, don't know if these all belong to him or what. Some profiles of the men also don't have photos, and/or even writings telling us about himself. This too, is a turn off...

So if your words are for the goose, let it also be spoken as well to the gander... and all gooses, geeses, and ganders who are seeking someone of interest based on our profiles, should heed what you have written and do better.:winksmile::laugh:

I, personally, have not posted a photo because I have an intended purpose for not doing so... but I plan to do so very soon. And until such time, as I state on my profile, blessed is he who has not seen and yet believes...

Desrthealer, thanks for your post and I hope you join in on our discussions...

Blessings always in Christ,

ET (ella)

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jan, 2009 12:26 PM

ATTENTION PLEASE!...(clearing my throat)... PLEASE! MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION!...

ALL GOOSES, GEESES, AND GANDERS... THIS APPLIES TO THE DUCKS AND DRAKES AS WELL!...

PLEASE IF WE ARE SERIOUSLY SEEKING RELATIONSHIPS, PLEASE LET US BE MINFUL OF OUR PROFILES, WHAT WE POST, HOW WE POST, AND THE PHOTOS WE POST AND/OR DO NOT POST...

DESERTHEALER, HAS MADE SOME EXCELLENT POINTS IN HIS COMMENTS ABOUT THE LADIES' PROFILES, AND WAHT SHOULD BE AND BE EXPECTED AS TO WHAT GUYS ARE SEEKING. MOREOVER, THIS ALSO APLLIES TO THE MEN WHO ARE SEEKING SOMEONE SPECIAL, AS TO WHAT WE THE LADIES ARE SEEKING....

AND BY THE WAY, PLEASE YOU GUYS, PLEEAASSE!...CUT THE RAMBLING ABOUT STUFF THAT ONLY MAKES SENSE TO YOU WHEN POSTING IN THE "ABOUT YOURSELF" SECTION OF YOUR PROFILES. WE LADIES DON'T CARE TO READ ALL THAT OFF THE WALL GIBBERISH... WE CAN READ THE BOOK OF SOLOMON IF WE CARE TO READ SOMETHING ROMANTIC. SPEAK THOSE THINGS ABOUT YOURSELF, AND NOT WHAT YOU THINK, WE LADIES WOULD LIKE TO HEAR!:winksmile::hearts:

THANKS FOR CARING, AND CONSIDERING TO TAKE HEED...

Your sister in Christ,

ET

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jan, 2009 12:27 PM

One of the first thoughts that I had when I read your post was, maybe they are not trying to attract the type of man that is interested in looks only.

I am of the opinion that you use the bait for the type of fish you are trying to catch. If you want a person who is still mostly in the world, you post a glamor shot. If you want who God has in mind for you, it doesn't matter what you have up, they are interested in the heart.

Just my opinion,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jan, 2009 04:42 PM

Hey Derick,

Well you have to understand something some woman have weight issues and are embarased of what they look like..Where The Majority Of Men Are Interesed In "The Model Type" so they get scared...I am wondering if these type of women actually telll you they put up a fake picture for how did you find out that wasn't them is My Question To You"..."The main thing is Derick,is ask The Lord to bring you someone who Loves Jesus and Your Holy Word And That Will Edify And Ecourage You And Give You All That You Need As A Person...(A Man) I wouldn't worry about it...That just a meer small thing a Picture it is a person heart...If I am not miskaten I think that what (Leon) was saying and that was very "Well Put" (Leon)

~Blessings~:peace::applause:

~Lynda~:peace::angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jan, 2009 11:43 PM

very nice help:glow:

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Feb, 2009 08:59 PM

I do agree it helps to see a pick, but I am not one to look at appearance but I like to visualize who I am talking to. There is one thing for you guys that would help though. Make sure if you have a young lady in the pick, identify her. If its an old girl friend don't put it in there. Ladies can feel a little intimidated by it. Trust me it will help.

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Feb, 2009 03:36 PM

I also think this could be directed toward men or women. In my case, I don't think I have very many pictures of me by myself, so I had to cut out my friends (girls) from them because I'm not going to show their faces or just have a black circle covering their face. But, that could easily be mistaken for me cutting out a guy, but I did not.

I know what you mean too about someone posting a picture of them and a friend of the same gender - both guys and girls on here do that. But you are right, it's like "ok, so which one are you?"

The only guy I talk to regularly on this site, I contacted him first and I didn't have a picture up and he talked to me for a while before I finally did put them up. He asked me about my faith before I had the pictures. Now, even after putting them up - that is all we continue to talk about: faith, the Bible, our Sunday church services, etc. It's great. We have become good friends.

Page : 1 2